Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

Wood Sticks 4ever wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:09 pm
steel_hop wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:01 pm Hipkins offense is awful. That's the story. They are averaging 10 goals a game. It is just not good. You cam make whatever excuses you want about TOs or clearing at the end of the day. There just isn't that much talent.. not a single guy on offense can beat their man. Their is no Skuliank that can just beat their player.

It isn't scheme it is players
Steel is on point. I just watchied Maryland v. Virginia, and I'm hard pressed to think of any JHU player who could even make the field. Maybe Epstein as the third A on Maryland, but that is it. We have some good complementary players, no but alpha dog (e. g. Tinney or Brown). Until that changes, the Skuliant's of this world are going to eat our lunch.
The overall sentiment is correct but Degnon has outscored everyone on UVA's first and second midfield as well as several guys who get time at both attack and midfield for Maryland
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Don't forget to just be grateful that you got to watch a game today at Homewood. :D
Wood Sticks 4ever

Post by Wood Sticks 4ever »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:15 pm
steel_hop wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:01 pm Hipkins offense is awful. That's the story. They are averaging 10 goals a game. It is just not good. You cam make whatever excuses you want about TOs or clearing at the end of the day. There just isn't that much talent.. not a single guy on offense can beat their man. Their is no Skuliank that can just beat their player.

Steel is on point. I just watchied Maryland v. Virginia, and I'm hard pressed to think of any JHU player who could even make the field. Maybe Epstein as the third A on Maryland, but that is it. We have some good complementary players, no but alpha dog (e. g. Tinney or Brown). Until that changes, the Skuliant's of this world are going to eat our lunch.
The overall sentiment is correct but Degnon has outscored everyone on UVA's first and second midfield as well as several guys who get time at both attack and midfield for Maryland
You are right, Degnon is a really good complementary player, but his last 3 games (and half his goals) were played on attack - as a middie, he had 8 goals in 5 games, and 4 of them were against Towson.
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

That 23 spot Maryland threw up today on UVA is intimidating. Murphy played really well. It’s too bad he’s in a Terp uniform.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Wood Sticks 4ever wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:03 pm

You are right, Degnon is a really good complementary player, but his last 3 games (and half his goals) were played on attack - as a middie, he had 8 goals in 5 games, and 4 of them were against Towson.
No doubt, just saying he'd see the field for both teams. I think Angelus would too. Similar player to Maryland's Kyle Long, similar statistically as well.
flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:17 pm That 23 spot Maryland threw up today on UVA is intimidating. Murphy played really well. It’s too bad he’s in a Terp uniform.
They looked terrifyingly good, but they've looked terrifyingly good and we've been competitive against them in past years. Something about The Rivalry. But we're a long way from worrying about that.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:35 pm
Wood Sticks 4ever wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:03 pm

No doubt, just saying he'd see the field for both teams. I think Angelus would too. Similar player to Maryland's Kyle Long, similar statistically as well.
flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:17 pm That 23 spot Maryland threw up today on UVA is intimidating. Murphy played really well. It’s too bad he’s in a Terp uniform.
They looked terrifyingly good, but they've looked terrifyingly good and we've been competitive against them in past years. Something about The Rivalry. But we're a long way from worrying about that.
Those two teams would also find some room for Smith and Martin on defense.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CrookedJay

Post by CrookedJay »

The players are plenty good enough to win. Navy is the ultimate trap game for JHU, particularly after beating Cuse which, considering Coach’s return, probably felt a little better than it should have given the Orange’s downward trajectory.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Don't think we can really count on beating MD for the AQ this year.
A loss against Delaware would really put us behind the 8 ball.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I was starting to forget how much fun this rivalry was. ...'sure hope it continues.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

surprising DE is not riding the clears...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

how did that shot by Joey not go in?

doesn't appear that LSN has instant replay capabilities
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Epstein turns the ball over and goal the other way. Nobody will convince me his lack of ball security isn’t hurting the team.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

no bueno
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

really pathetic offensive start.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Just painful to watch at this point.

Plenty of time to turn the game around.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I am sorry to point this out because he is playing out of position but Delaware literally has zero respect for Keogh - especially in the zone - they don't care where he goes what he does - they will take their chances all day with him shooting from 10+ yds
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

You Have to save THAT
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

See what happens when Keoght plays attack position on the field
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

flalax22 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:12 pm Epstein turns the ball over and goal the other way. Nobody will convince me his lack of ball security isn’t hurting the team.
Wasn't their a tiff between him and PM in the early stages, or was that related to an injury or....?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”