Hobart 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxgunea

Re: Hobart 2021

Post by Laxgunea »

Talked to a friend on campus who knows some players. He says they benefitted from the LIU game as a wake up call. There is a feeling that they are still rusty on game day, but the last few weeks of practice have been really good. Some are hoping for breakout games at any moment.
Wish fans were allowed.
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

Where’s Jason Knox?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

PDSlax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:16 pm Where’s Jason Knox?
I saw him on the sideline. Maybe he got benched for at least the first half after mouthing off to a ref v Bryant and drawing a late flag and Coach Raymond's disfavor.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So now only some of our goals count?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

I;ve seen mediocre high schools with better fundamentals than us today
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

I can not f***ing believe our stick work today . . . an OT faceoff win and we can't pick up the ball? WIDE OPEN?
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

If we lose, it is because we handed to them. We are the better team. They are the team that played better. This should be a 5 point win. Disappointing performance in second half.
PDSlax

Post by PDSlax »

That was hard to watch.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

If you play badly, you lose.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Holtby should sue for child support . . .

First time I can say we THREW AWAY A GAME . . . again and againa and again. Monday practice should be anyone who drops a ball does a mile on the track.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:08 pm If you play badly, you lose.
The question is, how bad are we? I‘d say we‘re pretty darn bad. Total choke job.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

One of the worst chokes I've ever watched in any game!! We can't throw and catch, let alone clear the ball.. Holtby and Blanchard did their jobs. We play the next 3 games like this we'll be watching the conference playoffs. To many times simple passes became nightmares. What the heck is with this team. The offense devolved into 5 guys waiting for the other guy to figure out he doesn't have a shot. Just plain CRAP lacrosse in the 2nd half. St. Joes deserved the W. They worked harder. I don't think we would have won the game even with Knox in. Wagner next. Lets hope throwing and catching, picking up GBs and clearing are taught this week in practice. Lord knows we didn't see any in the 2nd half. Give Hobart a 3 goal lead, and they will cough it up.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Not naming any names, but there are a few players on the team I would just bench for a while and let them think about it. No tolerance for poor play. Too bad if this means benching everyone except for a precious few. What‘s with basic passing and catching?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Our shooting % sucks!!... That's not what lost this game. A complete lack of jv fundamentals is what cost them. This team does not know how to play a solid Q3 or how to finish off an opponent. "Oh... we we're up by 5? Here.... take the W"
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

The fundamentals have been awful all year
Unforced errors
It’s like watching bad HS lax
Not even bad D3 lax
Not being able to throw or catch at this level is unacceptable
Also shows lack of desire
Hard work anyone can learn to throw or catch
Offense is even less imaginative than it was under pistol Pete
Clearing is a joke
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

catchnshoot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 pm The fundamentals have been awful all year
Unforced errors
It’s like watching bad HS lax
Not even bad D3 lax
Not being able to throw or catch at this level is unacceptable
Also shows lack of desire
Hard work anyone can learn to throw or catch
Offense is even less imaginative than it was under pistol Pete
Clearing is a joke
Yes !!! They have to want it more! Knowing you have talent, then not executing/using it is a waste. I feel bad for Holtby having shooters let loose from 3 yards out. No chance. Even when he did make a save (54% today) the D threw it away on clearing attempts. Sad to say we finally got to see a healthy Drew Blanchard and what he can do against one of the best FOGOs in the country. Seems like LIU and SJU have figured out that if you pressure our clearing game, you're bound to get a bunch of turnovers.
What happened to the offense we saw in Q2? Ball movement looked good. Madonna had his season breakout game. Then people stated running into double & triple teams. Trying to get a shot off when it wasn't there. Even tripping over their own feet while trying to dodge. What is it about this team that they seem to forget how to adapt and finish teams off?
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

A couple of small points. The sorry care of fundamentals... sloppy play, turnovers, the clearing adventure, poor EMO"s, to me comes down to coaching. Its' also interesting that all the teams in the NEC have played at least 8 games. don't know if that would make a difference but why have we only played 5.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

LRoggy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:10 pm Holtby should sue for child support . . .

First time I can say we THREW AWAY A GAME . . . again and againa and again. Monday practice should be anyone who drops a ball does a mile on the track.
Right............

....how does running improve stick skills?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 pm
LRoggy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:10 pm Holtby should sue for child support . . .

Right............

....how does running improve stick skills?
Easy... You don't focus on throwing and catching.... you run until you can do what you should be able to do at the D I level. Focus and quick, clear thinking were lacking today.
Last edited by oldbartman on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

As an SJU fan I agree with most of your observations
Holtby was very good again today
SJU got some great looks late and he made some great stops
If someone offered you 50% at the X before the game you all would have signed up for that.
Fundamentals and clearing Hobart’s biggest issues. Is that correctable at this stage or just who you are??
We’ll find out. The soft part of your NEC schedule is left to correct those things.
Hobart is not in a bad spot
SJU was equally bad in Q2 as Hobart was in Q4.
Always thought it would be a close game. They always are it seems
Your announcer is an all time homer. Not necessarily a bad thing

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”