B1G production values.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Turtles Lax

B1G production values.

Post by Turtles Lax »

Visual, with multiple cameras, angles, replays are generally good.

Commentators? Not so much...with the notable exception of Sheehan Stanwick Burch.

TL began watching the replay of yesterday’s Maryland/Rutgers match but soon turned the sound OFF.

Why? The nitwit male commentator thinks Terp 22 and Terp 1 are sisters! :roll:

And his similarly boneheaded female counterpart (a former Terp) did nothing to correct him.

Awful.

Peace, out.

TL

Note: Game comments and fan experience observations will be reported in the ‘University of Maryland Terrapins’ thread a bit later...hopefully today.

tl
Cletus

Re: B1G production values.

Post by Cletus »

Picky, picky, picky TL. Mark Dixon is a very capable play-by-play guy and I welcome any new female color commentators. It’s good for the women’s game which is expanding all the time and needs new blood. The mistake about the Griffin’s was inconsequential at best. You turned the sound off and missed the pristine, excellent field mics that caught so much of what the players and coaches were shouting from the sidelines and on the field.
Turtles Lax

Post by Turtles Lax »

Oh, dear! :roll:

Dixon just announced ‘Rutgers is matriculating up the field’ shorty after Connor announced ‘Rutgers is playing a defensive style of defense.’ :o

They were awful.

No difficulties is hearing players and coaches; was there. Sole benefit of extremely limited numbers of fans allowed.

TL
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

My personal fav from tweedle dee and tweedle dum was the crease roll goal with dangerous follow through that was called back. They repeatedly said "she stepped in the crease" even as the card was shown and the replay clearly showed stick contact to the head. It went on and on and on. Geez, guys.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Turtles Lax wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 am The nitwit male commentator thinks Terp 22 and Terp 1 are sisters! :roll:
+1. Had the exact same reaction. Was waiting for him, or his partner, or the production crew to make a correction. Never happened.

I am required by my FanLax user agreement to agree with TL at least once a calendar quarter. This could be it until the summer.
Turtles Lax

Yep!

Post by Turtles Lax »

Spot on. You are correct.

TL
watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 am My personal fav from tweedle dee and tweedle dum was the crease roll goal with dangerous follow through that was called back. They repeatedly said "she stepped in the crease" even as the card was shown and the replay clearly showed stick contact to the head. It went on and on and on. Geez, guys.
Turtles Lax

Cool.

Post by Turtles Lax »

njbill wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 am
Turtles Lax wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 am The nitwit male commentator thinks Terp 22 and Terp 1 are sisters! :roll:
+1. Had the exact same reaction. Was waiting for him, or his partner, or the production crew to make a correction. Never happened.

I am required by my FanLax user agreement to agree with TL at least once a calendar quarter. This could be it until the summer.
Turtles Lax

Cool.

Post by Turtles Lax »

TL is honored.

Gracias!

TL
njbill wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 am

Cletus

Post by Cletus »

All nit-picky stuff. Earlier this season BTN+ was streaming games with a single camera angle, no announcers, barely a turned-down-low field mic, no score/time on-screen banner, no replays, no nuthin—just the poor quality of the video.

Count yer blessings, gents, and quit yer belly-achin’
njbill

Post by njbill »

Turtles Lax wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:28 am Dixon just announced ‘Rutgers is matriculating up the field’
II missed that. Maybe he is a Hank Stram fan.

My favorite thing that was picked up on the field mikes was older sister Catie hollering at younger sister Libby to reposition herself to (as I recall) be a back up on a free position.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Turtles Lax wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:28 am Oh, dear! :roll:

Dixon just announced ‘Rutgers is matriculating up the field’ shorty after Connor announced ‘Rutgers is playing a defensive style of defense.’ :o

They were awful.

No difficulties is hearing players and coaches; was there. Sole benefit of extremely limited numbers of fans allowed.

TL
Definition of matriculate
transitive verb

: to enroll as a member of a body and especially of a college or university
intransitive verb

: to be enrolled at a college or university
e.g., She matriculated at the state university.

I usually like Dixon, but this misuse of matriculate is a regular thing. Proceed up the field? Move up the field? Head up the field? Moving the ball into the offensive zone?
LuvLax

Post by LuvLax »

As njbill pointed out it all started with Hank Stram in The Super Bowl. Now sportscasters across the country use the term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnPr1R_QlTM

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”