Potomac State new coach

NJCAA Mens Lacrosse
hooligan88

Potomac State new coach

Post by hooligan88 »

PSC is set to hire former Earlham Coach Jason Grace.

Earlham did horrible last year.

After spending the 2016-17 academic year recruiting, Grace led the Quakers in their inaugural season as a varsity program in 2017-18, competing as members of the Ohio River Lacrosse Conference.

Grace comes to Earlham from Anne Arundel Community College (Md.) where he served as head men's lacrosse coach for two seasons. Grace managed all aspects of the program while also developing alumni and local business support for the program. He was honored with the Maryland Junior College Coach of the Year award in 2015 and the NJCAA Region XX Coach of the Year in 2015 and 2016.

No stranger to the HCAC or the ORLC, Grace spent two seasons as an assistant men's lacrosse coach at Hanover College. While at Hanover, he assisted the head coach in all aspects of coaching, recruiting, and administering an NCAA Division III varsity men's lacrosse program.

Grace also has experience at the NCAA Division I club level having spent one season as an assistant coach at Oregon State University and as a head coach at the high school level at Central York High School in York, Pa.

Grace graduated from York College of Pennsylvania in 2004 with a degree in sports management. He went on to earn a master's degree from Ohio University in 2016.

He and his wife Stephanie reside in Indianapolis.
thatsmell

Re: Potomac State new coach

Post by thatsmell »

Earlham was a first year program in Indiana under Grace.

They improved greatly from their inaugural season.

2018: 0-14 record, Scored 22 goals (1.57 gpg). 329 goals allowed (23.5 gpg).

2019: 4-12 record, Scored 97 goals (6.0 gpg). 259 goals allowed (16.1 gpg).

PS could have done a lot worse in this hire. They get a guy who is a proven JUCO/Region XX coach and that knows the MD PA scene.

Grace also played at Harford CC.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Nice, I hope it works for them. It was good to see them crack the top 10 last year. I love JUCO lax and would like to see more colleges get into it.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

New Coach has won both scrimmages. Beating DII Alderson Broaddus 13-11 and DIII Bethany 12-7.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

If rumors are true. Grace is out as head coach. Did not think he would last long in Keyser. He was horrible. The team was mismanaged and had only 11 players last year. Total turd show.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

hooligan88 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:37 pm If rumors are true. Grace is out as head coach. Did not think he would last long in Keyser. He was horrible. The team was mismanaged and had only 11 players last year. Total turd show.
CC rosters are hard enough to manage. Yet alone if you're in the middle of nowhere.
12 kids on the roster. 5 kids from WV. 7 from out of state.
How would John Danowski get kids to go to Potomac State for lacrosse?
Not a ton of laxers in WV. Where are the rest of the players gonna come from? Seems awful far to go to play for a developing JUCO team.
Good luck to whoever takes that gig.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

The new Potomac State coach got hired in October and now has tripled the sized of the roster. Way more than the 13 Grace had in his last season. That goes to show YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE WORK!!!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

hooligan88 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:29 pm The new Potomac State coach got hired in October and now has tripled the sized of the roster. Way more than the 13 Grace had in his last season. That goes to show YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE WORK!!!
Where are you seeing that? Their website shows they went from 13 rostered kids last year to 15 this year. And two kids don't have numbers.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

At the fall scrimmage they gad more than 15 and last year they actually only has 12 players suited up. On the bright side players told me Grace recruited most of these guys so....

Return to “NJCAA MENS LACROSSE”