SUNYAC 20

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Vermont25

Re: SUNYAC 20

Post by Vermont25 »

Any update: My son's coach is not communicating with the team.
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

Heard from my son that they will know more on the 15th.. Monday. I don't see how they don't play.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Any News from the meeting on the 15th?
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Vermont25 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:29 pm Any update: My son's coach is not communicating with the team.
Good reason to transfer unless he is a Senior, which means he could get screwed twice.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Crickets from Sunyac and coach. Anyone hear anything???
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

Same... three practices no info
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Well at least you had practice. Nothing for my son’s team.
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

Looking at the ST John Fisher schedule just posted in the empire 8 forum. It would appear that Cortland and Oswego are playing.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

I wouldn't look at another schools schedule to try to piece together who is playing vs who isn't.
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

Cortland and Genesseo...covid numbers at school are spiking. (not sure of the effect of Lax)
Plattsburgh no practice yet.
Oneonta rumor has it that they may have 8-9 games starting last week of march.
Oswego same as Oneonta

Kids talking.....rumors.
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

I am not sure if I would consider numbers at or near 1% infection rate a spike. I am looking at the data provided here: https://www.suny.edu/covid19-tracker/
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

https://www.change.org/p/sunyac-preside ... rect=false

Link to Petition to hopefully get the SUNYAC back on the field. Please take the time to sign. Thanks
Bart

Post by Bart »

Whatyagonnado wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 pm I am not sure if I would consider numbers at or near 1% infection rate a spike. I am looking at the data provided here: https://www.suny.edu/covid19-tracker/
One of the biggest obstacle for SUNYAC teams to play would be a college going on line and taking a "two week pause". SUNY just changed the two week pause criteria from a 14 day total of 100 cases to 5% of the of the total on-campus population test positive using a 14-day rolling average. For a school like Geneseo it would change this data point from 100 to about 225 (give or take). This is a good start and good news for those who want to see lacrosse this spring.
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

My son just sent me a tentative schedule.. looking good! Only conference games so far..Conference kicking off on March 26th, all Friday game, for them.
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

Any idea if a few fans are allowed.... Most games generally have less than 100 people and trust me most mouth's and other parts are covered up. It's cold up there.
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

Chancellor, SUNYAC:
Spring Sports Can Resume

This afternoon, SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras announced along with the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) that intercollegiate athletic competition within SUNY will resume, beginning with spring sports.

The approval is based upon a detailed collaborative plan that was developed by more than 50 athletic administrators, coaches and sports information directors and meets guidance provided by SUNY, the NCAA, and state and local departments of health. Approval is also contingent upon the continued positive trajectory of the pandemic on member campuses.

SUNYAC will employ a divisional East-West model for its conference schedule in most sports to reduce travel. These schedules will be announced in the near future. For now, spectators will not be permitted to attend competitions, but fan attendance will be reevaluated periodically as the pandemic environment continues to improve.

This spring, many of our coaches have been staffing our COVID testing center in the Alumni Field House. We are especially grateful for the work they’ve done to keep the campus community safe. The college has developed a continuity plan for the testing center as spring coaches transition back to their normal responsibilities.

This is an exciting development for our student athletes, coaches and entire campus community and a welcome step towards normalcy. In the coming week, spring sports schedules will begin to be posted on the college's Athletics website, which will also have live statistics and streaming of all home contests.
Whatyagonnado

Post by Whatyagonnado »

As of now, no spectators.. I am certain that will change..Heck, we can dine indoors.. why not watch a game outdoors
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Let's hope SUNYAC allows a camera operator from each school's athletic or sports information department to broadcast the games over the internet.

NY pro basketball and hockey teams are allowing 10% capacity indoors as of tonight. If infection rates continue to fall, I expect a small number of spectators will be allowed at outdoor lacrosse games. Not sure I'd bother driving 50-100+ miles to a game, just to find out they sold 100-150 tickets and nobody else will be allowed in. But it would be nice if parents got to see their kids compete this year.
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

please sign and pass link to friends.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/922/622 ... #published

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”