Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 am Cradle you're next

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/08/u ... EWTQX4CfLk
C&S is a member of the "Know Nothing" party??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 am

No that's you. :lol: :lol:

He lives in Buffalo I think!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am Is it racist to stand for the national anthem (if it's not now, it won't be long before it is...that is, before it's no longer our national anthem)?
NO!

There are some dimwits who will think it is, they are wrong. They are as wrong as the dimwits who think not standing is unpatriotic. The action or inaction is protected FREE SPEECH.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:18 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:16 am

No that's you. :lol: :lol:

He lives in Buffalo I think!
…. I thought it was Rochester.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:51 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:23 am Each side's view is as important as the other's. I tend to agree with people who are doers, hence Big Dave appeals to guys like me more.
And, not coincidentally, it absolves you of most any responsibility. Racism is real.

Unlike you (?), I don’t see skin color. Which I gather is now racist! :lol:

You’re telling Dmac ‘things need to change’. What things? What do you need to feel better? The nature of argument is, when you claim something as fact, it’s you who needs to defend your claim. I don’t see racism so therefore I don’t see much that needs changing. You see racism everywhere so you want ‘things to change’. Spell out what that is rather than making sweeping declarations. It will be revealing to know what it is you’re actually after.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:31 am
DMac wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am Is it racist to stand for the national anthem (if it's not now, it won't be long before it is...that is, before it's no longer our national anthem)?
NO!

There are some dimwits who will think it is, they are wrong. They are as wrong as the dimwits who think not standing is unpatriotic. The action or inaction is protected FREE SPEECH.
another interesting question you've raised- is racism protected free speech? :mrgreen:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:31 am
NO!

another interesting question you've raised- is racism protected free speech? :mrgreen:
… unfortunately speech, incitement and action based on it, no. But you know this.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i do. just wanted to point out the intersection of two issues that you kindly raised. ;)
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:55 am THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE :roll:

Hope you are doing something about black people being killed! You live in Baltimore, correct? I assume then that you're standing every night somewhere in West or East Baltimore where 90% of black murders occur. Oh, you aren't? Just here with woke virtue signalling individual cases of racism. Gotcha. Also don't call the police, because that's a bad virtue signal! :lol:

BLM organizers in NYC concentrate on painting their name on city streets yet do nothing to help stop the ever-increasing civilian slaughter of mostly Black citizens. Shootings during the first six months of this year are up 46%, and homicides increased more than 20%. Yet BLM’s cries for defunding the police continue, and the mayor’s response was to cut $1 billion from the NYPD budget. The department’s anti-crime unit -- focused on disarming criminals and curbing violent crime in mostly minority neighborhoods -- was disbanded. Sounds like JHU72 thinks this is all perfect!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Hope you are doing something about black people being killed! You live in Baltimore, correct? I assume then that you're standing every night somewhere in West or East Baltimore where 90% of black murders occur. Oh, you aren't? Just here with woke virtue signalling individual cases of racism. Gotcha. Also don't call the police, because that's a bad virtue signal! :lol:

BLM organizers in NYC concentrate on painting their name on city streets yet do nothing to help stop the ever-increasing civilian slaughter of mostly Black citizens. Shootings during the first six months of this year are up 46%, and homicides increased more than 20%. Yet BLM’s cries for defunding the police continue, and the mayor’s response was to cut $1 billion from the NYPD budget. The department’s anti-crime unit -- focused on disarming criminals and curbing violent crime in mostly minority neighborhoods -- was disbanded. Sounds like JHU72 thinks this is all perfect!
… typical, try to move goal posts. :roll:

You realize those clips also showed white citizens being treated badly by the COPS. African American's get the worst of it, but it happens to white people as well as Asians and Hispanics

You're not a racist. :lol: :lol:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:31 pm

You realize those clips also showed white citizens being treated badly by the COPS. African American's get the worst of it, but it happens to white people as well as Asians and Hispanics

The goalposts / change of subject is all BS anyway and a form of Gish Gallop that PB loves to engage in.

Of course there are tons of people are out there are trying to reform police and reduce poverty and violence that accompanies it, which PB ignores. And it seems to be more the middle and left are doing the most, while PB and the far-righties' solution is "have you tried not being poor?" The answer to their question of course is yes, they've been trying for centuries with little success as a group overall due to systemic inequalities.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am Is it racist to stand for the national anthem?
Of course not.
DMac wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am (if it's not now, it won't be long before it is...that is, before it's no longer our national anthem)?
It is now but only by a small minority of people. And the same will most likely be true in the foreseeable future.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 am Unlike you (?), I don’t see skin color...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 pm

The goalposts / change of subject is all BS anyway and a form of Gish Gallop that PB loves to engage in.

Of course there are tons of people are out there are trying to reform police and reduce poverty and violence that accompanies it, which PB ignores. And it seems to be more the middle and left are doing the most, while PB and the far-righties' solution is "have you tried not being poor?" The answer to their question of course is yes, they've been trying for centuries with little success as a group overall due to systemic inequalities.
Gish Gallop, you mean pointless diarrhea of the mouth (or in this case keyboard) ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 pm

Dems: "excessive police force by six cops!!!" = 'defund the police'; Oprah Winfrey worth $3 billion = 'systemic racism'.

Are you guys all there in the head?

I'm starting to think you don't know any successful black people. That might be your problem.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 am (if it's not now, it won't be long before it is...that is, before it's no longer our national anthem)?
It is now but only by a small minority of people. And the same will most likely be true in the foreseeable future.
In the foreseeable future it won't be an issue.
Old glory will likely have a new look for the new song too.
https://www.classicfm.com/discover-musi ... ery-links/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:23 am Each side's view is as important as the other's. I tend to agree with people who are doers, hence Big Dave appeals to guys like me more.
And, not coincidentally, it absolves you of most any responsibility. Racism is real.
🐊🤡

You’re telling Dmac ‘things need to change’. What things? What do you need to feel better? The nature of argument is, when you claim something as fact, it’s you who needs to defend your claim. I don’t see racism so therefore I don’t see much that needs changing. You see racism everywhere so you want ‘things to change’. Spell out what that is rather than making sweeping declarations. It will be revealing to know what it is you’re actually after.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:37 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm If any of you yo-yo’s want to be educated on race in less than 60 seconds, this video is worth your time. Big Dave knows better than any Fanlax Dem.
https://twitter.com/bigdave21420668/sta ... 78018?s=21
Turn it up.
Wow. PB, if you believe this, that is awful.

It’s awful that I believe a black guy?

Is it awful you don’t?

Is it awful you don’t?
🤷‍♀️
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm
🐊🤡

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm If any of you yo-yo’s want to be educated on race in less than 60 seconds, this video is worth your time. Big Dave knows better than any Fanlax Dem.
Turn it up.

Is it awful you don’t?

Is it awful you don’t?
🤷‍♀️

Your powers of observation are amazingly unique.

Black white yellow purple: does not matter to me (nor should it to anyone). Color is used by others, for all the wrong reasons. If you choose to dismiss a guy's comments precisely because he is black (such as what matnum did), that seems racist especially if your entire thesis is the world is racist when the guy who should be harmed by said racism denies your charges.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm
🐊🤡

Turn it up.

Is it awful you don’t?

Is it awful you don’t?
🤷‍♀️

Your powers of observation are amazingly unique.

Black white yellow purple: does not matter to me (nor should it to anyone). Color is used by others, for all the wrong reasons. If you choose to dismiss a guy's comments precisely because he is black (such as what matnum did), that seems racist especially if your entire thesis is the world is racist when the guy who should be harmed by said racism denies your charges.
Many people feel that way that dude feels. He can be wrong too. I believe your guy Kanye mentioned slavery was a choice....Ain’t he black? He must be right. I prefer “success is a choice”. That’s a good motto and there is some truth in it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”