Wednesday 4/6 @Hun
Saturday 4/9 St. Augustine
Wednesday 4/13 Brunswick
Saturday 4/16 Kiski
Wednesday 4/20 CBA (NJ)
Saturday 4/23 Salisbury
Friday 4/29 La Salle
Saturday 4/30 @Mercersburg
Wednesday 5/4 Deerfield (Neutral Location)
Saturday 5/7 Hill (PA)
5/20 & 5/22 Prep Nationals @ Brunswick
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: Lawrenceville

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

Lawrenceville had a great showing at NHSLS going 3-0 and 2-1 against some top teams.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxDog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:40 pm Lawrenceville had a great showing at NHSLS going 3-0 and 2-1 against some top teams.
Huge upgrade in their schedule since their new coach. A good thing...
Caddy Day
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:44 pm
LaxDog wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:40 pm Lawrenceville had a great showing at NHSLS going 3-0 and 2-1 against some top teams.
Huge upgrade in their schedule since their new coach. A good thing...
Seems like they've really upgraded the roster talent as well. Seems like whenever I see a showcase all-star game roster these days there are a few Lawrenceville players on it. All part of the Joe Tsai effect...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 pm...the Joe Tsai effect...
Undeniably. I think the coach is doing a great job by bringing over a bunch of his Culver Boys and instilling the Culver Culture within the program (which is greatly helped by bringing over his chosen players) and my big question is... What happens in a few years when these Culver boys graduate. Maybe Joe finances the team ad infinitum so the coach will always have those top Culver (Canadian, midwest, etc.) players and changing the culture for the non-Culver players will be less important. If this is the case, that L'ville will be able to hand pick players from all over the world to get a free education at the nation's most expensive HS, then I have fewer questions...
Caddy Day
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

What constraints would there be on someone choosing to provide a free education, to selected laxers say, at the nation’s most expensive HS (assuming things were done by the book)? *

*Asked ingenuously
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:59 pm What constraints would there be...
None. If an alum (like Joe Tsai) wants to give 10 full scholarships to ten lacrosse players and call those 10 scholarships the Joe Lacrosse Scholarship Fund, he has every right to do this. Much like I have the right to pay for your gas or whatever. Nothing illegal about a person wanting to pay for other people's schooling. I believe.
Caddy Day
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Yikes. Thanks. However I can imagine Lawrenceville, or any reputable institution, being less than all in on such a concept.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:45 am Yikes. Thanks. However I can imagine Lawrenceville, or any reputable institution, being less than all in on such a concept.
Matnum's comment is accurate; there are certainly no legal obligations that would be a constraint, nor if I'm correct any league restrictions.

Sadly (IMO), schools often don't resist the temptations of satisfying their most generous donors. And that includes many that one might consider "reputable".

I have no idea about this particular situation, though, so no one need be offended by my comment.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:00 pm Matnum's comment is accurate; there are certainly no legal obligations that would be a constraint, nor if I'm correct any league restrictions.
Sadly (IMO), schools often don't resist the temptations of satisfying their most generous donors. And that includes many that one might consider "reputable".
I have no idea about this particular situation, though, so no one need be offended by my comment.
I think there are some rules about contacting players on other teams directly without them first expressing an interest in your (private) school but... Whatever. i know an Israeli guy who was helping an inexperienced varsity basketball coach to recruit players and he placed an ad in a local paper blatantly saying, If you're a top player, we want you. Kind of funny. Anyway, this was shut down very quickly. And, needless to say, even without the ad, the school had a bunch of good players the next season. Several Israelis but plenty of americans as well.

St. Frances (Baltimore) had a really good basketball team last season. This season, their top player switched to one of the power HS b'ball teams. Oakhill, Montverde, IMG, i think even the DeMathas and Gonzagas and other schools with tough conference schedules (not just tough tournament schedules) will always get top talent. and... why should lacrosse be any different. hs and college. anyone who cannot see Joe Tsai's role in Yale winning a National C'ship is blind. Don't be surprised if L'ville follows suit...
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:00 pm Matnum's comment is accurate; there are certainly no legal obligations that would be a constraint, nor if I'm correct any league restrictions.
I think there are some rules about contacting players on other teams directly without them first expressing an interest in your (private) school but... Whatever. i know an Israeli guy who was helping an inexperienced varsity basketball coach to recruit players and he placed an ad in a local paper blatantly saying, If you're a top player, we want you. Kind of funny. Anyway, this was shut down very quickly. And, needless to say, even without the ad, the school had a bunch of good players the next season. Several Israelis but plenty of americans as well.

St. Frances (Baltimore) had a really good basketball team last season. This season, their top player switched to one of the power HS b'ball teams. Oakhill, Montverde, IMG, i think even the DeMathas and Gonzagas and other schools with tough conference schedules (not just tough tournament schedules) will always get top talent. and... why should lacrosse be any different. hs and college. anyone who cannot see Joe Tsai's role in Yale winning a National C'ship is blind. Don't be surprised if L'ville follows suit...
Whatever happened to the kid at Towson (BB) who they called the Jewish Jordan?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:04 pm Whatever happened to the kid at Towson (BB) who they called the Jewish Jordan?
Tamir Goodman was legit. MVP of the Jordan Classic. Played at Towson and then they brought in a new coach... who wasn't a big Tamir fan. played fine but didn't thrive as an upperclassmen. Kind of shame. moved to israel where he played professionally for a bunch of years and then moved on with his life. he recently was in the news because of his new business enterprise: Aviv Basketball Net. Kind of interesting. https://www.jpost.com/science/israeli-s ... net-682796
Caddy Day

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”