2021 games, predictions, results, comments..

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Carolina v. SB

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm
Hmmm not seeing a blowout at all . Not sure about a score but it will be MUCH closer than that . And SB will slow the ball so I don’t see it going into high double digits .
I thought SBU liked to run? Maybe I am thinking of another team?

I really dont know how good SBU is, I think I know how good UNC is. I dont see it being close, unless first game jitters affect the Heels. Out of 10 games, with my limited knowledge of SBU, I see UNC winning 9.
seacoaster

Re: Carolina v. SB

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm
Hmmm not seeing a blowout at all . Not sure about a score but it will be MUCH closer than that . And SB will slow the ball so I don’t see it going into high double digits .
I thought SBU liked to run? Maybe I am thinking of another team?

I really dont know how good SBU is, I think I know how good UNC is. I dont see it being close, unless first game jitters affect the Heels. Out of 10 games, with my limited knowledge of SBU, I see UNC winning 9.
14-10. Carolina.
laxagainsthumanity

Re: 2021 games, predictions, results, comments..

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Here's my thinking. It's hard to use depth effectively in this sport. In that unbelievable 2019 FF BC vs UNC game that went into OT, UNC played WAY more subs and had more depth at every position. Still lost. You don't need half your kids to be All Americans, you just need them all to be able to handle their roles. I think UNC wins this game with their attack, but the rest of the field is closer than people might expect. SBU has top-level talent as well and they know how to use it. So it's a 3-5 goal win for UNC, not a blowout. But I'm really looking forward to seeing this theory tested.
Bart

Post by Bart »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm Here's my thinking. It's hard to use depth effectively in this sport. In that unbelievable 2019 FF BC vs UNC game that went into OT, UNC played WAY more subs and had more depth at every position. Still lost. You don't need half your kids to be All Americans, you just need them all to be able to handle their roles. I think UNC wins this game with their attack, but the rest of the field is closer than people might expect. SBU has top-level talent as well and they know how to use it. So it's a 3-5 goal win for UNC, not a blowout. But I'm really looking forward to seeing this theory tested.
If I remember correctly, SB plays a zone and an aggressive one at that. With little scout and no film from 21' might this slow the UNC attack down? I don't know but it will be a good test out of the gate.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm Here's my thinking. It's hard to use depth effectively in this sport. In that unbelievable 2019 FF BC vs UNC game that went into OT, UNC played WAY more subs and had more depth at every position. Still lost. You don't need half your kids to be All Americans, you just need them all to be able to handle their roles. I think UNC wins this game with their attack, but the rest of the field is closer than people might expect. SBU has top-level talent as well and they know how to use it. So it's a 3-5 goal win for UNC, not a blowout. But I'm really looking forward to seeing this theory tested.
I can see that....I guess for me a 5 goal win is a blow out.I don't have any clue how its going to end. Best case for SBU, very close, worst case 8 down. That's just my SWAG. Either way or in between, I would bet on UNC. Love to be wrong :D
LaxDad23

Post by LaxDad23 »

My two cents...

6-6 at the half.
18-13 UNC.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... -on-sunday

a tidbit picked up from the story - SB was supposed to play Villanova next Thursday and that game was postponed which sounds like it opened the door for this game to happen. Assuming Villanova has an issue but haven't seen any info on that.

Anyway, UNC wins by 3 or 4, really excited to see this game.

update: just checked Villanova's schedule - they show their first 2 games cancelled (not postponed) - they were supposed to play St. Joes this Saturday and then SB on Thursday.

I know there are outbreaks going on everywhere - may see a lot of this for February games.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

LaxDad23 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:41 pm My two cents...

6-6 at the half.
18-13 UNC.
My two cents...close game throughout and UNC pulls it out by 3 in last few mins. This is Stony Brook super bowl and they will be juiced. Only chance they get at UNC this year.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 pm https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... -on-sunday

a tidbit picked up from the story - SB was supposed to play Villanova next Thursday and that game was postponed which sounds like it opened the door for this game to happen. Assuming Villanova has an issue but haven't seen any info on that.

Anyway, UNC wins by 3 or 4, really excited to see this game.

update: just checked Villanova's schedule - they show their first 2 games cancelled (not postponed) - they were supposed to play St. Joes this Saturday and then SB on Thursday.

I know there are outbreaks going on everywhere - may see a lot of this for February games.
Villanova has a contact tracing issue with their junior class, their first game will be 2/21 against Wagner at 5PM. My younger sibling is the assistant coach there...

Joe
Cletus

Syracuse vs Loyola

Post by Cletus »

I’m picking Loyola. I see them as a more solid and disciplined team. I won’t be surprised if Syracuse wins but that’s my pick for the Huge Tilt this Saturday afternoon. #AintNoDog
Cletus

Big game Wednesday - JMU at VT

Post by Cletus »

The James Madison Dukes have been having their way with the Virginia Tech Hokies since 2001. VT is winless in 18 straight games and has never defeated JMU. The closest they came was an overtime loss last year. That's a lot of motivation. It will be interesting to see if they can get out from under this year. I'd like to see it but I'm not making any predictions.

Dr. Tact

Re: Big game Wednesday - JMU at VT

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:33 am The James Madison Dukes have been having their way with the Virginia Tech Hokies since 2001. VT is winless in 18 straight games and has never defeated JMU. The closest they came was an overtime loss last year. That's a lot of motivation. It will be interesting to see if they can get out from under this year. I'd like to see it but I'm not making any predictions.

I will make a prediction....JMU wins
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

I just hope they play and that all teams play! Go Dukes!
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:38 am
Cletus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:33 am The James Madison Dukes have been having their way with the Virginia Tech Hokies since 2001. VT is winless in 18 straight games and has never defeated JMU. The closest they came was an overtime loss last year. That's a lot of motivation. It will be interesting to see if they can get out from under this year. I'd like to see it but I'm not making any predictions.
Alert the media! Doc Tact picks against Virginia Tech!! 😉
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

JMU by 3 - they are consistently one of the best coached teams in the country and always do more with less...roster is not stocked with 5 star recruits. VT also has to be feeling the absence of KF but did pick up a nice grad transfer from Cornell.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

livelovelax wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:54 am I just hope they play and that all teams play! Go Dukes!
Some good games this week:
Ones I’m most interested in: and my predictions :

VT-JMU. JMU
BC-UMass. BC. Looking forward to this!
Louisville- Co. Co
UNC-FL. UNC.
Richmond-UVA. Richmond
Loyola-Syr.*. SYR. Can’t wait for this one !
Duke-VT Duke
PS-Maryland. Maryland. Also can’t wat for this one
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:03 am
livelovelax wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:54 am I just hope they play and that all teams play! Go Dukes!

VT-JMU. JMU
Louisville- Co. Co
UNC-FL. UNC.
Richmond-UVA. Richmond
Duke-VT Duke
BC v UMass was postponed a little while back. I would have liked to have seen that one too.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:09 am
Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:03 am

VT-JMU. JMU
Louisville- Co. Co
UNC-FL. UNC.
Richmond-UVA. Richmond
Duke-VT Duke
BC v UMass was postponed a little while back. I would have liked to have seen that one too.
I wonder if all of these games will actually be made up during the season. I hope so...
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

VT-JMU. VT by 2
Louisville-Co. Lou by 1
UNC-FL. UNC by 8
Richmond-UVA. UVA by 5
Loyola-Syr. Hounds by 3
Duke-VT. Duke by 2
PS-Maryland. Maryland by 4
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:38 am
Alert the media! Doc Tact picks against Virginia Tech!! 😉
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hy
Tech Tech V.P.I!
Solah-Rex, Solah-Rah
Polytech Vir-gin-ia
Ray Rah V.P.I.
Team! Team! Team!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”