Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: Salisbury 2022

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

r 16, 2022 11:37 pm

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: ↑
ergit wrote: ↑
Seriously? Get a grip.
Way too early for that kind of talk….

It’s not if they can get by Salisbury. See you in East Hartford . They were my dark horse preseason but have been living up to the hype. This could be their year currently 13-0 playing their best game to date against Williams 15-2. Scored 17 on Lynchburg and Gettysburg 16 Ursinus 19HSC , 22 at Roanoke. Let’s see what happens at Salisbury

Worst Gull beating in years , CNU final 4 material better than even I have thought

- Only the 2nd Loss by 3+ since
- Only the 6th Loss by 3+ since
- Only the 14th time they've lost by
3+ since 2000.
That's 463 games since 2000 and
they've only lost by 3+…...14 times.
Insane.
only the 8TH TIME since 1992 the Gulls have lost by 5+

Now they’ll just need to do it again when it counts
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Laxwatch2007 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:56 pm Well, at least they will not have the added pressure of being undefeated as they go into the NCAA tournament. The refusal to move the ball finally bit the offense on the ass and the Gull’s defense looked like they were plating in cement shoes. On the other hand, CNU played an outstanding game, winning most of the face offs and routinely beating the Gulls to ground balls. Hopefully, this game will serve as a great life lesson for the Gulls as they prepare for the post-season.
A life lesson??? A little dramatic!!!! It was a lacrosse game.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:34 am
Laxwatch2007 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:56 pm Well, at least they will not have the added pressure of being undefeated as they go into the NCAA tournament. The refusal to move the ball finally bit the offense on the ass and the Gull’s defense looked like they were plating in cement shoes. On the other hand, CNU played an outstanding game, winning most of the face offs and routinely beating the Gulls to ground balls. Hopefully, this game will serve as a great life lesson for the Gulls as they prepare for the post-season.
A life lesson??? A little dramatic!!!! It was a lacrosse game.
If your are not learning, you are losing
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I was only able to stream a short part of the SU/CNU game but the final score surprised me so I decided to check the Box Score at the SU web page. Those numbers surprised me given the score.

SU 7 Goals; 28 Shots; 17 SOG; 4 Assists; 23 GBs; 15 T/O; 11 CT; Clears 20 - 21
CNU 17 Goals; 43 Shots; 33 SOG; 8 Assists; 44 GBs; 16 T/O; 9 CT; Clears 21 - 21

GOALIES: Shahin (SU); 16 GA; 15 Saves
Hanway (CNU); 7 GA; 8 Saves

FOGOs: McPartland (SU) 8 – 24
Cabaniss (CNU) 18 – 26

Size and speed of the two teams are roughly comparable. Both coaching staffs are excellent but an edge to SU.

My take from the numbers is that SU was flat and out hustled. CNU wanted it more.

I’d be interested in the opinion from anyone who watched the game (in person or streaming) and especially any coaches or former coaches for insights on game dynamics. Thank you
Wall Ball

Post by Wall Ball »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:21 pm I was only able to stream a short part of the SU/CNU game but the final score surprised me so I decided to check the Box Score at the SU web page. Those numbers surprised me given the score.

Cabaniss (CNU) 18 – 26

Size and speed of the two teams are roughly comparable. Both coaching staffs are excellent but an edge to SU.

My take from the numbers is that SU was flat and out hustled. CNU wanted it more.

I’d be interested in the opinion from anyone who watched the game (in person or streaming) and especially any coaches or former coaches for insights on game dynamics. Thank you
The second meeting will be in the conference championship, will be totally different. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next game goes SU way. Have the Gulls ever lost to the same team twice in a year. CNU is good, but if the Gulls could improve the FoGo %, it could be a different game. Reference the Lynchburg CNU game when their FoGo Cabinnis went down in the second half. Lynchburg made a valiant comeback but came up short. Basically ran out of time. The possible 3rd game between the C2C teams in the tourney, if both teams are in the south or the championship game will determine who is better. CNU coach Thompson admitted, his team was constructed to mirror the Gulls. It would be the only way they could win.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Bark man is a great coach. But don’t sleep on Mikey Thompson. Young and aggressive. CNU is playing faster than SU. I don’t think that is something a coach can change in a few weeks. I might be wrong, but CNU just looks different.
Slim

Post by Slim »

All this negative chatter is just what the Gulls need. They will respond and opponents be warned. Too much talent to hold back. Need to be stronger up the middle.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Yes WallBall
LYN best them twice in 2015..

Conference championship should be at CNU home field advantage.
Max Wayne owned Cross Ferrera and should expect same result. Without him it seems SAL offense stalled.
SAL may not have the goalie to contain the Captains
sipecoth

Post by sipecoth »

Wall Ball wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:01 pm
MrLax2U wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:21 pm I was only able to stream a short part of the SU/CNU game but the final score surprised me so I decided to check the Box Score at the SU web page. Those numbers surprised me given the score.

Cabaniss (CNU) 18 – 26

The second meeting will be in the conference championship, will be totally different. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next game goes SU way. Have the Gulls ever lost to the same team twice in a year. CNU is good, but if the Gulls could improve the FoGo %, it could be a different game. Reference the Lynchburg CNU game when their FoGo Cabinnis went down in the second half. Lynchburg made a valiant comeback but came up short. Basically ran out of time. The possible 3rd game between the C2C teams in the tourney, if both teams are in the south or the championship game will determine who is better. CNU coach Thompson admitted, his team was constructed to mirror the Gulls. It would be the only way they could win.
Several years ago, York beat Salisbury in the regular season and then lost in the CAC playoffs. This is definitely CNU's best team that I can remember, and its best opportunity to win the CAC championship. Berkman will have the gulls ready for round two, and the game will be closer, even if CNU wins.
jusreLaxin

Post by jusreLaxin »

Geeeeez?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Great game so far, Cabrini really playing up. Thoughts and prayers for the Salisbury fans/people with ears who have to listen to this play-by-play guy for sixty minutes.
lando622

Post by lando622 »

I chose this as my game of the week but didn't expect this...
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

After sitting through nearly 48 minutes of watching the Gulls make mental mistake after mental mistake, I got to see 2 minutes of some of the most exciting lacrosse that I have ever seen. The Gulls were down by 3 with about 2:05 left in the game and since they had only scored 1 goal and had not won any face offs in the second half, their prospects for a comeback were not exactly promising. Nonetheless, the Gulls somehow managed win back-to-back face offs and score 3 goals in less than 2 minutes and then almost scored the game winner with about 7 seconds left in the 4th quarter but the shot cleared the top of the crossbar by less than 3 inches. The first OT was back and fourth with Salisbury’s defense smothering Cabrini’s O. Cabrini won the face off in the 2nd OT but was unable to score and eventually turned the ball over. After a Salisbury timeout, the Gulls started the ball up top with Cross Ferrera at the X. When he got the ball, Ferrera drove to his right, managed to get half a step on his defender and the blasted a rocket shot past the Cabrini goaltender for the miracle win. The Cabrini goalie never had a chance to stop the shot and was last seen breaking his stick over the Cabrini bench.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cabrini hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire.
salisbury probably only wants to see cnu 1 more time.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Brutal final two minutes of regulation for Cabrini. Two different turnovers on substitution violations and a third turnover from just chucking the ball out of bounds. Salisbury has no chance without those gifts…but it still takes a great team to capitalize on all of them.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

ah23 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:30 pm Great game so far, Cabrini really playing up. Thoughts and prayers for the Salisbury fans/people with ears who have to listen to this play-by-play guy for sixty minutes.
this was by far the most accurate post ever. That guy is brutal haha
KennyPowers69

Post by KennyPowers69 »

Salisbury offense is nothing more isolation one on one. They hand ZERO assists on 10 goals against Cabrini. The have several guys that can shoot the ball but really don't have that true playmaker. They have struggled in the 2nd half against quality opponents this year and if Berkman doesn't figure things out its gonna be a quick exit in this year's tournament.
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Salisbury offense is nothing more isolation one on one. They hand ZERO assists on 10 goals against Cabrini. The have several guys that can shoot the ball but really don't have that true playmaker. They have struggled in the 2nd half against quality opponents this year and if Berkman doesn't figure things out its gonna be a quick exit in this year's tournament.

My thoughts exactly. The most frustrating part about watching Salisbury’s offense is that while the guy with the ball is trying to score one-on-one, the rest of the offense is just standing around watching. There is very little off the ball movement. When they run into good teams like CNU or Cabrini, they really struggle to score.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

My son played at Mary Wash and while Salisbury always killed us as fans we were amazed at how well their attack moved the ball. I remember Kalama, Blondino and I forget #45s name (he was built like a tank but had great hands). Very impressive and very unselfish. Although they charged us $5 when we played there :D
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

FXLax wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:46 pm My son played at Mary Wash and while Salisbury always killed us as fans we were amazed at how well their attack moved the ball. I remember Kalama, Blondino and I forget #45s name (he was built like a tank but had great hands). Very impressive and very unselfish. Although they charged us $5 when we played there :D
They charged the fans? Or the opposing team?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”