Catholic vs Colorado College
No votes
Stevenson vs Colorado College
No votes

Total votes: 53

DeepPocket

Game of the week

Post by DeepPocket »

Mention below any others you wish to discuss.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nothinbutthelax

Re: Game of the week

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

NOKE vs. Dickinson
Maybe Catholic was running low on gas after 3 away games but NOKE will be hungry!
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Aside from the Colorado College games - the rest are definitely the games of the week.

Really interested to see how Stevens Tech @ Haverford goes this Wednesday; given last Saturday's results.
And will be curious to see if Centre backs up their Pre-Season ranking with a win over OWU.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

After seeing CNU slide by RMC by only 2, HSC could have a chance of knocking off a top 5 team. I think that it will be a great game early in the season. Definitely will be mistakes but could see CNU falling short by 1 or 2. Thoughts?
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Agree on HSC potentially knocking off a top 10, but I am curious about Lynchburg being a legit top 4 team and taking care of business against Cabrini, another top 10. I'm also curious about the fight Gettysburg can put up against the Gulls. All good matchups.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

HSC vs CNU appears to be the one to watch during the crowded Saturday 1pm start time.
RetiredLLLaxer

Post by RetiredLLLaxer »

Union and Babson are playing on Sunday. Babson handled a Bates team that hasn’t played in a year but still impressive. Should be a good one!
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

RetiredLLLaxer wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:24 pm Union and Babson are playing on Sunday. Babson handled a Bates team that hasn’t played in a year but still impressive. Should be a good one!
Babson is 0-12 against Union since the 08/09 Season when they started playing every year.
It would say a lot if they get over that hump (on the road), and start 3-0
NotInTheOffice

Post by NotInTheOffice »

IMO Bullets v Gulls and CNU v HSC are the big games to watch.
I’m rooting for both underdogs but believe HSC has a much higher chance to win their matchup.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:03 am HSC vs CNU appears to be the one to watch during the crowded Saturday 1pm start time.
I think it will be CNU, possibly by a lot
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:11 am NOKE vs. Dickinson
Maybe Catholic was running low on gas after 3 away games but NOKE will be hungry!
Dickinson pulls away in the 4th
Dehuntshigwa’es

BallHunt wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:27 pm Agree on HSC potentially knocking off a top 10, but I am curious about Lynchburg being a legit top 4 team and taking care of business against Cabrini, another top 10. I'm also curious about the fight Gettysburg can put up against the Gulls. All good matchups.
lynchburg over Cabrini
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:25 pm
BallHunt wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:27 pm Agree on HSC potentially knocking off a top 10, but I am curious about Lynchburg being a legit top 4 team and taking care of business against Cabrini, another top 10. I'm also curious about the fight Gettysburg can put up against the Gulls. All good matchups.
lynchburg over Cabrini
I think you're probably right.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
overandback

Post by overandback »

SaltCounty wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:47 am
RetiredLLLaxer wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:24 pm Union and Babson are playing on Sunday. Babson handled a Bates team that hasn’t played in a year but still impressive. Should be a good one!
Babson is 0-12 against Union since the 08/09 Season when they started playing every year.
It would say a lot if they get over that hump (on the road), and start 3-0
I like Babson +1.5 goals.
Don’t sleep on the Beaver!
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

How can the game of the week be anything but the Seagulls vs the Bullets. The Gulls graduated a few key pieces vs. the Bullets had a few opt outs coming back. I see this game going in any direction with the Gulls winning by a lot to the Bullets winning by a lot. Whatever happens though, will be a good indicator of the D3 landscape going forward.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

My predictions:
StJF by a lot
Salisbury by a lot
Lynchburg
CNU
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:42 am My predictions:
StJF by a lot
Salisbury by a lot
Lynchburg
CNU
Define a lot. My head has it Salisbury 12- Gettysburg 10, but hoping for a different outcome
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Laxdds wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:00 am Define a lot. My head has it Salisbury 12- Gettysburg 10, but hoping for a different outcome
Feeling like it will be a 16-8 type of scenario. Getting doubled up is “a lot” to me. Reality is after last year I don’t have a great idea of what Gettysburg is at the moment. I have an idea of what Salisbury is, and that is a force. So that obviously is affecting my prediction (really a guess).

Having a family member who played at Gettysburg, and having myself been trounced by Salisbury on the field, I want Gettysburg to smoke them. But I’m not ready to bet on it.
richard

Post by richard »

Not sure what to think of the Ithaca SUCO score but Fisher is the real deal and will handily beat the bombers.

Salisbury is still a 1v1 team. How many assists were recorded vs Scranton? If G-Burg can handle Ferraro they get a win. Either which way it should be a good one. Here’s hoping if it’s tight at the end that Berkman lets them play out.

I’m also thinking Noke Dickinson should be fun. Dickinson has the edge but Noke looked more like themselves in the second half vs Catholic than I’ve seen in a couple of years. I’m looking forward to a nice day in Sparks. Go Noke.
LarumVictoia

Post by LarumVictoia »

richard wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:20 am Salisbury is still a 1v1 team. How many assists were recorded vs Scranton? If G-Burg can handle Ferraro they get a win.
The Gulls had 11 assists on 25 goals vs. Scranton. I'd like to see 50%, but considering Farrara had 4 of them, I think they're trending in the right direction (at least after one game). I think the Gulls win this one 15-9 whether the Bullets corral Ferrara or not. J. Bromwell (his little brother is playing now too), Dowd, Thrasher (one of the best names in lax), Posner & company are a good group. As long as they share the ball and don't waste possessions on bad shots, I think they roll.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”