Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by HopFan16 »

viho wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:32 pm Millimans comments on Cole Williams from the D-Fly and Dixie podcast were awkward.
Cole is one of the best players on the team. Keep him on the field as much as possible.
Stop screwing around and put him back at attack.
On the other hand, Milliman has put Williams on the EMO—something the previous staff never did.

Maybe the best strategy to win now is to switch Williams and Grimes' roles but I don't think it's "screwing around" to feel it's important for our longterm success to get Grimes acclimated. He'll be around for another three years; Cole is gone in May.

Anyway I don't think they are anywhere close to being done with tinkering the offense or adjusting the lineups. I could envision a scenario in which neither Williams nor Grimes leave the field very often.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

viho wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:32 pm Millimans comments on Cole Williams from the D-Fly and Dixie podcast were awkward.
Cole is one of the best players on the team. Keep him on the field as much as possible.
I'm not sure why, given the number of changes Milliman is making (not only compared to last season, but on a week-to-week basis), you believe that Williams is selectively being "screwed around with". For the fans, and I suspect for the players as well, the new staff's focus on putting players in positions to succeed is refreshing. I agree that Cole is one of the better players on the team, but is he a good enough dodger/creator to be playing a primary initiator role on attack? Is he a good enough shooter to be permenantly ensconsed in a wing attack position? Why not try to figure out a position that plays to his strengths? Otherwise you are just beating his and the team's collective head against the wall. He's not alone. There are at least 10 players, including several long-time starters, in the same boat. He's not being singled out.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

IMO, moving Williams to midfield was a really good idea. As he's shown against the Terps, he's much harder to handle when dodges from the wings or up top because of his size. Against the Terps, they'd have to get him switched onto an LSM or shorty before he could dodge. When you get him at the midfield spot, he's already going to get that match-up without having to work the ball all over the place (eats up time). Think it makes for better match-ups for him.

Dixon is great on the broadcasts. Disagree about Carc. I think he adds more now than does Quint.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Actually the comments were fairly direct. We told him he was a mid and we told Connor he was at attack. End of story. He’s the coach and made a decision.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 am https://goholycross.com/news/2021/3/5/h ... id-19.aspx
-If you're on the lets be safe, no fans in the stands, bubble up, there's the start to your argument and it's a great argument.
-If you're not a social media guy IL
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAygzUlWVB/?hl=en
and some other dude had rivarly stuff yesterday
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMA_HTWBk6e/?hl=en
-Interesting Dixon brought up delaney because foy or arrestia or one of the IL guys made a big deal yesterday talking about how there isn't much hoops/lax crossover because the seasons intersect.
-well overdue for WOMBAT to get mainstream lacrosse media love especially after quint spent every broadcast for years clad in his splendid sartorial jj threads responding to a certain LP posters comments about the fastest man in lax and his transformative class. If lacrosse broadcasts aren't going to get big ratings they might as well embrace the details the way they did when they used to show mr. stanwick, give WOMBAT a shoutout, show the lacrosse alumni in the stands if they're allowed, etc.
-I'll give dixon credit, unlike the guy in the first game who did not know how to pronounce johns hopkins or know 90 percent of the players, despite coming from darien, I expect he knows how to pronounce our beloved schools name and will know who guys are.
He did shout out to the WOMBAT, but did he keep saying LaxPower? Good thing FanLax was my top Google search result for LaxPower
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Franky, I don't think we have a prayer against UMD but, I would love to be proven wrong. I think both QK and Carc have knowledge to express if they stay on topic. Carc can get into the Lax bro mode("that's why they call it execution") :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

I have google alerts for johns hopkins. usually it's med school stuff. tonight was more relevant.
view from cp. 2 more stories following wheels nice interview w/bb. Lot of respect there for the rivalry.
https://dbknews.com/2021/03/05/maryland ... y-preview/
https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-t ... ry-big-ten

cc announced they're allowing a spring season, and yale catches up with the first ivy to hop corona related athletic transfer.
https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2021/03/ ... nd-umiami/

-https://twitter.com/danarestia/status/1 ... 3549957121, the tweet and the thread-I did not post, are something
Dan Arestia @danarestia Imagine dropping $15 to watch a low quality stream of Hopkins losing by 10.
Kyle Harrison @KyleHarrison18 Replying to @coachpughlaxYO. Meme made me spit out
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

You all would be shocked to know how much that shout-out cost me.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Ohio State looked good against us. Has looked decidedly less good in the next 5 quarters they played against other teams. Worrying for us.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-game stats showing szuluk in for mcmanus. no other starting changes. congrats to keough working his way to starting lineup again.
-wings and transition d are going to need to be really good against rutgers. they're averaging about 7 seconds from picking up a gb to shooting. we have not seen this from any opponents lately.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Anyone know the online site that reports games in process with play by play updates ?
I found it last weekend but didn't note the site...HELP !
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 pm Anyone know the online site that reports games in process with play by play updates ?
It is usually run by the home team:

https://umterps.com/sidearmstats/mlax/summary
jhu08 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm Ohio State looked good against us. Has looked decidedly less good in the next 5 quarters they played against other teams. Worrying for us.
I dunno, they look ok against PSU. Those two teams are pretty evenly matched.

Perhaps a small silver lining is our defense played better against Michigan than Rutgers' currently is.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 pm
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:51 pm Anyone know the online site that reports games in process with play by play updates ?
It is usually run by the home team:

https://umterps.com/sidearmstats/mlax/summary
jhu08 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm Ohio State looked good against us. Has looked decidedly less good in the next 5 quarters they played against other teams. Worrying for us.
I dunno, they look ok against PSU. Those two teams are pretty evenly matched.

Perhaps a small silver lining is our defense played better against Michigan than Rutgers' currently is.
Yeah, they’ve looked better in this second quarter. They got off to a slow start, but this one turned into a good game.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Ugh what a terrible defensive communication there. That’s too easy for them.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

good start except for narewskia and kirson really struggling. zinn needs to sit.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Super clutch feed across the field from Epstein. He definitely saw something there that I didn’t! I was thinking he was going to dodge toward the goal himself before he turned out of it.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Entertaining quarter.Thoughts:
- we don't look overmatched
- Joey Epstein is good at lacrosse
- Clearing game significantly cleaned up
- Good wing play
- Szuluk is a force out there
- Need something from Kirson. Doesn't look like he's seeing the ball. Two very soft goals.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Conner Delaney gets better every week. He is all over the field today against one of the best teams in the country.
Last edited by Catbird on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”