All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:49 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:46 am https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/cbd-was ... 19-03-2021

“Smoke up, Johnny.”
If it kills covid - just imagine what else it could be killing. ;)
Not really “killing”.

“Measured together with its metabolite 7-OH-CBD, cannabidiol (CBD) inhibited the expression of certain genes within the viral cells, and reversed changes in gene expression within the lung cells resulting from the presence of COVID-19—in other words it had both a protective and a therapeutic role.”
Sorry, the winking emoji was just being silly. Kind of like by granfather telling me "if water rusts pipes, just imagine what it does to your insides" or the scariest when you are kid, "if you swallow a watermelon seed it will grow inside your belly". :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Over the next week we will see the report of the WHO on the origin of the COVID causing virus. The Guardian gives a preview. Also American researchers yesterday published a paper that strongly confirms the origin of the virus was Hubei province in China. The origin was unlikely to be Wuhan (in eastern Hubei). British virologists a year ago making use of virus index clock inference claimed the virus originated in western Hubei, a couple hundred kilometers to the west of Wuhan. The new American study also concludes that once a dangerous transmissible virus is produced in the wild (most likely rural area), humanity has a very very short window in which to interdict it, a matter of a week to a few weeks at most. By the time humanity even knows of its existence (will generally be discovered in an urban area), there is likely little to no chance of limiting its spread (due to incubation period).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 am Germany's Third Wave
Hmmmm...so blood clotting IS a real adverse effect of getting one of the EU vaxx's . Your link strongly supports this.

Could have sworn we all read yesterday that there are NO harmful effects from getting a NEW, hardly tested, covid vaxx. NONE.

guess that opinion isn't factual......after all.

Any Giving Pledge members from the EU area?

What is going on in Indonesia ? New Zealand still lying about they having NO covid cases? Like Provincetown, MA ?
... far from clear. All EU countries but for France now (yesterday) seem to have come out with statements that the AZ vax benefits outweigh the risks and have released the AZ vax for use. In France they have released for anyone over 60 YO if I recall correctly. My take is they are still studying the question, it is open.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:46 am https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/cbd-was ... 19-03-2021

“Smoke up, Johnny.”
... ok! catch rona, just smoke up! :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:21 pm

“Smoke up, Johnny.”
... ok! catch rona, just smoke up! :lol:
Dmac will never need a shot. His immunity goes all the way back to 1968. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 am
Easing restrictions helps.
tld the lockdown king! shut it down. shut it all down.

good games last night.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

even better, forced groups.......like trying to get into that Who concert in Ohio all these years ago....

Like polar bear plunge or bandaid .........just DO IT already.

FORCED social closeness, NOT distancing. Every day, at noon. Do this for 8 days straight. thousands of group hugs, maskless screams and yells.....much like this....I am NOT joking. Enough is enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_cwcTNGp3U

Enough of this......"just give 'em lil tastes....slowly. Yeah, let's give em March Madne$$ . Make sure we have the "right" people fill out brackets
lots of public announcements, important people , having fun. on the essential truthful, information sourcing......"

That ....ought to keep them occupied . Is it too early to start running covid vaxx commericals, between all the stupid fouls ? "

"Do you think it is a good idea to run gambling ads during March Madness, especially ones where you can bet on college sports ? "

" Of COURSE....that is our target audience...what are you kidding. You are kidding, right? "

"that means, a college hoops player could, theoretically, at half time, bet against himself.....lets others know he is doing so.....and fouls out early in the 2nd half. "

"dude, Boston College, 50 years ago old news. goodfellas stuff....dude, they didn't even have cell phones back than, and....."

"exactly........no cell phones for easy communication. Heck, bet players could even bet right from the bench"

" Doesn't the NCAA have partial ownership of these online betting website/companies "

"What are they supposed to do with their billion in a$$ets? Start a scheduling/ref assinging business ? "

"funny, they already did that........years ago. "

Yeah for hoops. on tv..........watching maskless kids, mostly minorities, entertain us......because, playing sports, indoors, maskless, make complete sense......glad 19 year olds, put their lives in danger, just to fill out a bracket. I mean, for gosh sakes. The Ivy league has no laundry bill this spring. Let the lesser kids and minorities put themselves in danger, Ivy league people are special.

You laud the Ivy's decision to cancel lacrosse, and, out of the side of your mind, you get all oiled up and ready to watch 19 years, at NON ivy , lesser schools, play maskless. Indoors ? It makes zero sense.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

shame germany wasn't able to secure enough vaccine for themselves and eu members. there have been all sorts of production problems as well. thinking more nationalism is going to be coming.

maybe europe gets our next largesse from azn.

tough to tell where this goes for the lockdown kings in europe, and 1st world covid leader germany. i'm still trying to figure out what inning we're in. hope it's late.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 pm
shame germany wasn't able to secure enough vaccine for themselves and eu members. there have been all sorts of production problems as well. thinking more nationalism is going to be coming.

tough to tell where this goes for the lockdown kings in europe, and 1st world covid leader germany. i'm still trying to figure out what inning we're in. hope it's late.
... I am surprised Germany is going AstraZeneca when BioNtech is a German company. Would have thought they would go Pfizer mRNA.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:44 pm

... I am surprised Germany is going AstraZeneca when BioNtech is a German company. Would have thought they would go Pfizer mRNA.
they have contracts there. i don't know amounts. biontech bought another co last summer or fall to use their production facilities. supposed to come online sometime this quarter i think, i posted a link awhile back. germany gave them 4-500 million for their operation warp speed (should we use those words anymore?), so i suspect they're getting the lion's share vs equal spread to eu.

here's a link:
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufactur ... C%20BNT162.

at press time, up in 1st half 2021, 750 mill for the year, 250 mill in 1st half were the guesses. didn't buy a co but from novartis, a facility.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 am Happily, my wife and I are now among the 100 million vaccine shots administered during Biden's first 100 days (day 58). No bells went off announcing that we were the 100 millionth shot...but happy nevertheless.
congrats to you and yours, i know it is and will be a weight off your shoulders.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 am https://twitter.com/chriscfore/status/1 ... 45856?s=20

One student told me “I have no motivation at all to log in every day Mr Fore. I hate it. It’s not school. I don’t even care anymore.” I wish I had a camera crew to document some of these conversations today, for our politicians to see. It was so sad. So scary. So desperate.
I remember just a year ago when online education was going to replace in person schooling and disrupt the model.
What most don't seem to understand is that the schools were woefully unprepared to do effective online education, the systems are inadequate, no training of the teachers, etc...it's not that online education isn't going to be enormously disruptive over the next decade or two. Tip of the iceberg in what's coming.

So, it's no surprise to those in the online education field that it has been so problematic now under this stress load.

BTW, this doesn't mean the in-person will go away...in hybrid models of the future, much of the traditional academic educational process will be online, individualized pacing and style, but with in-person socialization activities, much of what we consider now to be "extracurricular".
Be specific, please. When you write "schools", you are discussing "public" schools, not private, correct?

Also, is it your impression that all public schools have inadequate online learning? We all know you realize that it is the complete opposite.

Don't care which MIAA high school you have ties too.....irrelevent as to addressing your educational concerns. Online, or in person. But, real games start next week, correct? Or have they already started in Maryland?

Point is, do you have actual knowledge of which online training, or software, or subscription services, etc, private schools use vs public ones. What Loy-Blake or Cal-Hall uses for online learning, as compared to Towson or Sparrows point HIGH. Do you know what training Frederick HS public teachers have had, regarding online teaching.

I feel empty, how about you.....
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Man stabbed Jack in the Box manager 3 times after refusing to wear mask

There have been a number of incidents before, wonder how many more we're gonna see before all this is over.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:44 pm

they have contracts there. i don't know amounts. biontech bought another co last summer or fall to use their production facilities. supposed to come online sometime this quarter i think, i posted a link awhile back. germany gave them 4-500 million for their operation warp speed (should we use those words anymore?), so i suspect they're getting the lion's share vs equal spread to eu.

here's a link:
https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufactur ... C%20BNT162.

at press time, up in 1st half 2021, 750 mill for the year, 250 mill in 1st half were the guesses. didn't buy a co but from novartis, a facility.
... thank you.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:29 pm

good games last night.
Yes. The Drake game was excellent. I like that guard that punched it. I would have shut it down when we had a chance to get it more under control....that chance passed last August. Like I said, anyone that doesn’t want to get vaccinated F ‘em....if they want to endanger the general public, make ‘em pay for it. They can put their money where their mouth is.

EDIT: Second episode of Last Chance U. was good. Told a buddy that played JUCO about it. He said his Juco dorm was crazy....one end of the hall was all guys from the south....opposite end of floor was all West Coast guys.... fights and arguments in the TV room as there was only one! Couldn’t understand a word from the guys from New Orleans....he said it was more gold teeth than you can imagine. Bubby ended up playing at Northern Arizona in the big sky conference. He was another 5 star camp guy.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:13 pm

good games last night.
Yes. The Drake game was excellent. I like that guard that punched it. I would have shut it down when we had a chance to get it more under control....that chance passed last August. Like I said, anyone that doesn’t want to get vaccinated F ‘em....if they want to endanger the general public, make ‘em pay for it. They can put their money where their mouth is.

EDIT: Second episode of Last Chance U. was good. Told a buddy that played JUCO about it. He said his Juco dorm was crazy....one end of the hall was all guys from the south....opposite end of floor was all West Coast guys.... fights and arguments in the TV room as there was only one! Couldn’t understand a word from the guys from New Orleans....he said it was more gold teeth than you can imagine. Bubby ended up playing at Northern Arizona in the big sky conference. He was another 5 star camp guy.
europe was dribbling cases in august. to me, in hindsight, that suggests there was no "getting it under control". hindsight, of course. ymmv. maybe they should've had time stand still.

juco was the way to go back then. lot of guys made the jump. nike, adidas, garfinkle and co. were just getting started building out infrastructure.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:13 pm

good games last night.

europe was dribbling cases in august. to me, in hindsight, that suggests there was no "getting it under control". hindsight, of course. ymmv. maybe they should've had time stand still.

juco was the way to go back then. lot of guys made the jump. nike, adidas, garfinkle and co. were just getting started building out infrastructure.
Yep. My buddy went from high D1 (Arizona State) to JUCO (Eastern Arizona) and clawed back up to Big Sky conference. Just fell off his senior year of high school and Arizona State backed off.

EDIT: Buster Douglas played JUCO basketball. He was nasty. A poor man’s Larry Johnson.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 am https://twitter.com/chriscfore/status/1 ... 45856?s=20

One student told me “I have no motivation at all to log in every day Mr Fore. I hate it. It’s not school. I don’t even care anymore.” I wish I had a camera crew to document some of these conversations today, for our politicians to see. It was so sad. So scary. So desperate.
I remember just a year ago when online education was going to replace in person schooling and disrupt the model.
What most don't seem to understand is that the schools were woefully unprepared to do effective online education, the systems are inadequate, no training of the teachers, etc...it's not that online education isn't going to be enormously disruptive over the next decade or two. Tip of the iceberg in what's coming.

So, it's no surprise to those in the online education field that it has been so problematic now under this stress load.

BTW, this doesn't mean the in-person will go away...in hybrid models of the future, much of the traditional academic educational process will be online, individualized pacing and style, but with in-person socialization activities, much of what we consider now to be "extracurricular".
I also remember the claims of “who needs to go to college” as if it’s just a waste of time and money (on a lacrosse board of all places).
I know several kids that laughed at college......8 or 9 years later, making $300k and learning the fine art of Government graft and the bidding process. Plumber.

robots can read amp draw better than humans on a multimeter anyway..............my masters in public health provided this great covid plan.

we need more re$earch.

Dude, you "college earns more" is so Clinton era spin. All the "charts" and "data" that spin the myth are outdated. VERY.

You know all those computer programmers that Gates spit on in the 80s, (btw, where is his degree :oops: .....and his creepy responses during the legal depositions? most NOT college grads. self taught. Like Louis Rossmann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC9HSP1O7u8

You can keep selling the $330,000 dream that Goldmann or Citi....will invite you into the club.

Besides drug dealing , you show me what kid can work a summer job pay for most, if not all, of their college expenses?

computers pick wall street winners.....keep telling yourself the ivy gravy train is sustainable for this essentially, peopleless, transactional business.

And, especially if you want things your way, glad handing, in person intro ducktions.......

With the debt outlay.....you seriously telling us that for the past ten years, college grads are out earning NON college grads?

keep dreaming. My friend who graduated from Cal Poly, a few years ago, counts bats or mtn. lion footprints. Govt. job. stipend only. She makes more as a coffee barrista.......you know the rest.

What is the monthly nut on a $50K loan, 10 year float?

exactly.

You can be a member of congress, POTUSA, Supreme Ct. Justice........NONE require college degrees. You wanna teach 1st grade or start an entry level CAD job ? Sorry, you need to spend at least 100K to do so. Even tho, you designed your own APP at age 9, built your own drone, with a 3d printer, making the motor, everything, at age 14 and can speak fluent Spanish.

Instead, you hire the rich brats that go to Peru with NY times folks.

THe number one problem in this world is economic bigotry. In this country, it starts with the insane notion that a gender studies or english degree from FINE Univeristy and Swell College, is a necessary hurdle. All the while screaming "justice" "blm" and dining in the French Laundry.

Funny, how airline pilots don't need college degrees.

It costs less than $40 k to become an instrument rated, multi engine rated pilot. Often way less. You can do it for more, or less,, whatever. Get your goofy 50 knot private license in less than two weeks, if you have the time, and money. ground school prevents rapid pace....but.

Prior to becoming a member of Congress, you telling us that the wonderful (she is) AOC was earning more than the kid I know, roughly the same age as her ?

the mindset is bizzarre.

In less than 75 years, We went from a large portion of the US population that were, essentially, illiterate........

to demanding that you have a college degree for most higher earning jobs..

Which , community, did this systemic form of economic bigotry , hurt the most?

From 1975 to 2015, how many African American MIAA, or MSA, lacrosse "all stars" have there been. Boys and girls lacrosse.

Does it mesh with Baltimores demographics?

Yup......the same narrative that sold the nation on the myth, the lie, that POTUSA Grant as a drunk, while plopping up those traitorist confederate soldier statues , starting in earnest after ww2.........created the "YOU NEED COLLEGE " narrative.

you must have been one of those systemic economic bigots that hated Moses , earning an income, telling "you make your own luck " Lefty Driessel he aint coming......up until lebron James....we heard it. A college education is way more valuable than earning $3 MILLION , plus, for playing a game? But, when white Bill Gates leaves college to start a career , you know, to earn money. THat is smart. Zuckerber is smart. Moses is dumb.

yeah, Moses Malone would have earned way more money as a HIGH school teacher, as a Maryland grad.....or the crowd that loves the Allen Iverson quote about "practice", when anyone with a brain knows the context of that quote. (Iverson just lost a friend , and reporters kept asking him about practice..........final nail for me regarding hoops, the way the system treated Iverson. The way it STILL treats him.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:55 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am Could have sworn we all read yesterday that there are NO harmful effects from getting a NEW, hardly tested, covid vaxx. NONE.
Nope. Didn't say a word about EU vaccines. Why would I?

You know, for a guy who has been complaining nonstop about fear porn for the last year------you seem to have no difficulty throwing around vaccine fear porn.

I'm sure it's ok when you do it though, right? It's just that the rest of us aren't allowed to post fear porn. ;)
OK......you didn't last long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWU2SR27g4

Return to “POLITICS”