NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
viper

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by viper »

PicLax wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 am This is good news for Tufts lacrosse and why they are traditionally the best in NESCAC and the NCAA. They find solutions and take positive steps to get better. I don’t think any other NESCAC schools are practicing, even though they all have been given permission to hold coach’s practices.
At least one school that I know of (not NESCAC), where they have limited the campus to freshman, first year grads and first year transfers only, is having coached practices with those first year groups only while the upperclassmen, most who live off campus, are organizing themselves off campus for unofficial practices at various fields in the local area.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

lilax wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 pm NESCAC Commits
After a quick twitter/instagram search, here is what is available. I'd imagine with many of the SAT/ACT dates derailed, many of the schools will be holding slots open for recruits who have yet to take tests.

Williams
-Dylan Farley (F/O) Westminster (GA)/LB3
Farley has flipped his commitment to Harvard.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Conn is practicing with coaches starting 10/1
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Saw on the D1 board that Eugene Yoon (Goalie/Lehigh) transferred to Tufts. Smaller but very quick keeper, didn't see the field for Lehigh but had a nice career at Andover. Not sure where he slots on the Jumbos' depth chart this year but he's another strong keeper who should have a full four years of eligibility.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Jon Coffey (Amherst, Attack) listed as a Key Transfer for Duke: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2021/56909

As we all know, Duke has loads of talent returning and coming in via recruiting and transfers. There will be a real logjam to get on the field at attack, but I'd consider simply making the roster to be quite an achievement. Best of luck to him.
baltlaxdad1966

Post by baltlaxdad1966 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:57 am Jon Coffey (Amherst, Attack) listed as a Key Transfer for Duke: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... 2021/56909

As we all know, Duke has loads of talent returning and coming in via recruiting and transfers. There will be a real logjam to get on the field at attack, but I'd consider simply making the roster to be quite an achievement. Best of luck to him.
Career earnings after duke b school going up up up up
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:23 pm Career earnings after duke b school going up up up up
Yeah, between the Lawrenceville, Amherst, and Duke alumni networks I doubt he'll struggle to land job interviews.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:08 pm
baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:23 pm Career earnings after duke b school going up up up up
Yeah, between the Lawrenceville, Amherst, and Duke alumni networks I doubt he'll struggle to land job interviews.
assuming he comes from a wealthy family but that education bill is astronomical!

lawrenceville: 62K a year
amherst: 58K a year
duke: 58 a year
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

NESCAC cancelled all winter sports
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:50 am NESCAC cancelled all winter sports
That sucks. Here's hoping for Spring.

FFS, after returning to NE from FLA last fall, I was really looking forward to catching as many college hockey and lax games (other than Tufts) that I could, including specifically the Hockey East final 4 at TD and NCAA NE regional wherever it was going to be around here last spring. I got to see about 9 Tufts' hockey/lax games and about 8 others in total before it all shut down. I should just go back to FLA dammit.
PicLax

Post by PicLax »

Not surprised that winter sports cancelled seeing as how at least a couple of the schools have actually banned a class or two from from campus and forced them to remote learning this semester. Also believe several schools doing a completely remote January term. Missing a large portion of students for the start of the winter season, and the entire student body in January, writing on the wall for no winter sports. Decision on spring student attendance and any mandates that certain classes remain remote will be the tell-tale for spring sports.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Assuming there is no vaccine, for years, is this the new normal that everyone is willing to accept?

No sports, no clubs, no socializing, 1/2 the kids on campus, etc....

Is there a breaking point with parents or students where they start to pushback with their enrollment or checkbooks?

I’m genuinely interested to know if people are ok with this set up if it still exists a year or two from now....
Unknown Participant

MA Lax Fan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:40 am Assuming there is no vaccine, for years, is this the new normal that everyone is willing to accept?

No sports, no clubs, no socializing, 1/2 the kids on campus, etc....

Is there a breaking point with parents or students where they start to pushback with their enrollment or checkbooks?

I’m genuinely interested to know if people are ok with this set up if it still exists a year or two from now....
Take a look at the 100 or so pages of the china virus thread in "Politics." Basically, the libs (including 100% of Hopkins fans) believe (and want) this to be the new normal for the foreseeable future. And damn any adverse affects it may have on students (from elementary through college), restaurant owners/employees, etc.

I'm sorta' willing to accept it basically for one year max. So it needs to end with spring sports. No way would I be willing to accept it longer. (I think it is much overblown as it is, .... and that it ends with the election.)
ergit

Post by ergit »

... because watching my son play lacrosse is way more important than anything else.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Ergit,

You are entitled to your opinion, I just wonder what your end game is if this carries on for the next 36 months or longer.

Do you think NESCAC sports will just stay in a holding pattern and continue to maintain facilities, pay coaches, AD’s & trainers, for years?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

College football games have been played for the past 4-5 weeks. I don't see piles of dead bodies stacking up in the streets. If you look in the stands, which in many cases are filled with thousands of people, some have masks on some don't. These fans are using the same restrooms and concession stands. The coaches are screaming at the refs while actively pulling their masks down. Players from all parts of the country are sweating all over each other. There have been outbreaks on some teams and campuses but none of these outbreaks, to the best of my knowledge, have caused significant morbidity or mortality. Given all of these observations I don't see any reason why the lacrosse season can't be played safely in the spring of 2021. We all shoud continue to take precautions as we see fit for ourselves and our families, but our society has become so risk adverse it's becoming ridiculous. If you are at high risk protect yourself. Just my opinion, I'm sure some will find it reckless but thats ok.
Unknown Participant

ergit wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:24 pm ... because watching my son play lacrosse is way more important than anything else.
Did I write "watching my son play lacrosse is way more important than anything else?" No. Just shut up.
ergit

Post by ergit »

I just thought it was strange that your patience will run out at the beginning of lacrosse season.
There will be a lacrosse season this spring. I just can’t say that it will include NESCAC.
My son doesn’t play in the conference so on the one hand, it doesn’t matter to me. On the other hand it does matter as playing for a national championship, you want to play the best so a depleted field would suck.
My sons team is practicing 3-4 times a week in an altered format. His school is part in-class and part online and the Covid case load is at around a dozen cases since the term began. Pretty low, all things considered but the school has managed it well in my opinion.
School required a 14 day quarantine for students coming from a ‘hot-spot’ state prior to stepping on campus.
I guess my point is that it can be managed but we shouldn’t dismiss Covid entirely. I do feel for NESCAC athletes and their families as their schools seem less inclined to try to make things work. Keeping my fingers crossed...
TheHeftyLefty

Post by TheHeftyLefty »

Go Bantams
Last edited by TheHeftyLefty on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”