2021 season?

D3 Womens Lacrosse
Dry fly

2021 season?

Post by Dry fly »

Although I can’t shake nagging doubts that next season will happen with the lingering pandemic, supposing (and praying) it does, any thoughts on which teams will be the ones to watch? Maybe it’s impossible to judge, since, among several reasons, who knows which teams have key players who decided to take gap years? Stay well, everybody!
westcoastlax

Re: 2021 season?

Post by westcoastlax »

NESCAC presidents unanimously voted today to cancelled winter sports. The prospect of a spring season does not look good.

https://nescac.com/news/2020/10/8/nesca ... ports.aspx

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 924588002/
Lurker

Re: 2021 season?

Post by Lurker »

In fairness... winter sports present more issues (in my opinion) than spring. Indoor sports in general present more issues. Fall sports at the high school level are being held in several states right now without major issues (obviously some issues but not overwhelming). D1 football is happening, again with some issues, but not insurmountable.

Spring sports should be held. Maybe delay the start of the season?

I'm not doctor or scientist, but it appears that covid doesn't spread easily during game play. Last summer there were club lax tournaments, AAU basketball, etc. and I didn't hear of many covid outbreaks tracked back to those. I coach HS lax and I had 12 girls on 4 different club teams play in tournaments in 6 different states against teams from all over the country and not one of my girls or their club teammates got covid. All these college and NFL teams with covid cases haven't tracked one case back to spread from a game. In fact, the day before the Tennessee Titans outbreak, they played the Vikings and not one Viking got covid after 10-12 Titans tested positive.

Take precautions like wearing masks, space out lockers or eliminate locker room use all together (our football team dresses in a basketball gym with chairs spaced 10 feet apart in all directions), use bigger buses and have players sit every other seat, etc. It can be done.

I just hope the decision makers don't take the path of least resistance.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”