January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:50 pm My faith in IG reports never waivered. I'm a big fan of DoJ IG Horowitz's work, as well as the State Dept IG's work on Benghazi & Secy Clinton's homebrew server. Also the USAF IG's investigation on the use of P restwick as a refueling base.
“Fan” sounds about right.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Pete Williams today on MSNBC's MPT, reporting on FBI Director Wray's House testimony today :
...of the thousands of counter-terrorism investigations that the FBI is doing, domestic terrorism investigations, virtually none of those people that were under investigation were among those who came to the Capitol on Jan 6th. ...this didn't come up in the hearing today, but if you look at all these court documents, these 500 or so court documents that have been filed, in which agents can now look at things that were not available before the 6th, actual communications among the people that were coming -- there's lots of talk about coming to Washington to raise hell, lots of talk about beating up Antifa in the street, precious little about actually entering the Capitol, & I think it remains a big question in this investigation of exactly whose idea was it to enter the Capitol ? Was it something that just sort of organically happened on the 6th, or was there somebody who had that plan that communicated it ? And I still don't think we know the answer to that.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 pm Pete Williams today on MSNBC's MPT, reporting on FBI Director Wray's House testimony today :
...of the thousands of counter-terrorism investigations that the FBI is doing, domestic terrorism investigations, virtually none of those people that were under investigation were among those who came to the Capitol on Jan 6th. ...this didn't come up in the hearing today, but if you look at all these court documents, these 500 or so court documents that have been filed, in which agents can now look at things that were not available before the 6th, actual communications among the people that were coming -- there's lots of talk about coming to Washington to raise hell, lots of talk about beating up Antifa in the street, precious little about actually entering the Capitol, & I think it remains a big question in this investigation of exactly whose idea was it to enter the Capitol ? Was it something that just sort of organically happened on the 6th, or was there somebody who had that plan that communicated it ? And I still don't think we know the answer to that.
FBI chief calls Capitol attack domestic terrorism and rejects Trump’s fraud claims
Peter Brown

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” v

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 pm Pete Williams today on MSNBC's MPT, reporting on FBI Director Wray's House testimony today :
FBI chief calls Capitol attack domestic terrorism and rejects Trump’s fraud claims

All mobs are dangerous. Liberal mobthink is no different.

January 6 was 400 pudgy unemployed people who rightfully saw the dangers of leftism, and they unfortunately got carried away. One time event. $1.5 million in damage. No one cares if they are arrested and charged.

Compare that to the ongoing antifa violence besetting some cities in America. $2 BILLION and counting in damage. The left goes bat crazy if they are arrested.

The comparison isn’t close.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 am

January 6 was 400 pudgy unemployed people who rightfully saw the dangers of leftism, and they unfortunately got carried away. One time event. $1.5 million in damage. No one cares if they are arrested and charged.

Compare that to the ongoing antifa violence besetting some cities in America. $2 BILLION and counting in damage. The left goes bat crazy if they are arrested.

You are the one making the comparison.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Just a slight difference in attempting to overthrow a legitimate president.

The troll never ceases to amaze. With that logic Booth and Oswald were just two losers who caused a few $100 in damage to a theatre and a warehouse. BFD.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:21 pm

The troll never ceases to amaze. With that logic Booth and Oswald were just two losers who caused a few $100 in damage to a theatre and a warehouse. BFD.

Maybe if the various dozen federal protective services which are tasked with providing law and order at the capitol could’ve actually done their job that day, and stopped the mob before it got going? If that had happened, liberals wouldn’t be signing on today to their preferred fevered dream that this crew was *far more* than a sudden unemployment line mob gone wrong.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Maybe if the various dozen federal protective services which are tasked with providing law and order at the capitol could’ve actually done their job that day, and stopped the mob before it got going? If that had happened, liberals wouldn’t be signing on today to their preferred fevered dream that this crew was *far more* than a sudden unemployment line mob gone wrong.
Or, maybe we paid attention when this sort of discontent was manifest in the polity and did something other than shrug our shoulders and dismiss it as inconsequential?

Why do you suppose the "liberals" are so "inflamed"? A defect in temperament, or perhaps because something is amiss in the treatment of minorities?

Why do you suppose the "400 pudgy unemployed people" were so upset? The dangers of leftism "boogeyman", or a feeling of disenfranchisement and alienation from society brought about by the past fifty years of domestic economic policy that has led to the "hollowing out" of the middle-class? So which is it, scare tactics or cold, hard, economic reality?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Or, maybe we paid attention when this sort of discontent was manifest in the polity and did something other than shrug our shoulders and dismiss it as inconsequential?

Why do you suppose the "liberals" are so "inflamed"? A defect in temperament, or perhaps because something is amiss in the treatment of minorities?

Why do you suppose the "400 pudgy unemployed people" were so upset? The dangers of leftism "boogeyman", or a feeling of disenfranchisement and alienation from society brought about by the past fifty years of domestic economic policy that has led to the "hollowing out" of the middle-class? So which is it, scare tactics or cold, hard, economic reality?

I actually might agree with some of your post. Economic fear leads to all sorts of bad consequences. I suspect that most of the January 6 rioters are economically fragile...hence their actions.

One area where I’m perhaps not the scary conservative is I believe there should be a free national health insurance plan (not to be confused with the only option...I also think there should be private healthcare for those who want it).
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm Why do you suppose the "liberals" are so "inflamed"? A defect in temperament, or perhaps because something is amiss in the treatment of minorities?

I don't care. A mob is a mob, not matter the cause. Mob violence should not be rationalized or tolerated.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:43 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm Why do you suppose the "liberals" are so "inflamed"? A defect in temperament, or perhaps because something is amiss in the treatment of minorities?

I don't care. A mob is a mob, not matter the cause. Mob violence should not be rationalized or tolerated.
So amp up the strong-arm tactics? Crash construction program of more prisons? Is that for all "mobsters", or just some?

An ounce of prevention...

Could be we have a lack of confidence and faith in our system from both ends of the political spectrum.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

A NEW EMPHASIS ON “INFLUENCE” AND “THREATS” IN THE LATEST JANUARY 6 CONSPIRACY INDICTMENT

We all know it: Donald Trump incited this violent insurrection. The noose is gradually tightening on him as the leader of this shameful insurrection.

"My guess is that the government is going to argue that, of course, Nordean was trying to corruptly influence others to violate their legal duty to certify the electoral results. Every single militia includes at least one member who made explicit threats against Mike Pence or Nancy Pelosi, and the Proud Boys, especially, have no recourse by claiming they showed up to listen to Donald Trump, since instead of attending his speech, they were assembling a violent mob to march on the place where Mike Pence was going to enact his official duties.

The Proud Boys were there to intimidate Mike Pence and members of Congress in hopes they would fail to fulfill their duty as laid out in the Constitution. If these charges make it to trial, I think prosecutors will be able to make a very compelling argument that assembling a mob in anticipation of Pence’s official acts was designed to intimidate him corruptly.

But, if I’m right about the criminal penalties, with the Three Percenter conspiracy, the government is going one step further. This conspiracy is structured to hold each member of the conspiracy accountable for the threats of murder made by Hostetter, the threat posed by planning to be armed at the Capitol, as well as the violence of others in their networked conspiracy. And even for those who didn’t enter the Capitol but instead egged on violence from some rally stage or behind some bullhorn, this conspiracy seems to aspire to expose co-conspirators accountable to a twenty year sentence for their (unsuccessful) efforts to intimidate Mike Pence to renege on his duty."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

George Floyd was a lifelong violent criminal who was killed resisting arrest & his family was awarded close to 100 million dollars.

Ashli Babbitt served in the military with no criminal past was unarmed & killed by DC police. No public trial & no reward for the family.

If Ashli Babbitt was a black BLM protestor, the cop who shot her would have been identified immediately & all his details, address, family history, would be plastered all over media.

Cities around the world would be burning & Ashli’s funeral would be nationally televised.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 pm George Floyd was a lifelong violent criminal who was killed resisting arrest & his family was awarded close to 100 million dollars.

Ashli Babbitt served in the military with no criminal past was unarmed & killed by DC police. No public trial & no reward for the family.

If Ashli Babbitt was a black BLM protestor, the cop who shot her would have been identified immediately & all his details, address, family history, would be plastered all over media.

Cities around the world would be burning & Ashli’s funeral would be nationally televised.
... another fact free post fresh from Petey's ass. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:45 am Image

:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:27 pm George Floyd was a lifelong violent criminal who was killed resisting arrest & his family was awarded close to 100 million dollars.

... another fact free post fresh from Petey's ass. :roll:
He'd be a lot happier living in Russia.
He's already 90% there.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Ms Babbit got what she deserved. Unarmed or armed it did not matter. She tried to break into the US Capital as part of the uncontrolled mob. I have no sympathy for her at all. Did these protesters think that this storming of our Capital building was just a prank? It is damn fortunate that she was the only person the capital police took out that day.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm

Ms Babbit got what she deserved. Unarmed or armed it did not matter. She tried to break into the US Capital as part of the uncontrolled mob. I have no sympathy for her at all. Did these protesters think that this storming of our Capital building was just a prank? It is damn fortunate that she was the only person the capital police took out that day.

I’ll note that the cop who shot her has had a few unfortunate disciplinary incidents at work, sure to be revealed shortly though you can discover what I’m referring to if you hunt online a bit.

That all said, I’m not excusing Ashli above so much as drawing comparisons to highlight double standards.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm

I’ll note that the cop who shot her has had a few unfortunate disciplinary incidents at work, sure to be revealed shortly though you can discover what I’m referring to if you hunt online a bit.

That all said, I’m not excusing Ashli above so much as drawing comparisons to highlight double standards.
You are so full of chit....his name has not been disclosed. You and Tucker.

Return to “POLITICS”