The Fourth Estate and Politics

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:49 pm DON"T care about that. It's only the hypocrites.....just them.
Fixated on former players...... Tim Nelson should have scored more.....
you're right....he's barely...or rarely, in the news these days :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:01 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:49 pm DON"T care about that. It's only the hypocrites.....just them.
Fixated on former players...... Tim Nelson should have scored more.....
you're right....he's barely...or rarely, in the news these days :roll:
I know.... I am itching for more news on Nelson.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 pm Hope he wins https://apple.news/A2ui-IuE7TDSnUlytSeeIdg
Hope he loses, and trust he will reach a settlement "for an undisclosed sum" that essentially pays Dad and Mom back for the media quarterbacking bought for him when he tried to be clever and smug in a public forum, where he and others had gathered for a political purpose, and after which made statements to and appearances in the media.

Here's an excerpt from the complaint:

"“In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child.”

Not really. He decided to get on the bus to attend a pro-life/anti-choice rally. He decided to stand and not walk away from other folks engaged in the same sort of public political assembly that he was involved in. It all happened in a traditional public forum. He then used various means to address the situation and get his story -- side of the story -- out in the media. Sorry, this is the NFL and players get hurt.

Just like everyone else there that day, Mr. Sandmann could have walked away. Instead, he stuck around and participated in an event, the contours of which were more difficult to report and understand than he or the media or any of us could have imagined. It's exactly the kind of lawsuit we should all deride.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So you are happy with TWP accusing him of being a racist, are you serious?

From the article...
accusing the news organization of falsely describing him as racist and an instigator of a confrontation with a Native American man at a Washington, DC, protest.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

+1

Self-created problem and now he wants some money cuz his feelings got hurt.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm ...when he tried to be clever and smug in a public forum, where he and others had gathered for a political purpose, and after which made statements to and appearances in the media.
He deserves to be stigmatized for life for his outrageous response, after being called a school shooter, incest baby, being told to go back to Europe, then confronted by a deranged adult in his face, ...all while waiting for his school bus to return home. Or because he was wearing a MAGA hat ?
We have lost our minds.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:58 pm So you are happy with TWP accusing him of being a racist, are you serious?

From the article...
accusing the news organization of falsely describing him as racist and an instigator of a confrontation with a Native American man at a Washington, DC, protest.
Could you post the text from the article. I want to read it. Seriously.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 pm Hope he wins https://apple.news/A2ui-IuE7TDSnUlytSeeIdg
Hope he loses, and trust he will reach a settlement "for an undisclosed sum" that essentially pays Dad and Mom back for the media quarterbacking bought for him when he tried to be clever and smug in a public forum, where he and others had gathered for a political purpose, and after which made statements to and appearances in the media.

Here's an excerpt from the complaint:

"“In a span of three days in January of this year commencing on January 19, the Post engaged in a modern-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC, among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies which attacked, vilified, and threatened Nicholas Sandmann, an innocent secondary school child.”

Not really. He decided to get on the bus to attend a pro-life/anti-choice rally. He decided to stand and not walk away from other folks engaged in the same sort of public political assembly that he was involved in. It all happened in a traditional public forum. He then used various means to address the situation and get his story -- side of the story -- out in the media. Sorry, this is the NFL and players get hurt.

Just like everyone else there that day, Mr. Sandmann could have walked away. Instead, he stuck around and participated in an event, the contours of which were more difficult to report and understand than he or the media or any of us could have imagined. It's exactly the kind of lawsuit we should all deride.
The WaPo saw this 16 year old kid as an acceptable casualty in their ongoing war with Donald Trump. he was perfect. White, male at a pro life rally wearing a MAGA hat. Had to be a conservative jerk. Thats what they went with and so followed the media the entertainment industry and the blogosphere. whoops. Completely wrong as facts revealed. But apparently you still think he's reprehensible.

Could it be you still think the Duke Lacrosse team guilty.

That Tawany Brawley was defiled and covered in human excrement but two NY cops.

or that someone actually said "Hands up don't shoot."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:58 pm So you are happy with TWP accusing him of being a racist, are you serious?

From the article...
Here are the first two paragraphs. LINK HERE The Covington Catholic student seen in a viral video is suing the Washington Post for $250 million, accusing the news organization of falsely describing him as racist and an instigator of a confrontation with a Native American man at a Washington, DC, protest.

Nicholas Sandmann, 16, and his parents filed the defamation lawsuit in federal court on Tuesday, alleging in a complaint that the Post failed to verify the context of the video and, as a result, the teen has faced threats, bullying, and damage to his reputation.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

From the article...
Could you post the text from your relatives debate with the POS black israelites. Seriously.

You guys have lost your mind, regarding the slant to this fake story. Mr. Strillix video star didn't get in the face of the black, gay hating guys, now did he. Did the black, hate mongers yell hateful things towards them injuns? Yup. Anyone know the names of the black israelites? Anyone put out twatts on twitter , wanting to punch them in the face? nope.

Yet, you guys support going after a 16 year old who is in DC doing what our great country allows. Marches/protests for things YOU all don't agree with. To claim tongue inbetween butt cheeks dripping with sarcasm PRETEND faux ignorance is pathetic.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:38 pm

From the article...
Here are the first two paragraphs. LINK HERE The Covington Catholic student seen in a viral video is suing the Washington Post for $250 million, accusing the news organization of falsely describing him as racist and an instigator of a confrontation with a Native American man at a Washington, DC, protest.

Nicholas Sandmann, 16, and his parents filed the defamation lawsuit in federal court on Tuesday, alleging in a complaint that the Post failed to verify the context of the video and, as a result, the teen has faced threats, bullying, and damage to his reputation.
I hope Sandmann is suing the cross dressing repressed homo's in the Cinncinatti diocise. they sure threw their own kind under the bus. Listen up Nicholas, THEY are not your friend either.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Shooting phish in a barrell: Not ONE mention of the black israelites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... 49c2ac8734

and no bashing on this one either...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 9b86d5744a

Did you tweet about it, like thousands of others did? Such a non news worthy story, kind of like AG Lynch meeting with Clinton . Lamestream didn't cover THAT illegal meet N greet either.

carry on
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

From the article...
Jeez. Of course not. I just don't thnk Sandmann and his parents have a lawsuit to bring here. He got in the mix; he did it deliberately. When you inject yourself into public discourse, the results can be tough. And here there were consequences. Read what I said; that's what I think. I didn't post about Tawana Brawley or the Duke lacrosse team or Galileo.

The lawsuit is against the Washington Post. If you have the URL, I'd like to see where the Post "called him a school shooter, incest baby" or told him to "go back to Europe."

You law and order, super self-reliant, go it alone tough guys.....
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:40 pm

From the article...
Could you post the text from your relatives debate with the POS black israelites. Seriously.

You guys have lost your mind, regarding the slant to this fake story. Mr. Strillix video star didn't get in the face of the black, gay hating guys, now did he. Did the black, hate mongers yell hateful things towards them injuns? Yup. Anyone know the names of the black israelites? Anyone put out twatts on twitter , wanting to punch them in the face? nope.

Yet, you guys support going after a 16 year old who is in DC doing what our great country allows. Marches/protests for things YOU all don't agree with. To claim tongue inbetween butt cheeks dripping with sarcasm PRETEND faux ignorance is pathetic.
I am not arguing about how the article was received. It was implied or inferred that the kid was racist. I am wondering how much merit the suit will have in court if the charge is "the post called him racist". Other than my encounter with those clowns in Time Square, you are more interested in "Black Israelites" than I am.... I can guarantee you that.... I am assuming you don't have a link. Anyone else can supply it or I can do what I normally do and look it up myself but I got "lazy". :lol:

EDIT: I "caint" get over the pay wall for the post.... Just copy and paste the paragraph where the post called the kid racist,,,,The writer feller may very well have. I have no skin in the game.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:38 pm

From the article...

I hope Sandmann is suing the cross dressing repressed homo's in the Cinncinatti diocise. they sure threw their own kind under the bus. Listen up Nicholas, THEY are not your friend either.
I don’t see the link to the paragraph where the post called him a racist? Is there another source to the post?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm

From the article...

I am not arguing about how the article was received. It was implied or inferred that the kid was racist. I am wondering how much merit the suit will have in court if the charge is "the post called him racist". Other than my encounter with those clowns in Time Square, you are more interested in "Black Israelites" than I am.... I can guarantee you that.... I am assuming you don't have a link. Anyone else can supply it or I can do what I normally do and look it up myself but I got "lazy". :lol:

EDIT: I "caint" get over the pay wall for the post.... Just copy and paste the paragraph where the post called the kid racist,,,,The writer feller may very well have. I have no skin in the game.
Plenty of evidence that many, many people wanted to do physical harm to Nicholas ......which, of course, was how the article was "received". Death threats are A ok with you guys....unless, of course, it's 'still can't find a Montgomery Cty. police station to file a report. dr. Ford...and her need for a go fund me page.

tRump is bashed, mostly rightfully, for language that incites hate and violence. That he actually causes it. Yet, when the lamestream infotainment publishes context cut edited videos and mythological myopic story telling (pen mitier than the sword stuff ), you suddenly become a mental mr. magoo?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm

From the article...

Plenty of evidence that many, many people wanted to do physical harm to Nicholas ......which, of course, was how the article was "received". Death threats are A ok with you guys....unless, of course, it's 'still can't find a Montgomery Cty. police station to file a report. dr. Ford...and her need for a go fund me page.

tRump is bashed, mostly rightfully, for language that incites hate and violence. That he actually causes it. Yet, when the lamestream infotainment publishes context cut edited videos and mythological myopic story telling (pen mitier than the sword stuff ), you suddenly become a mental mr. magoo?
I just asked a simple question....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

More controlling the narrative that lamestream media wants to permeate. Why wasn't this story on Fox news? Or etc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.4986016

Same injun that went after a 16 year old instead of the black guys actually laughing at the natives 3 sides to every story.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm

From the article...

I just asked a simple question....
https://gellerreport.com/2019/01/snl-bl ... ings.html/ Does this bother you TLD? This woman wants to give out favors to anybody that will punch this young 16 year old in the face. Does this cross YOUR line of people going too far? :roll: Too bad the link won't come up. She is willing to give out a Lewinsky to any body that will punch this young lad in the face. Is that how the new age FLP folks roll? You FLP folks now encourage violence and condone the use of sexual favors to achieve physical harm to be done upon a 16 year old schoolboy. Here is your opportunity to repudiate the disgusting and vile elements that reside among the FLP fringes. I hope you take a bold stance and not try to spin some sheep dip on everybody on this forum.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Just got an email with this news update, from the nytimes, washpost, boston herald, tampa, la times, diamondback, sun, telegraph, fox, cnn, msnbc..........sorry, but I lie.

Jussie smollett....it's official.......he is a suspect, grand jury to hear testimony on wheather to arrest him for filing a false report......

Rachell and Anderson will have guests, discussing it.

Return to “POLITICS”