Queens 9, Limestone 8

D2 Womens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Queens 9, Limestone 8

Post by RedFromMI »

Great game in Gaffney - Limestone closed to within one near the end and had possession in the last minute with chances to tie and send this one to overtime.

Both teams quite aggressive on D, with a few cards issued, but there were no significant injuries as far as I could tell.

Certainly implications for the NCAA tourney, as Queens gets a needed win after getting shellacked early by Indy 15-5. Limestone takes their first loss, but showed they should be ranked similar to Queens and not relegated to the second 10...

I suspect they will be meeting again in the SAC finals...

With only three from the South region getting into the tourney selection might be tough - I at this point expect Florida Southern to be highly rated as long as they keep winning over their SSC foes (all games within conference only I think), and Belmont Abbey and Mount Olive in Conference Carolinas each have one loss and might well take more (including BA vs Limestone coming up plus the conference tourney). I don't think the GSC teams (best one Lee at 7-2) have a chance at this time...
Bart

Re: Queens 9, Limestone 8

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am Great game in Gaffney - Limestone closed to within one near the end and had possession in the last minute with chances to tie and send this one to overtime.

Both teams quite aggressive on D, with a few cards issued, but there were no significant injuries as far as I could tell.

Certainly implications for the NCAA tourney, as Queens gets a needed win after getting shellacked early by Indy 15-5. Limestone takes their first loss, but showed they should be ranked similar to Queens and not relegated to the second 10...

I suspect they will be meeting again in the SAC finals...

With only three from the South region getting into the tourney selection might be tough - I at this point expect Florida Southern to be highly rated as long as they keep winning over their SSC foes (all games within conference only I think), and Belmont Abbey and Mount Olive in Conference Carolinas each have one loss and might well take more (including BA vs Limestone coming up plus the conference tourney). I don't think the GSC teams (best one Lee at 7-2) have a chance at this time...
So you think the SSC gets two? That's kind of how it looks
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Limestone was undefeated before this game but... Their wins are far from impressive. http://app.lummys.com/team/2377/2021
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 pm Limestone was undefeated before this game but... Their wins are far from impressive. http://app.lummys.com/team/2377/2021
They have Belmont Abbey Tuesday evening, and likely will see Queens again in the SAC championship game. I think Stone needs both as wins to get in.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”