FIT

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan00

Re: FIT

Post by Laxfan00 »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:40 am Any Win is a good win for the FIT program. Should be interesting to see how this staff reacts when games are a little more challenging. Flagler looked ok for their first year of D2 competition. I would not be surprised to see some of these Florida players who are on other rosters think about transferring to Flagler. Can't see how sitting on the sideline with a team roster of 50+ players and not getting any quality PT makes sense at some of these mid-level D2 programs.Florida Southern looks like to the team to beat in the SSC. Go Rollins.
Uh did you see the Tampa v Florida Southern game last week. Think again my friend.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Laxfan00 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:45 pm
Old&InTheWay wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:40 am Any Win is a good win for the FIT program. Should be interesting to see how this staff reacts when games are a little more challenging. Flagler looked ok for their first year of D2 competition. I would not be surprised to see some of these Florida players who are on other rosters think about transferring to Flagler. Can't see how sitting on the sideline with a team roster of 50+ players and not getting any quality PT makes sense at some of these mid-level D2 programs.Florida Southern looks like to the team to beat in the SSC. Go Rollins.
Uh did you see the Tampa v Florida Southern game last week. Think again my friend.
Not just that - 13-8 over L-R yesterday. FSC is good, but not that good.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Sorry guys, I missed the FS/TB score. Looks like everyone is playing for second place in the SSC. Any predications on how the rest of SSC plays out. I think ER might be the team to keep and eye on. FS,Lynn, Rollins should all be in the hunt. FIT has a lot of transfers, we will see if that new coaching staff can work together. A lot of inexperience, but if they can put it together, they might make some noise. Then this new AD will look like a genius.
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

A huge crowd at US Lacrosse HQ last night saw FT dismantle Seton Hill. They dominated both ends with stifling defense and great goalie play. The offense looked crisp and fast in transition. It was a beat down.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

FIT is rolling with this new HC....hope they can keep together when the tough SSC games start.
jakester

Post by jakester »

As I said, he is a good hire for them. He has a ton of experience coaching and knows the game. Looking forward to the rest of the year and who he will recruit for the future.
Fandadof3laxers

Decent crowd on a windy Monday in Wilmington. FIT not as sharp as they were on Saturday, but scoring from everywhere and got another big win. Rolling into Tampa next weekend. Boom!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

A wins a win, but I would be more than a little concerned with giving up 15 goals and now going over to Tampa after a long road trip. Isn't Coach Penn coaching at Tampa? Should be interesting to say the least. Drama ???
Fandadof3laxers

Tremendous effort in 2OT loss after leading the whole way. I say they get UT when they come to Melbourne. FIT is a legit contender.
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

that was a hell of a game, FIT will be a force on their home turf
the way they've bounced back from a difficult start, with all the internal issues is a testament to
the team and the leadership from the players
the rematches with Tampa and Rollins will be PRIMO
Fandadof3laxers

Great closeout win against Mesa today. Back and forth for 60 minutes. The games you must win when its down the wire.
Fandadof3laxers

Another heart stopping victory for the Panthers! These guys are rolling and proving they can close out against the best competition. Qualified for SSC and possibly a home game. Go, Panthers!
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

great gritty game, both teams went at 100% , next game against Rollins
will be something !
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Any news on the South Region? Hopefully SSC can get 4 teams in, I think they desire it. Hats off to the players at FIT and the senior leadership. The administration failed them but they were able to hang in and battle hard with an inexperienced coaching staff. Go Rollins !
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:20 am Any news on the South Region? Hopefully SSC can get 4 teams in, I think they desire it. Hats off to the players at FIT and the senior leadership. The administration failed them but they were able to hang in and battle hard with an inexperienced coaching staff. Go Rollins !
as of may 1 they only have 1 team.....

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... l-rankings

What games are left that would change things significantly?
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

Be thrilled if SSC got two, it's a long shot, Rollins lost to FSC twice and FSC
got taken to the woodshed 3 x by Tampa
my guess Wingate sneaks in at #6,
Laxwarrior

Post by Laxwarrior »

tampalax wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:29 pm Be thrilled if SSC got two, it's a long shot, Rollins lost to FSC twice and FSC
got taken to the woodshed 3 x by Tampa
my guess Wingate sneaks in at #6,
I think I'd rather see 2 from SAC, 2 from SSC at 2 from other conferences
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

IMO..... Wingate doesn't pass the eye test. Reward teams who play hard every game. SSC should have at least 2 teams Tampa a given. Rollins is the next choice. You could probably make an argument for FIT...... because they played Tampa 3x...... who else played a #1 ranked team 3x ? Maybe if the Coach Penn was there, this would not be happening.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:38 pm IMO..... Wingate doesn't pass the eye test. Reward teams who play hard every game. SSC should have at least 2 teams Tampa a given. Rollins is the next choice. You could probably make an argument for FIT...... because they played Tampa 3x...... who else played a #1 ranked team 3x ? Maybe if the Coach Penn was there, this would not be happening.
I understand the eye test.

But Wingate's early season in-region wins over Mercyhurst and Limestone propped them up.

If you take out playing themselves, FIT Rollins and Florida Southern were a combined 2-9 against teams in consideration. 0-9 against Southern Teams in Consideration (Tampa, Limestone, LR, Wingate, UIndy, and Lindenwood).
FIT 1-3
FSC 1-5
Rollins 0-1

The numbers back up Wingate.
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:38 pm IMO..... Wingate doesn't pass the eye test. Reward teams who play hard every game. SSC should have at least 2 teams Tampa a given. Rollins is the next choice. You could probably make an argument for FIT...... because they played Tampa 3x...... who else played a #1 ranked team 3x ? Maybe if the Coach Penn was there, this would not be happening.
Wingate lost yo Lemoyne by 4
Beat hurst
Beat stone
A couple of close losses to LR

They have a better resume

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”