Will The 2022 Tewaaraton Winner Be On The National Title-Winning Squad?

D1 Mens Lacrosse

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 15

gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

nm
Farfromgeneva

Re: Will The 2022 Tewaaraton Winner Be On The National Title-Winning Squad?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I feel like this should be: will UNC win the title because Chris Gray seems up for the lifetime achievement aspect of this.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
molo

Post by molo »

I checked "yes" but really mean probably. Gray is a legit candidate just as his team is a legit candidate for a Championship Weekend appearance.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

"No" just based on the odds alone.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Schellenberger :ugeek:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Who cares, overhyped individual award in the ultimate team sport.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:01 pm Who cares, overhyped individual award in the ultimate team sport.
A lot of people do
molo

Post by molo »

And it generally goes to the best player on the best team or to the best player on one of the best couple of teams. Some complain that it places too much emphasis on play in the NCAAT, but that is what team play is all about.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

At my kids clinic/practice at the facility of the Ga Swarm they had a life size bobblehead of Lyle Thompson and in all his profile information it said in parentheses for Tewaarton “the Heisman of lacrosse”. Granted this is in a suburb of Atlanta in the direction of Athens but thought of loyal lacrosse fans and how many puke when they hear or see this comparison constantly used.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

jrn19 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:01 pm Who cares, overhyped individual award in the ultimate team sport.
A lot of people do

Actually, 13 people cared enough to vote in this poll
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:39 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
A lot of people do

Actually, 13 people cared enough to vote in this poll
Ah yes, as we know, one poll on one board is indicative of the entire pulse of the sport
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

What little media college lacrosse actually gets it is a waste to spend so much coverage on an individual award in a true team sport. They should also call it the best attackman of the year because they are the only ones with a real chance of winning it, along with a rare exception of an offensive midfielder. Tremendous waste of exposure in my opinion, and other than a small number of people in our niche sport, no one cares.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I have nothing against the Tewaaraton award. But at the same time, I really don't care who wins it.

The question was interesting to me only in the fact that in the 20 years of the award, the winner was on the National Championship team exactly half of the time, or ten times.

More interesting was that this happened more in the first 10 years when only three players who won the award DIDN'T play on the National Championship team. Those were Doug Shanahan (Hofstra) in '01, Matt Danowski (Duke) in '07 and Max Siebald (Cornell) in '09.

In the last 10 years it is the exact opposite with only three players winning the award who DID play on the National Championship team. Those were Steele Stanwick (Virginia) in '11, Matt Rambo (Maryland) in '17 and Ben Reeves (Yale) in '18.

So how's that for some some useless information? Probably the reason was the voting is split evenly down the middle. :lol:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:19 pm What little media college lacrosse actually gets it is a waste to spend so much coverage on an individual award in a true team sport. They should also call it the best attackman of the year because they are the only ones with a real chance of winning it, along with a rare exception of an offensive midfielder. Tremendous waste of exposure in my opinion, and other than a small number of people in our niche sport, no one cares.
I got news for you. Other than the small number of people who give a rat's behind about our niche sport, no one cares about our niche sport..... :lol: :mrgreen:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Henpecked wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:16 pm I have nothing against the Tewaaraton award. But at the same time, I really don't care who wins it.

The question was interesting to me only in the fact that in the 20 years of the award, the winner was on the National Championship team exactly half of the time, or ten times.

More interesting was that this happened more in the first 10 years when only three players who won the award DIDN'T play on the National Championship team. Those were Doug Shanahan (Hofstra) in '01, Matt Danowski (Duke) in '07 and Max Siebald (Cornell) in '09.

In the last 10 years it is the exact opposite with only three players winning the award who DID play on the National Championship team. Those were Steele Stanwick (Virginia) in '11, Matt Rambo (Maryland) in '17 and Ben Reeves (Yale) in '18.

So how's that for some some useless information? Probably the reason was the voting is split evenly down the middle. :lol:
The Thompson threw it out of wack for 2 years.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”