All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:43 am
old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:53 am
dislaxxic wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:01 pm Josh Marshall at TPM:

Why Did Trump Decide Not to Have a Plan to Vaccinate the Country? {TPM Paywall}
As we noted in various articles over the last two days the Trump administration (albeit mainly career civil servants) deserve some credit for Operation Warp Speed, which backstopped the risk in private pharmaceutical companies of going all out in vaccine creation and production. But on the distribution front, their record was close to catastrophic. As Josh Kovensky and Kate Riga explain here, they literally had no plan to do anything. The “plan” was not to have a plan. The military would airlift the supplies to designated airports in each state and then it was up to the states.
The authors presume that state & local govt officials are incompetent, incapable babies. Some things are better managed at a lower level of govt closer to the community.
The vaccine has been distributed to the states without delay. People are waiting in line (electronically) to get vaccinated. Demand & distribution are still ahead of supply. CDC provided guidance on how to administer & who to prioritize. Vaccines are not being wasted or sitting idle. The states had a year to prepare & they apparently have. Other than tiny Israel, the US leads the world in vaccinating their population. Quit complaining & roll up your sleeve.
Vaccine is being wasted and sitting idle. A friend of my neighbor runs the vaccinations program in our county. My neighbor was making calls to whomever she thought might be eligible because a hospital was close to throwing out vaccine that was going to go unused. Despite it being difficult to get an appointment, there was plenty of vaccine and capacity but like all things, you know more than the woman running the program.
So send it to MD, AACo specifically, or some other competent jurisdiction where supply outstrips demand. It's not being wasted if it gets in someone's arms before it expires. Have all the first responders, medical personnel, school teachers & everyone over 65 been vaccinated ? If yes, announce no appt walk up clinic for everyone.
Pretty sure you meant ship it to where demand outstrips supply ;) ...which is most of the country, certainly the northeast and mid-atlantic, California too. Agreed, if demand is lagging in the current eligible group, open the aperture a bit...there's a ton of demand not yet served!

The other thing I think would be helpful maybe a month or so from now would be to have a Covid-free 'passport' to various activities, travel, gyms, bars, etc...vaccine or very recent test. 46% of GOP polled saying they don't intend to get vaccinated is an awful lot of people...may need some serious carrots and sticks...I prefer carrots...
old salt

Post by old salt »

...I'd settle for a vaccination visa to Navy lax games. :?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

what would be a good endpoint (and start date) for these vaccine passports you speak of?
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'm not advocating this, but if owned a bar or restaurant, I'd propose ID & shot card check at the door, just like checking for drinking age to get inside in normal conditions. Otherwise, outdoor dining & drinking, socially distanced. THAT would be an incentive to get the shot.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm what would be a good endpoint (and start date) for these vaccine passports you speak of?
Passports are problematic. Too many holes. Encourage vaccinations and then encourage some more. Reinforce the need to stay away from people and limit your interactions with people if you have not been vaccinated. When we get to the crossover point where people who declined the vaccinations are dying at a disproportionate rate, F ‘em or they will get vaccinated. Let insurance companies raise their premiums if not vaccinated. If you smoke you pay more, if you don’t get vaccinated you pay more in premiums or coverage should be denied completely. A person would be given fair notice. Mail them a disclosure and they can opt out. F ‘em in about 9 months. Make the message loud and clear, if you don’t get vaccinated, you pay for it yourself. Only seems fair (legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated would be the exception)....personal responsibility. I am all for it.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

How about if you get a free shot if you have a shot card?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm what would be a good endpoint (and start date) for these vaccine passports you speak of?
Passports are problematic. Too many holes. Encourage vaccinations and then encourage some more. Reinforce the need to stay away from people and limit your interactions with people if you have not been vaccinated. When we get to the crossover point where people who declined the vaccinations are dying at a disproportionate rate, F ‘em or they will get vaccinated. Let insurance companies raise their premiums if not vaccinated. If you smoke you pay more, if you don’t get vaccinated you pay more in premiums or coverage should be denied completely. A person would be given fair notice. Mail them a disclosure and they can opt out. F ‘em in about 9 months. Make the message loud and clear, if you don’t get vaccinated, you pay for it yourself. Only seems fair (legitimate reasons to not get vaccinated would be the exception)....personal responsibility. I am all for it.
Your smoking analogy holds up only if 2nd hand smoke was a deadly bio weapon. If too many decline the vaccine, it delays herd immunity while the virus continues to mutate. This summer may be last opportunity to kill this virus, globally.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:29 pm
Your smoking analogy holds up only if 2nd hand smoke was a deadly bio weapon. If too many decline the vaccine, it delays herd immunity while the virus continues to mutate. This summer may be last opportunity to kill this virus, globally.
Close enough. If you engage in risky behavior, you should pay for it. Why not? Not just a danger to themselves but potentially a danger to others. Make ‘em pay..... we ain’t killing nothing by the summer. Best outcome is to get the spread way down. It is not disappearing.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

We can do mail in vaxxing', there seems to be no problems with mail in voting. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm I'm not advocating this, but if owned a bar or restaurant, I'd propose ID & shot card check at the door, just like checking for drinking age to get inside in normal conditions. Otherwise, outdoor dining & drinking, socially distanced. THAT would be an incentive to get the shot.
re
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

nice restaurant ?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm I'm not advocating this, but if owned a bar or restaurant, I'd propose ID & shot card check at the door, just like checking for drinking age to get inside in normal conditions. Otherwise, outdoor dining & drinking, socially distanced. THAT would be an incentive to get the shot.
have you seen these shot cards (i hope)? makes my drivers license from the 80s look like high end counterfeiting.

what do you think we're pulling off here, in the short term? some kind of hard to break chip/hologram mailed out to everyone? we can't even set up appointments.

lmao at vaccine passports if this isn't something that's planned on being long term.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

remember ger ran i mals ? kidz clothing
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:29 pm
he is also glossing over the fact that insurance actuaries deal mostly in .....well, facts.

The percentage of people dying from getting the vaxx itself is an actuaryial (sp) red flag. ( tld was all over that VAERS , covid search a few weeks back ) And for something this new, untested and shamefully undocumented and tracked.....nope, insurance is thinking long and hard about the covid vaxx. tld knows a few, ask around. getting the vaxx MAY not be looked upon as a good thing.

I can't wait to ask TLD, in person, with my Harris goon squad, why he followed Trump on twitter. :D :o

suddenly, when the thought police come for YOU......not so fun is it
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:11 pm
have you seen these shot cards (i hope)? makes my drivers license from the 80s look like high end counterfeiting.

what do you think we're pulling off here, in the short term? some kind of hard to break chip/hologram mailed out to everyone? we can't even set up appointments.

lmao at vaccine passports if this isn't something that's planned on being long term.
maybe Elon Musk is playing possum with his covid comments.........and if not for it, he would be the ideal, picture image of what Gore Vidal wrote about in Kalki. (based on an "end it all" type god ) spoiler alert....

but, yeah, who is getting the pretend wealth?

....at least in Vidal's book, everyone died except those that had the vaxx. blah blah.

plans to control, kill and enslave humans is so 20th century.

while this belongs in the Myths and Fairy tale thread (climate change), it IS interesting that electric cars are NOT required to have computer ports for repair and emmissions data.

Guess what. All those jobs the morons that think will exist repairing electric vehicles? Only at the dealer my friend. Unless that law changes. (which we Sz's are working on now )

No more, "yeah, I know a good repair shop " talk to take your electric car too. No more FIX it yourself. No need for auto parts stores. Have to take the electric car to the electric dealer. fact.

Unless, you know anyone that can work on Tesla's ........exactly

Robots will fix the electric cars too.

Yup......lots to look forward too, 20 somethings.

at least you got to binge watch tv for a year, and got a 4.0 for the first time ever.

control? humans have never been about control......

Are we sure my math is wrong? Don't you divide 550k by 330 million to get the percentage of covid dead to population?
no.
550/000 divided by
330/000/000

maybe my calculator is broken, but, it keeps coming up with .0016. What am i doing wrong? ;)
you keep saying percentage.
old salt

Post by old salt »

my card has a printed Moderna sticker that lists the lot #

anything can be counterfeited

it would only be a short term thing
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:27 pm

my card has a printed Moderna sticker that lists the lot #

anything can be counterfeited

it would only be a short term thing
1) of course you're joking about that moderna sticker in times-new roman.
2) not everything can be counterfeited by a 5th grader.
3) you sure about that? or is that just the old salt plan?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:08 pm ...I'd settle for a vaccination visa to Navy lax games. :?
Great example...very motivating. Go Navy!
:D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Another good example.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

My shot card could be counterfeited by a 5th grader. It has Last Name, First Name, MI, DOB, then 1st dose and 2nd dose lines. The dose codes and clinic sites are not easily verifiable by a bar or restaurant or by most anyone with how decentralized the roll-out has been. Everything on the card is hand-written in and the codes are just a series of letters and numbers.

Requiring shot cards will have the same effect as requiring masks. The people who are pro-vaxx and able to get them will gladly show the cards, and the people who don't want to get vaccinated will just b!tch and moan and cause a scene like the anti-maskers do. Businesses will do what they want, and if you have the .gov push for a mandatory shot card for things, most of the right will fight it tooth and nail.

Return to “POLITICS”