SAA 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthernLaxGenius

Re: SAA 2020

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Congrats to Centre on being first in the NCAA Tournament.

Great to see the progression of the program over the past 5 years.

Next stop, ODAC champ? Play In Game? :?:
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:44 pm Congrats to Centre on being first in the NCAA Tournament.

Great to see the progression of the program over the past 5 years.

Next stop, ODAC champ? Play In Game? :?:
Respect the user name SLG. Worth a chuckle
SouthernLaxGenius

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 pm
Respect the user name SLG. Worth a chuckle
LOL thank you.

Genius in my own mind. :D

Almost forgot to link this:

https://saa-sports.com/news/2021/4/26/h ... wards.aspx

Centre well represented 8-)
Dub

Post by Dub »

Congrats to Centre for sure. Undefeated in conference is certainly not an easy feat. Watched them play both Rhodes games and both Berry games this year - and they are well coached, well rounded, solid and play hard, but not dirty. Can't complain with any of that.

Rooting for them in the tourney!
SouthernLaxGenius

Dub wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:59 pm Congrats to Centre for sure. Undefeated in conference is certainly not an easy feat. Watched them play both Rhodes games and both Berry games this year - and they are well coached, well rounded, solid and play hard, but not dirty. Can't complain with any of that.

Rooting for them in the tourney!
+1
JunkD

Post by JunkD »

What a game! Centre beats Denison 12-11 in Danville. I hope I have the score right, as the video feed was glitching badly and big Red mounted a furious fourth quarter comeback after having been down by as many as six in the second half. Fantastic job by the Centre goalie and, for most of the game, its short-stick middies in keeping Denison's high-powered offense relatively in check. On to face Colorado College tomorrow, who beat Transylvania 20-12.
SouthernLaxGenius

JunkD wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm What a game! Centre beats Denison 12-11 in Danville. I hope I have the score right, as the video feed was glitching badly and big Red mounted a furious fourth quarter comeback after having been down by as many as six in the second half. Fantastic job by the Centre goalie and, for most of the game, its short-stick middies in keeping Denison's high-powered offense relatively in check. On to face Colorado College tomorrow, who beat Transylvania 20-12.
Wish I had the old school, lax power, clapping emoji.

Well done gentlemen 8-)
ergit

Post by ergit »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:10 pm
JunkD wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm What a game! Centre beats Denison 12-11 in Danville. I hope I have the score right, as the video feed was glitching badly and big Red mounted a furious fourth quarter comeback after having been down by as many as six in the second half. Fantastic job by the Centre goalie and, for most of the game, its short-stick middies in keeping Denison's high-powered offense relatively in check. On to face Colorado College tomorrow, who beat Transylvania 20-12.
Wish I had the old school, lax power, clapping emoji.

Well done gentlemen 8-)
+1
DavyCr0cket

Post by DavyCr0cket »

Hats off to Centre. The SAA continues to send stronger representation to NCAA's each year. Love to see it. Good luck against CC tomorrow boys, will be rooting for you.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DavyCr0cket wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:50 pm Hats off to Centre. The SAA continues to send stronger representation to NCAA's each year. Love to see it. Good luck against CC tomorrow boys, will be rooting for you.
Yea Congratulations to Centre. Great job .... big win! I’ve said it on this thread before and it’s worth repeating, Centre made a GREAT hire in Coach Zimmerman. Good luck the rest of the way!
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Nosey Ned wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:55 pm
DavyCr0cket wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:50 pm Hats off to Centre. The SAA continues to send stronger representation to NCAA's each year. Love to see it. Good luck against CC tomorrow boys, will be rooting for you.
Yea Congratulations to Centre. Great job .... big win! I’ve said it on this thread before and it’s worth repeating, Centre made a GREAT hire in Coach Zimmerman. Good luck the rest of the way!
Always a class act Ned
JunkD

Post by JunkD »

Congratulations to Colorado College. They took advantage of Centre turnovers to jump on the Colonels right away and never looked back. They were clearly the superior team today, and well deserving of moving on in the tournament. But congratulations also to Coach Z and boys for a season they'll never forget, including a storied win over Denison that is hopefully a building block to developing a nationally competitive program.
SouthernLaxGenius

JunkD wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:35 pm Congratulations to Colorado College. They took advantage of Centre turnovers to jump on the Colonels right away and never looked back. They were clearly the superior team today, and well deserving of moving on in the tournament. But congratulations also to Coach Z and boys for a season they'll never forget, including a storied win over Denison that is hopefully a building block to developing a nationally competitive program.

Amen.

They will be back and have moved to the top of (a very competitive) SAA.

The future is bright in Danville 8-)
saltlaxcity

Post by saltlaxcity »

What a run for Centre. That team should be super proud of what they accomplished.

I can't be the only one thinking..with Caravana retiring at Denison, will we see Coach Zimmerman return to Granville?
SouthernLaxGenius

https://centrecolonels.com/news/2021/5/ ... onors.aspx

Great job gentlemen.

Well deserved recognition for McCutcheon and Shannon. :D
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
nptlax40

Post by nptlax40 »

So with the SAA season about to start up, wanted to get a dicussion going..

Is it Centre's again? They seemed to have the most depth last year. Do they repeat? Go further in the NCAA?

Does Berry, Rhodes, BSC make a push?

I personally think Sewanee could REALLY shake things up. A year off, new staff, hungry.

Hendrix and Oglethorpe have new coaches late, but we saw make Hendrix make small moves last year but unable to get over that hump. Can they do it with a new Coach?

Figured I would get the ball rolling..love seeing the USA-South and SAA continue to grow and put together some good programs. Only best for the sport!
JunkD

Post by JunkD »

Centre had their first scrimmage today against local NAIA power Cumberland. The news of the spring is that the team will be without their all-SAA goalie, who apparently decided to step away from the game. Although that is clearly a major loss, they do have depth at the position to include a talented freshman. Another hole to fill is the graduation of Jack Shannon, their terrific two-way middie and established team leader. It will be interesting to see who steps up and fills that void, as well as who among a bevy of gifted newcomers get significant playing time. But with those two critical losses, it seems likely there will be some growing pains for the talented young Colonels as the spring campaign gets underway.
droliver

Post by droliver »

An experienced BSC team crushed an overmatched Lagrange 23-2. Newcomers Memphis football transfer midfielder Raymond Frachia had 7 pts and transfer Will John's (FOGO) appear to be big upgrades. 2020 SAA points leader when the COVID season ended, Carter Macalpin is also back directing the offense after missing 2021. They are going to cause a lot of people problems if they can stay healthy.

If they show they can handle a solid Southwestern (TX) team next Sunday at home following impressive scrimmage performances against D2 Montevallo and UAH last weekend (whom both beat Rhodes the same day) I'd take that as a sign they're a legit contender in SAA play this year
JunkD

Post by JunkD »

A young Centre squad beat a similarly inexperienced Wittenberg team 17-13 indoors in Springfield. The Colonels led 7-1 at the end of the first quarter and 12-5 at the half. The Centre ride repeatedly turned over Wittenberg in the first half, fueling repeated opportunities for what looks to be a potentially dynamic offense. Junior Will Hubbs and freshman David Caldwell scored five goals each during the game, and sophomore Dylan Croft won 17 of 22 faceoffs. What looked like a runaway victory became unexpectedly tight in the second half, in part because Centre's backup freshman keeper -- starting in place of another freshman -- had one of those days. Kudos to Wittenberg for not folding in the face of a withering early assault. Next up for Centre is Elmhurst at home next Saturday.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”