D3 Men Rankings

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxxal22

Re: Top 20 Ranking D3

Post by Laxxal22 »

Saw that Griffin Gelinas (Brunswick/Bronxville) an attackman who initially enrolled at Michigan (was originally a Syracuse commit) as a freshman this fall has ended up at Gettysburg. No idea why D1 didn't work out for him, but that's potentially a real nice addition for the Bullets.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Laxxal22 wrote:Saw that Griffin Gelinas (Brunswick/Bronxville) an attackman who initially enrolled at Michigan (was originally a Syracuse commit) as a freshman this fall has ended up at Gettysburg. No idea why D1 didn't work out for him, but that's potentially a real nice addition for the Bullets.
It looks like Gelinas was a clear case of early recruiting, both by Cuse and Michigan. I think having players commit that young was likely to produce some bad results. Hopefully things work out for him at Gettysburg. He does indeed look like a potentially nice addition for Gburg. Could this be the Bullets' year?
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

Salisbury & RIT are like rivers when it comes to Talent..... Generally deep and wide.

Salisbury will depend their returning horses Pompea, Morony and Armstrong to carry the cross into battle this year and the will have obviously the ability to reload in the other positions. Schedule is not a burden; only 4 games catch my eye. (Gburg, York, Stevenson & Cabrini) Which mean that they will be able to get a lot of playing time for the younger guys providing valuable experience as the season goes on. February 23 game with Gettysburg will a must watch…, I like the Bullets a lot this year and think that it may be their time

RIT, yes Killen is gone, but Nally, Barnable, Issac, Commendent , etc………., Schedule’s only real challenges or games of interest are at the Mustang Classic with York & Amherst (potential preview semi-finals match-up). Not high on the Dragons and Bobcats this year sorry Cortland & Bates fans.

Gettysburg, they are loaded, several preseason All Americans. I really see Bullets getting pass Salisbury this year and playing for the NC over Labor Day weekend. Games of interest; Salisbury, WL, York, Stevenson and Dickinson.

York, while they lose a few guys here, I like the foundation here with solid coaching and system of play. I think outside of a few of the NESCAC schedule; York has the toughest schedule any other team in D3. Salisbury, Gettysburg, RIT, Stevenson, Cabrini & WL. Only team that I can see is playing possibly 5 legit top 10 teams this year. Additionally, I am highly bias and bullish here since my Nephew is a freshman at York this year… I mean first year student ( for the PC Crowd)

Wash & Lee, not that I personally know a lot about this group of kids, but my old college Lax roommate (who son is on the team) is telling me that they are legit. We will see…I generally cheer for front runners so let go with it for at least now.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

RIT also has a long bus ride out to OWU for their first game...two years ago they won by one goal. Last year Salisbury got clipped by the Bishops at Selby after a long trip. Don't underestimate the Battlin' Bishops...
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Salisbury will depend their returning horses Pompea, Morony and Armstrong to carry the cross into battle this year
The Gulls' offense is particularly deep this year. Pompea and Armstrong (two of last year's stars) may not run first lines this year being pushed by younger players. First and second attack and middies will be interchangeable as Berkman finds the right chemistry.

Defense is another matter. Berkman and Sandlin have a fresh start to institute an new scheme and with these new clock rules - expect just that.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FannOLax wrote:The NESCAC is a terrific conference, but I just don't see post-Daly Tufts being that good.
I dunno. Tufts was pretty good last season.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I could be wrong. I'm planning to attend some NESCAC this year, which should at least give me a more informed opinion.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fanno, your post is music to my ears. Under a month until D3 starts.

FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Having grown up essentially on a D3 campus, I came to lacrosse via D3 lacrosse and still like the small-school D3 character, vibe... while many D3 schools start play in February, Wesleyan and other NESCACs don't start until March.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Not sure if it's still the case, but NESCAC schools used to not be able to start TRYOUTS until Feb 15. Granted all but a handful of roster spots are set before those tryouts begin, but it's a late start - especially with no official fall ball.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Yes, no formal fall ball allowed (of course there are still captains' practices) and a very late start to the season always puts NESCAC teams a bit behind the 8 ball at the beginning of the year. Indoor facilities vary by school but as for practicing earlier than they do, even with turf fields you couldn't be outside at those schools that time of year so the reason for the late start is both cultural and practical.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Here's the US Lacrosse ranking.....

1 Wesleyan
2 Salisbury
3 Amherst
4 Tufts
5 RIT
6 Gettysburg
7 York
8 Washington and Lee
9 Cabrini
10 Christopher Newport
11 Ohio Wesleyan
12 Denison
13 Dickinson
14 Roanoke
15 Stevens
16 Stevenson
17 Lynchburg
18 Cortland
19 Ithaca
20 Williams

Inside Lacrosse Top 20 2019

1.Wesleyan
2. Salisbury
3. Tufts
4. RIT
5. Amherst
6. G’Burg
7. Cabrini
8. W&L
9. York
10. Denison
11. CNU
12. OWU
13. Stevens Tech
14. Dickinson
15. Roanoke
16. F&M
17. Ithaca
18. Stevenson
19. Lynchburg
20. Cortland
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote:And the homer in me likes York over W&L, Dickinson and Cabrini...
It’s like they read my mind ....
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/hardes ... ACQ0534a8f
Interesting how so many of these top academic institutions also carry top lacrosse programs on the D1 and D3 level.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:43 pm
DeepPocket wrote:And the homer in me likes York over W&L, Dickinson and Cabrini...
It’s like they read my mind ....
1 out of 2 polls, for sure.

valaxfan
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Per USILA’s Twitter-
“There was an error in the calculations in the earlier polls. Here are the corrected USILA / Warrior and New Balance Men’s Coaches Pre-Season Polls”
:o
Here’s the updated version
1 Wesleyan (12)
2 Salisbury
3 RIT
4 Tufts
5 Amherst
6 Gettysburg
7 York
8 Cabrini
9 Denison
10 Dickinson
11 Ohio Wesleyan
12 Washington & Lee
13 Christopher Newport
14 Stevens
15 Roanoke
16 Ithaca
17 Franklin & Marshall
18 Stevenson
19 Cortland
20 Lynchburg

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... la-coaches
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
2thatplay

Post by 2thatplay »

RPI Engineers have superstar LSM, some middies born for the new shot clock, and deep at attack... don’t count them out

New coach new times...
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Well based on their schedule they better hope to win their league. Going to be tough to get an at large bid otherwise.
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

I don't think RPI needs to win the league to get in. The Liberty League is at least a 2 team league. Plus of their out of conference games, OWU, USCGA, Keene, and Babson were all regionally ranked at one point last year which means a hell of a lot more than any poles when it comes to making the NCAAs.
All that being said I don't think it matters for RPI because I doubt they are even in the top 4 in the Liberty. Lost a great coach and graduated a couple important pieces. They are a solid team and have a great history but it has been a long time since they were really competing at the highest level.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”