Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:54 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 am EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS. UVA released their schedule and they're playing us on FEB 20th... which mean feb 13th is still open
I don't think people understand how important it is that this game isn't being played until the 20th...as I pointed out earlier in the thread...this is very good news...

Loyola needed that week. With out getting to deep, we have guys out, key guys that will be back, but have not been able to practice much...like very key guys, contributors...they should be ready for the 20th...and trust me these are guys we needed...there are injuries and then the new wrinkle which is covid and the protocols involved...every team will deal with it..just saying having this game on the 20th is good news.

You can't expect to plug a few true freshman in to a UVA game after about 2-3 weeks of playing college lacrosse (practice only) and expect to compete...will these young guys be good soon...maybe, probably...but it will be a long day for a few of the freshman...not because they are going to be bad...but because they had ZERO fall ball...that is a factor...hence the need to make sure our guys from last year are ready to go...and on the 20th...they should be ready...will be ready...

And I'm pretty sure the Hopkins thing isn't happening...that's been made pretty clear by the big ten. It's not a Loyola decision, it's not a Hop decision...it's big ten...no Rutgers and no Hop this year...it is what it is...back next year.

Towson is scheduled for March 27...so baring any Patriot covid postponements...that's game will happen.
This is... very very worrying for Loyola fans
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:22 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 am EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS. UVA released their schedule and they're playing us on FEB 20th... which mean feb 13th is still open
I don't think people understand how important it is that this game isn't being played until the 20th...as I pointed out earlier in the thread...this is very good news...

Loyola needed that week. With out getting to deep, we have guys out, key guys that will be back, but have not been able to practice much...like very key guys, contributors...they should be ready for the 20th...and trust me these are guys we needed...there are injuries and then the new wrinkle which is covid and the protocols involved...every team will deal with it..just saying having this game on the 20th is good news.

You can't expect to plug a few true freshman in to a UVA game after about 2-3 weeks of playing college lacrosse (practice only) and expect to compete...will these young guys be good soon...maybe, probably...but it will be a long day for a few of the freshman...not because they are going to be bad...but because they had ZERO fall ball...that is a factor...hence the need to make sure our guys from last year are ready to go...and on the 20th...they should be ready...will be ready...

And I'm pretty sure the Hopkins thing isn't happening...that's been made pretty clear by the big ten. It's not a Loyola decision, it's not a Hop decision...it's big ten...no Rutgers and no Hop this year...it is what it is...back next year.

Towson is scheduled for March 27...so baring any Patriot covid postponements...that's game will happen.
Don't worry...they will be fine...the point was time was needed and starting on the 20th is much better.

This year will have unusual challenges for all teams...no team will escape some speed bumps dealing with things this year...

We will be fine
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:41 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Don't worry...they will be fine...the point was time was needed and starting on the 20th is much better.

This year will have unusual challenges for all teams...no team will escape some speed bumps dealing with things this year...

We will be fine
Good news is that i hear we have the Richmond scrimmage back on the 13th, will need that prior to UVA. Moving UVA back may be beneficial with all the injuries
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:14 am
Also, they're offering to put a cardboard cutout of yourself on the north side of Ridley for games. I'll certainly be doing it! its a nice way to help the school and team with the fee they charge. ($50 for general admission, $20 for students)
Ha, I was just about to mention this. I'm definitely doing it. I've missed only one home game since 2012 (not counting the Holy Cross blizzard where I had to turn around and head home because there was no way I was going to make it to Baltimore). If I can't be there, at least cardboard me can.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

This is a real game with Richmond at Richmond I just learned. Not a scrimmage. I wonder what State of Virginia COVID rules are for fans - with respect to following CDC guidelines, NCAA protocols and all of that stuff?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:20 pm This is a real game with Richmond at Richmond I just learned. Not a scrimmage. I wonder what State of Virginia COVID rules are for fans - with respect to following CDC guidelines, NCAA protocols and all of that stuff?
250 people max unless it's an acc football game.

probably looking at parents only, depending on the school. did you bail on nova?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:34 pm
NovaHound wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:20 pm This is a real game with Richmond at Richmond I just learned. Not a scrimmage. I wonder what State of Virginia COVID rules are for fans - with respect to following CDC guidelines, NCAA protocols and all of that stuff?

probably looking at parents only, depending on the school. did you bail on nova?
I believe it is up to each school, not a state thing. Best bet is to email the AD/Staff of said school.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:07 pm

I believe it is up to each school, not a state thing. Best bet is to email the AD/Staff of said school.
virginia is not allowing anyone to pack the stands. it is both.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:11 pm

By both, I assume you mean limited access, like player parents with a max of <= 50 ish. That is what I have heard.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:19 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:11 pm

By both, I assume you mean limited access, like player parents with a max of <= 50 ish. That is what I have heard.
i'm kidding about acc football. in oct or nov the rules changed to 250 max (1000 at football games before that when i'm not sure anyone else other than p5 football was allowed that kind of # - capacity).

so 250 max. schools can limit however they want (some have gone the parents and/or friends route). but it's inside the 250.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

https://www.wdbj7.com/2020/12/11/high-s ... ol-sports/

I know this is High School and who knows what Colleges are doing. I liked the part about two members of family per player. And right now most of the attendance measures are based upon indoor sports like basketball. One would hope that a large outdoor venue like a stadium could host some small number of fans who socially distanced. Lot of info out there but I haven't been to a game so I don't know.

I guess we'll learn more in the coming days.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Wow, so the first official meeting between Coach Toomey and his former offensive coordinator, Dan Chemotti.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

That Richmond contest would have been a good scrimmage to prep for uva. Gonna be a great first game against a real tough opponent. Hope the hounds can get a scrimmage or some situational work this week and get healthy.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Richmond is a tough opponent. They were definitely the better team last year and beat Loyola handily in the scrimmage. Toomey hates loosing, whether it's a scrimmage, game, or playing checkers or cornhole. The Hounds, like many other teams, had no Fall Ball and have also been hampered by COVID protocols to follow during practice, limiting their full field activity. Some players are also nursing some nagging injuries and you hope they are ready to go on the 13th.

It will be interesting to see how this team performs. I suspect the Hounds will have a full field scrimmage this Saturday. I'd love to watch, but alas... :(

Like others, Cardboard Me will be there once games kick off at Ridley :D
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

and we have an official schedule!!!

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/news/2021/ ... eason.aspx

Website also released the schedules for the other sports like volleyball, rowing, golf, cross country, soccer. My ESPN+ package will be very very stocked, cant wait!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:45 am and we have an official schedule!!!
I know there's a decent chance that Georgetown game won't actually happen because that's the designated make-up week for both conferences, but a non-conference schedule (on paper) of Richmond, Virginia, Utah, Towson, and Georgetown is pretty darn good for this year. I think Loyola fans should be very happy with this one. That's about as good as the program could get with Big Ten teams off the table. Maybe you could wish for one more ACC school (Duke?), but that's just me being greedy and wanting another high profile game to watch. ;)
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

jhu08 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am
houndace1 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:45 am and we have an official schedule!!!
I know there's a decent chance that Georgetown game won't actually happen because that's the designated make-up week for both conferences, but a non-conference schedule (on paper) of Richmond, Virginia, Utah, Towson, and Georgetown is pretty darn good for this year. I think Loyola fans should be very happy with this one. That's about as good as the program could get with Big Ten teams off the table. Maybe you could wish for one more ACC school (Duke?), but that's just me being greedy and wanting another high profile game to watch. ;)
Thanks for the compliment on the non-conference schedule that the team could put together for the season. I really hope Hopkins will do well with the tough Big 10 schedule they have. Its definitely very arduous.

Best wishes and hoping that we can get this charles street game going back on in 2022.

Duke eh... they've had our number for the last couple years now, and as a fan, im particularly glad we won't have to face Danowski and his infinity stone team in the regular season
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Yeah, "Infinity Stone" Team. :lol: That's an awesome tribute. I bet they are already sizing up their ring fingers down in Durham. :o You know where I'll be at 3:00 this afternoon. Jus' sayin'...Parked in front of the TV watching Duke and Denver. 8-)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Go git em Hounds!

Enjoy every day out there. Play like it's your last!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

thatsmell wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:25 pm Go git em Hounds!

Enjoy every day out there. Play like it's your last!
Well Stated "ThatSmell".

Here's the 2021 Loyola Mens Lacrosse Schedule. Can't Wait!!

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/news/2021/ ... eason.aspx

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”