Gaitlax

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Gaitlax

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Just saw on social media that Gaitlax has inked a multi-year deal with the UMD Terps women's lacrosse team as the official equipment supplier. They also have deals with Navy and Louisville. I never thought Maryland would get rid of UA especially after they stepped up their equipment game and came out with the most popular draw head at the D1 level (the Regime) and considering the fact that the founder was an alumnus...interested in hearing your thoughts on the brand, their products, and how they stack up against the competition!

It's been interesting to see the rise/fall and transformations of many brands since the early 2000s like deBeer (those were the days!), Harrow, STX, UA, Brine, Warrior, Epoch, etc.

Feel free to chime in about favorite discontinued products as well! For me, it's got to be most of the deBeer line as well as both first generation Crux models - the 10 degree (which Gait himself designed with STX) & straight shaft model. Honorable mention goes to the Brine Amonte.
shaadb-man

Re: Gaitlax

Post by shaadb-man »

All of the UA schools are going to have to change as UA has left the lacrosse hard goods market on both the mens and womens side (they still make uniforms and of course apparel)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

What's odd to me, but not overly so, is that Gary is the coach at SU and the girls are playing throughout the D1 lacrosse world with Gait sticks/equipment. Just seems odd.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

TL is very concerned that Gary is going to somehow include secret spy cameras or the like in the equipment sold to Maryland.

Just hope that gaitlax has better snow tires than UA did. ;)
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

The rumor is there are other Maryland schools that were UA that are now Gait...but equipment only, still UA clothing and shoes.

I think the UA sticks were really Team 22 (Gait) sticks.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:47 pm The rumor is there are other Maryland schools that were UA that are now Gait...but equipment only, still UA clothing and shoes.

I think the UA sticks were really Team 22 (Gait) sticks.
Just saw that Loyola announced a partnership with Gait.
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

So no more UA sticks. What a bummer. Daughter tested a bunch of the Gaits recently and just didn’t love them.
DMac

Post by DMac »

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/pro/indus ... n-business

I am, and this is right on the money (and I never missed a home game, saw plenty of away games too).
If you’re of a certain age, you remember watching them reinvent lacrosse as college kids who played with unprecedented flair at Syracuse and put pro lacrosse on the map.
Better be careful with this part...see mlax with their bags and sick hold.
“What we wanted to do with the Gait brand is push the envelope, try new technology and create products with truly performance-enhancing features.”
Turtles Lax

Say what?

Post by Turtles Lax »

:shock:

TL is worried nary a bit. :roll:

TL’s Laxchix typically whup Da’Cuse like a rented Tarheel (check the record :lol: ), thus equipment is hardly an issue.

That said, if Gaitlax provides a quality product (they sure will) YOUR University of Maryland Women’s Lacrosse Team will be all in.

Rather doubt a discount will be offered, however. :o

Peace, out.

TL
njbill wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:42 pm TL is very concerned that Gary is going to somehow include secret spy cameras or the like in the equipment sold to Maryland.

Just hope that gaitlax has better snow tires than UA did. ;)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”