January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:09 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 pm George Floyd was a lifelong violent criminal who was killed resisting arrest & his family was awarded close to 100 million dollars.

Ashli Babbitt served in the military with no criminal past was unarmed & killed by DC police. No public trial & no reward for the family.

If Ashli Babbitt was a black BLM protestor, the cop who shot her would have been identified immediately & all his details, address, family history, would be plastered all over media.

Cities around the world would be burning & Ashli’s funeral would be nationally televised.
Ms Babbit got what she deserved. Unarmed or armed it did not matter. She tried to break into the US Capital as part of the uncontrolled mob. I have no sympathy for her at all. Did these protesters think that this storming of our Capital building was just a prank? It is damn fortunate that she was the only person the capital police took out that day.

I’ll note that the cop who shot her has had a few unfortunate disciplinary incidents at work, sure to be revealed shortly though you can discover what I’m referring to if you hunt online a bit.

That all said, I’m not excusing Ashli above so much as drawing comparisons to highlight double standards.
You are so full of chit....his name has not been disclosed. You and Tucker.

His name is out there but media are not putting it in print and nor will I. It’s relatively easy to find.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:09 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 pm George Floyd was a lifelong violent criminal who was killed resisting arrest & his family was awarded close to 100 million dollars.

Ashli Babbitt served in the military with no criminal past was unarmed & killed by DC police. No public trial & no reward for the family.

If Ashli Babbitt was a black BLM protestor, the cop who shot her would have been identified immediately & all his details, address, family history, would be plastered all over media.

Cities around the world would be burning & Ashli’s funeral would be nationally televised.
Ms Babbit got what she deserved. Unarmed or armed it did not matter. She tried to break into the US Capital as part of the uncontrolled mob. I have no sympathy for her at all. Did these protesters think that this storming of our Capital building was just a prank? It is damn fortunate that she was the only person the capital police took out that day.

I’ll note that the cop who shot her has had a few unfortunate disciplinary incidents at work, sure to be revealed shortly though you can discover what I’m referring to if you hunt online a bit.

That all said, I’m not excusing Ashli above so much as drawing comparisons to highlight double standards.

You are so full of chit....his name has not been disclosed. You and Tucker.

His name is out there but media are not putting it in print and nor will I. It’s relatively easy to find.
Sure it is, Jimmy.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

It’s really interesting seeing so many on the Left support a police shooting of an unarmed person (Ashli Babbitt).

I'd bet the majority of left-liberals would say they regard the shooting of Ashli Babbitt by the police as completely justified despite the fact that she was unarmed and not engaged in violence.

The government won’t release information about the shooting.

Interesting.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

June 15, 2021
Heather Cox Richardson
Jun 16

This morning, the Democrats on the House Oversight Committee released a series of emails and documents that show just how hard former president Trump worked to overturn the 2020 election and retain an illegal grip on power.

On December 14, 2020, which was the day electors in each state certified the votes of the Electoral College, then-president Trump’s assistant wrote an email to then–Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen talking about alleged voter fraud in Michigan. The email was titled “From POTUS”—that is, from the President of the United States—and it included a long list of talking points to offer about why the votes should not be certified. That email had a number of documents that allegedly proved voter fraud.

Minutes after that email went out, another Justice Department official, Richard Donoghue, sent the same documents to the U.S. Attorneys for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan. Forty minutes later, then-president Trump tweeted that Attorney General William Barr would be stepping down and would be replaced by Rosen. Donoghue would become Rosen’s deputy.

On December 29, then-president Trump’s assistant emailed Rosen, Donoghue, and Acting Solicitor General Jeffrey Wall with a draft of a legal brief to file in the Supreme Court. It demanded that the court declare that the Electoral College votes of six states—ones that Trump lost—“cannot be counted” and asked the court to order a redo of the election in those states.

From then on, Trump and his aides, including White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, repeatedly pressured officials at the Department of Justice to overturn the election results. Meadows forwarded information suggesting, among other things, that Italians changed U.S. votes through satellite technology and that Trump clearly won the election. Their complaints were so far-fetched that Rosen and Donoghue referred to them as “Pure insanity.”

And yet, the Big Lie that Trump won the 2020 election continues to poison our country. On January 6, that lie led Trump’s supporters to try to stop the counting of the certified electoral votes by storming the Capitol and threatening the lawmakers there. Just hours after the insurrection, 147 Republicans voted to challenge the election results.

And some of them remain firmly in the camp of the Big Lie, now downplaying the events of January 6. Today, 21 House Republicans voted against awarding the Congressional Gold Medal, Congress’s highest award, to all the law enforcement officers who protected the Capitol on January 6. The measure passed with 406 lawmakers of both parties voting in favor. Republican Adam Kinzinger of Illinois said to those voting no: “How you can vote no to this is beyond me.”

But some have gone further in challenging the seriousness of the attack on the Capitol. Today at a hearing of the House Oversight Committee, a number of the Republicans spent their time expressing concern for the insurrectionists. Representative Glenn Grothman (R-WI) suggested that as many as 1000 of the people in the Capitol on January 6 were tourists who had wandered into the building inadvertently (the Capitol was closed to tourists because of the pandemic). Representative Paul Gosar (R-AZ) argued that the Capitol police officers were “lying in wait” for Ashli Babbitt, who was shot as she tried to break into a secure area. According to Gosar’s construction, Babbitt was “executed” by police. He demanded to know the name of the officer involved in the shooting.

Today, Attorney General Merrick Garland released the nation’s first ever National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism. It emphasized that the Department of Justice would seek to prevent violence, not protected expression, and would be evenhanded: “The definition of ‘domestic terrorism’ in our law makes no distinction based on political views—left, right, or center—and neither should we,” it said. The plan calls for streamlined information sharing among law enforcement officials, a focus on the transnational elements of domestic terrorism, an effort to reduce access to recruitment materials and weapons, and screening of government employees—including military and law enforcement—before hiring to make sure they do not harbor illegal and violent views.

The new plan also takes a longer view, saying that conquering our long tradition of domestic terrorism will require tackling racism, gun violence, and mass murders. Ending domestic terrorism means paying better attention to mental health and creating “the type of civics education that promotes tolerance and respect for all and investing in policies and programs that foster civic engagement and inspire a shared commitment to American democracy.” And, the document continues, “it means ensuring that there is simply no governmental tolerance—and instead denunciation and rejection—of violence as an acceptable mode of seeking political or social change.”

Also today, Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming, the third ranking Republican in the Senate, told a right-wing society that he wants to make President Biden “a one-half-term president” by retaking power in Congress in 2022 and blocking Biden’s agenda.

The president is in Europe, of course, but his spokesperson Andrew Bates illustrated that the administration intends to move beyond the Trump loyalists. In a statement, Bates said: “The President looks forward to continuing to deliver for the American people, continuing to make government work for them again, and continuing to bring our country together—after having reduced cases of the worst public health crisis in over a century by more than 90%, signed historic economic legislation that helped fuel unprecedented job growth for any administration’s first 100 days in office, protected Americans’ health care, and restored our leadership and competitiveness in the world.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:27 pm It’s really interesting seeing so many on the Left support a police shooting of an unarmed person (Ashli Babbitt).

I'd bet the majority of left-liberals would say they regard the shooting of Ashli Babbitt by the police as completely justified despite the fact that she was unarmed and not engaged in violence.

Interesting.

Did you watch the video of the incident? Res ipsa loquitur.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:27 pm It’s really interesting seeing so many on the Left support a police shooting of an unarmed person (Ashli Babbitt).

Interesting.

Did you watch the video of the incident? Res ipsa loquitur.

Sure have. DID YOU?

Ashli was surrounded by 2-9 armed police. She was UNARMED. I’d bet even liberals could have subdued her.

Was she in the act of killing someone? If so, I missed that.

Were you bellyaching about the death of Philando Castile? Why?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"...not engaged in violence..."

It's a sad joke that MAGA Nation believes this, one more in a long string of LIES they use to justify the criminal trespass on the Capitol grounds on that shameful day. The door to a secure area in the Capitol, the "Speaker's Lobby" was being crushed and destroyed by this mob of rioting insurrectionists, and these criminals were ordered repeatedly to stop and discontinue the unlawful behavior.

At NO TIME was Ms. Babbitt "surrounded by police officers" as the video clearly shows. Another MAGA Nation delusion.

A sad and sorry episode, just one more case were the weak-minded MAGA insurrectionists are attempting to re-write the history of this tragic and criminal behavior. They have no one to blame but themselves...

...and of course their Dear Leader, Donald J. Numbnuts himself.

Last edited by dislaxxic on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete, she charged a guy pointing a gun at her after she had been warned multiple times that he had a gun. She had broken into the Capitol. She broke through a door/window and was mere feet from congressional leadership. She was threatening members of Congress with violence.

Tell me again why she should get the Presidential Medal of Freedom?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Seems like the charges are starting to get more serious, arms transported over state lines for use against US government...

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 4957480965
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Maybe this is just how r's vacation as tourists???

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics ... index.html

Have to laugh at the media using the tag "former" Marine and Cop, when describing this terrorist...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Gee, now that Jan 6th mob are pleading guilty to insurrection how will Republicans respond who called it a normal sight seeing crowd??
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am Gee, now that Jan 6th mob are pleading guilty to insurrection how will Republicans respond who called it a normal sight seeing crowd??

Gee it’s not like the feds have a 99.9% conviction rate with trial penalties added on top for nothing. Solitary for months, superseding indictments with ham sandwich violations, sympathetic ex prosecutors as judges: those pleas can look appetizing to even the most innocent person.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Compared to 20 years in jail for sedition, plea agreements do look attractive.

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

I'd love to hear from an "innocent" person.
Please show us that one...surely one of these 500+ a-holes was actually "innocent" of a crime.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm Compared to 20 years in jail for sedition, plea agreements do look attractive.

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

Please show us that one...surely one of these 500+ a-holes was actually "innocent" of a crime.

You keep forgetting (or conveniently overlooking) that only one person was shot and killed that day, and instead focus on the fat unemployed slobs who put their feet up on Queen Nancy’s desk as if that’s a capital crime. Why is that?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:52 pm Compared to 20 years in jail for sedition, plea agreements do look attractive.

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

You keep forgetting (or conveniently overlooking) that only one person was shot and killed that day, and instead focus on the fat unemployed slobs who put their feet up on Queen Nancy’s desk as if that’s a capital crime. Why is that?
Show us an "innocent" who has been charged, Petey.
I'm eager to examine just one.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:18 pm

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

Would you have pointed a firearm from less than five feet away and shot Ashli Babbitt, as she was stuck in a windowsill, unable to come through, her unarmed, with nine capital policemen already surrounding her? That’s the only question you should be asking yourself.

As to the maga slobs, most should get misdemeanor tickets for unlawful entry and probation. Nothing more. You want ‘more’ punishment because you’re not much more than a biased Democrat with irrational vengeful bloodlust. That’s all. Nothing more to it. If you could step back (you can’t), there wasn’t even a million dollars of physical damage that day.

If you hit a cop, and were arrested, a whole different story. But very few did.

Now answer about Ashli. Why kill her from five feet away?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/art ... -important
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

Would you have pointed a firearm from less than five feet away and shot Ashli Babbitt, as she was stuck in a windowsill, unable to come through, her unarmed, with nine capital policemen already surrounding her? That’s the only question you should be asking yourself.

As to the maga slobs, most should get misdemeanor tickets for unlawful entry and probation. Nothing more. You want ‘more’ punishment because you’re not much more than a biased Democrat with irrational vengeful bloodlust. That’s all. Nothing more to it. If you could step back (you can’t), there wasn’t even a million dollars of physical damage that day.

I've discussed this ad nauseam, Petey.
Babbitt should not have breached that window. She and her cohort should not have smashed through doors chanting hang Mike Pence, calling for the death of other politicians including Pelosi. They should not have been beating on policemen hand to hand combat. They should not have been a seditious mob. Period. Guilty.

Now, as to the decision to pull the trigger, that barricade was the last in a series of fall back positions that the Capital Police had held as long as they could, fighting hand to hand at each barricade. Break past there and the mob was on the politicians and staff directly beyond. I don't have a problem with the cop's final call to pull the trigger as a last resort.

cradle would have mowed down the whole mob early on. Different tack than me.

But hey show us one of your "innocents"...let's examine that unicorn.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:50 pm

But sedition it was.

Not a tourist visit.

I've discussed this ad nauseam, Petey.
Babbitt should not have breached that window. She and her cohort should not have smashed through doors chanting hang Mike Pence, calling for the death of other politicians including Pelosi. They should not have been beating on policemen hand to hand combat. They should not have been a seditious mob. Period. Guilty.

Now, as to the decision to pull the trigger, that barricade was the last in a series of fall back positions that the Capital Police had held as long as they could, fighting hand to hand at each barricade. Break past there and the mob was on the politicians and staff directly beyond. I don't have a problem with the cop's final call to pull the trigger as a last resort.

cradle would have mowed down the whole mob early on. Different tack than me.

But hey show us one of your "innocents"...let's examine that unicorn.

I already said the most of the maga boys are guilty, but only of misdemeanors. You want them to have felony records. You want them to have felonies because you aren’t rational when it comes to Trump and anyone who voted for him.

By the way, you really ought to read the following two articles to understand why you aren’t a conservative anymore.

https://theweek.com/articles/964006/ris ... servatives

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ump-495221

Return to “POLITICS”