Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
44WeWantMore

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Old Salt employs a new strategy to gain the page count lead:
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=259008#p259008
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 am Old Salt employs a new strategy to gain the page count lead:
i'd say it's an impressive game plan. also one that in a few years, if he's consistent, will be insurmountable for hopkins fans year to year.
he's a visionary.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

At current rates we’ll still pass them before the season even starts.

Here’s maybe something to get us going: Word is Reinson and DeSo are coming back. Maybe one or two others. I don’t think it’ll be more than four. Reinson I am fairly certain about.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

aside from Syracuse I can't think of a more punch yourself in the face final four group for Hopkins. The exclamation point to what will forever be known as anus horribilis cyanocitta cristata. I'm thinking shots for breakfast and a drinking game for the forthcoming outpouring of man love the espn boys are going to have for the acc and testudo today. One of these years duke might actually have a season where it wins solely with a roster of men whose college careers consist of the 4 years they've spent on campus.
lacrosse bucket says the women's 5 percent scholarship hit is for both this year and next year and mens 2 percent is only this year. Nice $100k savings for the athletic department minus the $5k they owe.
there was a note in the paper that the man brody succeeded as university President died. Daniels has to be on a very short list of Hopkins leaders who've never had a lacrosse title on their term.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:55 am
44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:28 am Old Salt employs a new strategy to gain the page count lead:
i'd say it's an impressive game plan. also one that in a few years, if he's consistent, will be insurmountable for hopkins fans year to year.
he's a visionary.
Both of you are wrong. HU34 has been doing this for years, back in LP days.

I checked into it on LP, which prided itself on certain standards, how threads should be, etc.

So, why was Hofstra allowed to just change the thread title each year and no other school was?

According to the B-word himself, HU34 had earned it.

Huh?

That’s another example of how that place played favorites.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Baskin and Shilling are in the transfer portal: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ears/58004

Keogh is the third one I've been told is returning for us. Reinson, DeSo, Keogh. As of now I don't believe that anyone else is but that's unconfirmed
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:56 am Baskin and Shilling are in the transfer portal: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ears/58004

Keogh is the third one I've been told is returning for us. Reinson, DeSo, Keogh. As of now I don't believe that anyone else is but that's unconfirmed
Farewell and thanks to Baskin and Shilling.

Glad to hear Reinson, DeSimone, and Keogh are returning. Any word on Delaney?

Blue Jays will have a talented group of players returning next season.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:16 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:56 am Baskin and Shilling are in the transfer portal: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ears/58004

DocBarrister
Even if he wanted to play lacrosse next year, Delaney would miss all of fall ball, all of preseason, and then the first month of the season because of basketball. D3 bball season typically goes into late February/early March. I don't know that it'd be feasible for him to then turn around and join the lacrosse team mid-season. Not saying it's impossible but it seems like a bit of a stretch.

The plan is for Fernandez to step in and contribute at LSM but given the uncertainty around returning from injury, LSM might be a spot for the staff to take a peak at the portal. The Dartmouth kid is pretty good, as is the Rock kid from UVA, although there may be off-field questions given his suspension from the Hoos. Don't know the story behind that. Otherwise you're looking at Deans, maybe Smith/Todaro/one of the other incoming freshmen, or perhaps one of Szuluk or McManus bumps up to LSM permanently after rotating there this season.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:23 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:16 am

DocBarrister
Even if he wanted to play lacrosse next year, Delaney would miss all of fall ball, all of preseason, and then the first month of the season because of basketball. D3 bball season typically goes into late February/early March. I don't know that it'd be feasible for him to then turn around and join the lacrosse team mid-season. Not saying it's impossible but it seems like a bit of a stretch.

The plan is for Fernandez to step in and contribute at LSM but given the uncertainty around returning from injury, LSM might be a spot for the staff to take a peak at the portal. The Dartmouth kid is pretty good, as is the Rock kid from UVA, although there may be off-field questions given his suspension from the Hoos. Don't know the story behind that. Otherwise you're looking at Deans, maybe Smith/Todaro/one of the other incoming freshmen, or perhaps one of Szuluk or McManus bumps up to LSM permanently after rotating there this season.
Would be great to have Delaney back, but I think we'll be OK. Fernandez is great off the ground and in transition, but don't really remember him as a cover guy. Whoever it is, I would think that with Reinson back, we can find another competent pole to complement Reinson, Szuluk, Fernandez and McManus. I've said it before, but I think Reinson is AA quality. The shorties should improve with a year of experience (though maybe they give Jaronski a pole back?). Getting DeSo back is a huge win for the team too. Keogh seems to have been snake-bitten his whole career, but is obviously very talented and so maybe next year he has a little better luck.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Petro is looking refreshed, maybe possibly,

ready for another head coaching job.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Looks like Barry Melrose.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:59 pm Looks like Barry Melrose.
Well for his sake, I hope he has a better chance than Melrose did of getting a coaching job.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

if the ACC returns to the schedule in 2022, clearing is going to need to be elite if we're going to be competitive in those games. UVA, UNC don't mess around.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

is there a vegas line on whether quint posts bensons record as an assistant vs duke along w/the combined score?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Welp we certainly put up a much better fight against Maryland than Duke is currently
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:59 pm Looks like Barry Melrose.
+1 - no mullet though. He had a pretty damn good one in his playing days though.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Petro looked good and much healthier than when he left last spring. I have no idea of true but it sure looks like the time away was exactly what he needed.
viho

Post by viho »

Interesting to watch former Hopkins OC Benson get the credit for Maryland's offensive prowess.
He was maligned here by Hop faithful for years.
At this rate he might get a HC job before his former boss.(yeah, sarcasm just incase you're not sure.)
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

viho wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:22 pm Interesting to watch former Hopkins OC Benson get the credit for Maryland's offensive prowess.
He was maligned here by Hop faithful for years.
At this rate he might get a HC job before his former boss.(yeah, sarcasm just incase you're not sure.)
Not sure "maligned by Hop faithful" is entirely accurate but I digress. Who is giving him the credit for Maryland's offense? He has done a great job to step in on very short notice and sprinkle in some of his schemes over the course of the season, but the biggest accomplishment was just not f*cking things up (he's admitted as much in multiple interviews). It's pretty clear the offense was already a well-oiled machine. Bernhardt is a transcendent talent. It will be interesting to see what Bobby can do with that group sans Bernhardt next year assuming he stays on as OC. I'm happy for him.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

when was the last time benson beat duke? as a player?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”