Northeast Conference

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Northeast Conference

Post by 10stone5 »

Holy heck !

Saint Joe’s with 20 freshmen in this incoming class.

http://www.sjuhawks.com/SportSelect.dbm ... SID=820910

College Crosse list with any NEC team links to rosters already posted, any posted schedules, I think Sacred Heart’s roster is up, and links to all team assessments.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/8/29 ... -ncaa-mcla
oldbartman

Re: Northeast Conference

Post by oldbartman »

St. Joe's graduated a lot and Bryant had key players (Massa) graduate as well. RMU & SHU have some top quality players. Mt. St. Mary's players are coming into their own. Wagner graduated a couple of their top scorers. My Statesmen need to turn around last year's disaster. A complete re-evaluation of the the offense and D are needed. Basically, it's anyone's to take this season as there is a lot more parity due to graduation and development of underclassmen. Can't wait for the season!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bart’s roster up now.
17 first years !
Bluewhitex2

Post by Bluewhitex2 »

Mount St Mary's off to an auspicious start to the fall... Coach McIntee leaves for Hofstra. A shame as he was integral to the little bit of success they had. Where do they go now? :(
fastgame1

Post by fastgame1 »

Wagner looking for a new head coach:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tate/53115
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bryant signs 4 star defenseman Jones, 2019.
NLI signing.

http://www.lacrossebucketblog.com/2018/ ... p.html?m=1
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Decent start for NEC teams.
Hobart averaging over 20 goals in 1st two games.
RMU having a rough start, I suspect with Jimmy Perkins matriculating to Utah thats going to have an impact, though I’ll let RoMoRooter comment on that assuming he made it over to FanLax.

I’ll comment a little on the Hawks.
I think the suspicion was they would fall back from last year’s near NCAA bid.
But they wiped out a CAA team, albeit what looks like not a very good one.
Still, 16 freshman on the roster.
I’ll highlight Zach Cole, freshman out of Lenape, large, so far 40/51 (0.784) while also contributing 3g & 2a.
Here was NJ.com’s assessment of Cole’s senior season.
“Player of the Year: Zach Cole, Lenape, Sr.
There might not be a single player in the state that did more for his team than Cole did this season for Lenape.”
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

A lot of great high scoring tight games.
This one may have been one of the best.

SHU outscored Providence 11-6 in the 2nd half to pull off a 17-16 win.

SHU put up 17 on Tate Boyce one game after he had 27 saves against St. Joe’s. Joe Saggese continues to have an All American season.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Binghamton goalies had 23 saves against Hobart today. Just gave up 16 as well. On 66 shots....
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone got any info on what happened to Bryant in their loss to Manhattan?
See Martin, Malcolm
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mount St. Mary's has officially clinched a berth into the 2019 NEC Tournament.

Wagner has officially been eliminated from tournament contention. Even if they win out, the best case scenario for them is a 4-way tie for 4th at 2-4 between them, Bryant, RMU, and SJU. Wagner comes out on the wrong side of the tiebreakers, as they would be 1-2 against the rest of that group.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

First of all.
It really looks like this will come down to Mount Saint Mary’s and Hobart.

Second, just wanted to call out Sacred Heart and the two graduating All American seniors. From a 2 and 14 team, to a team that is capable of playing with just about anybody.

I first started following Sacred Heart because a local kid was recruited, which was really unusual then, and did very well but ended up transferring to Arizona, Jerome Rigor.

The program took a step back the following year, but also added Joe Saggese and Max Tuttle. Saggese was a pretty big recruit at Drexel, I had followed Saggese because Saggese and Brian Willets had had a real good run at Smithtown East. But Saggese must have thought the Drexel coaches were favoring another attack man and I’m thinking, he did not want to sit, so he transferred.

The story with Tuttle is, how did Denver not recruit him, he played right out of Castle Rock ?

Both these players will likely make All American and both almost certainly will surpass 200 career points.

Just yet another story illustrating the good development of the NEC as a league.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wasn’t Myashita a HC at a CO HS before being assistant at SHU (now HC at canisius)? I thought that was the case and assumed that’s where ethe mountain and west coast presence came from.
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bart playing real well in 2nd half - as the announcers mentioned, good ball movement.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Its looking like—
1 seed Hobart (10-3) (4-1)
2 Mount Saint Mary's (8-6) (4-1)
3 Sacred Heart (8-5) (3-2)
4 Saint Joseph's (7-6) (4-1)

Except for, St. Joe’s pulling the upset on Mount Saint Mary’s.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

If Hobart and MSM lose next week, the NEC would have 5 teams tied at 4-2. As a Statesman alum , I hope this scenario does NOT happen , but if it does, anyone know the tiebreakers for hosting and determining final four tourney participants? My research of the NEC site shows that every tied team will not be able to break the tie based on published tie breakers. The tiebreaker for hosting is fewest goals allowed against those tied , which Hobart and MSM are low with 47 each through April 19. Perhaps they would rank the teams based on fewest goals allowed...again, hope this doesn't happen but it is certainly possible.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Nice article on the possible post season tournament seedings: http://northeastconference.org/news/201 ... 22_19.aspx
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I could not disagree - a different track - on any of the player of the week selections, that’s what I observed last weekend.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Congratulations to The Mount for winning the 2019 NEC Regular Season Championship. Looking forward to the tournament. Beware of RMU in the first round, they never give up. This should be three nail biters if the season games were any indication.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 am First of all.
It really looks like this will come down to Mount Saint Mary’s and Hobart.

Second, just wanted to call out Sacred Heart and the two graduating All American seniors. From a 2 and 14 team, to a team that is capable of playing with just about anybody.

I first started following Sacred Heart because a local kid was recruited, which was really unusual then, and did very well but ended up transferring to Arizona, Jerome Rigor.

The program took a step back the following year, but also added Joe Saggese and Max Tuttle. Saggese was a pretty big recruit at Drexel, I had followed Saggese because Saggese and Brian Willets had had a real good run at Smithtown East. But Saggese must have thought the Drexel coaches were favoring another attack man and I’m thinking, he did not want to sit, so he transferred.

The story with Tuttle is, how did Denver not recruit him, he played right out of Castle Rock ?

Both these players will likely make All American and both almost certainly will surpass 200 career points.

Just yet another story illustrating the good development of the NEC as a league.
This guy was right on / got that preseason prediction right. Should be a very competitive tournament. Could see any of the four teams getting the bid, but hoping Hobart makes a run as they really should have captured the regular season title, but choked it away.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”