Matnum PI

Re: PLL Catch All

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Big day with the season opening tomorrow.

Could become the most watched game in Lacrosse history
BackItUpLacrosse

Post by BackItUpLacrosse »

We had the chance to sit down with a few PLL guys to talk about the Championship Series. Check out our episodes with Grant Ament(Archers), Joe Nardella(Whipsnakes), John Crawley(Atlas) and Eli Gobrecht(Archers) below. Also check us out on instagram @BackItUpLacrosse and twitter @BckItUpLacrosse for new content as we cover the season and check in with more players next week!

Grant Ament Episode
https://youtu.be/1NHjnjx_0Ss

Joe Nardella Episode
https://youtu.be/7fnduvo9dwE

John Crawley Episode
https://youtu.be/AslouhNHDp0

Eli Gobrecht Episode
https://youtu.be/CWR0j5CaZ9w
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

spartanslynx wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:14 pm Big day with the season opening tomorrow.

Could become the most watched game in Lacrosse history
Main NBC channel, 4 o'clock on a summer Saturday afternoon, certainly sounds like it has the potential to be the most-watched lax game ever. Although this is the first weekend with big-league baseball... I'll be watching NBC, rooting for Ty Warner, his team, Yale no make that the Whippersnappers, no, I mean Whipsnakes.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

What's the PLL Covid Protocol?

Because over in the MLL it just ended 2 teams "seasons". There will still be a "championship" with the remaining 2 teams.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

I don't hate watching MLL and PLL lacrosse. I actually enjoy it. I'm still processing this new me.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

While I've been watching the pro games this past week, my main take-away is that I think a 60 second shot clock is too short and doesn't allow the offenses to get set often enough. I'd like to see the pros adapt the 90 second clock, which I thought worked well in this shortened college season.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

laxjuris wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:21 pm While I've been watching the pro games this past week, my main take-away is that I think a 60 second shot clock is too short and doesn't allow the offenses to get set often enough. I'd like to see the pros adapt the 90 second clock, which I thought worked well in this shortened college season.
Agree with the shot clock. 2nd take away is that they are letting all kinds of wards, slashes and UR go, even though they have an extra official on the field.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Epple playing the heel.
It’s all Marketing and click bait.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Per usual, games at 7 and 9:30 tonight.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Per usual, games at 7 and 9:30 tonight.
Caddy Day
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

In the interest of, well, staying interested, I picked a team to root for.

I went with the Atlas based solely on them having two DIII players from teams I saw many moons ago in the CAC. (Robinson & Hartzell)

Happy and thankful to be watching lacrosse, but the Atlas have been tough to enjoy.

Has anyone picked a team to root for, and if so, based on what?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

.In the interest of, well, staying interested, I picked a team to root for.

I went with the Atlas based solely on them having two DIII players from teams I saw many moons ago in the CAC. (Robinson & Hartzell)

Happy and thankful to be watching lacrosse, but the Atlas have been tough to enjoy.

That's why I'm having a tough time getting into the PLL. They have no home. I'm originally from the Baltimore area so I pull for the Bayhawks in the MLL. Also, like you I'm a D3 fan and there are few in this league. I have become a D3 fan so much so that I am not really familiar with the younger PLL players (the stars). In addition, having watched a couple of the first games, I'm not seeing great lacrosse here because, as mentioned earlier, the shot clock is so short that in crunch time these guys are chucking the ball around, throwing it away, dropping it, etc... Put it at 70 or 80 seconds.

Oh, I understand that there is going to be trash talk but I am not a fan of how it is being promoted by the league as something that should be celebrated.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:55 pmThat's why I'm having a tough time getting into the PLL. They have no home. I'm originally from the Baltimore area so I pull for the Bayhawks in the MLL. Also, like you I'm a D3 fan and there are few in this league. I have become a D3 fan so much so that I am not really familiar with the younger PLL players (the stars). In addition, having watched a couple of the first games, I'm not seeing great lacrosse here because, as mentioned earlier, the shot clock is so short that in crunch time these guys are chucking the ball around, throwing it away, dropping it, etc... Put it at 70 or 80 seconds.

Oh, I understand that there is going to be trash talk but I am not a fan of how it is being promoted by the league as something that should be celebrated.
Yea, in many ways the league (PLL) needs to “find it’s own.” Will it allow mic’d up chirping to delve into public degradation? If so it undoubtedly will be “policed” by the players. And, like the chirps themselves, those enforcing that code will cross the line from time to time.

But all this is to be expected with a new league paired with today’s technology/social media platforms. I want it to succeed.

MLL, I take the Barrage. Matt Whitcher (York), can’t root against him.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm In the interest of, well, staying interested, I picked a team to root for.

I picked Atlas because of the Cornell players on the roster. I've been baffled by their struggles based on the talent on the roster.

My second team is Archers because of a friend of Cornell lacrosse, and a super solid player, Eli Gobrect (former D3 defender of the year) is on the roster.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Carroll81 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm
laxjuris wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:21 pm While I've been watching the pro games this past week, my main take-away is that I think a 60 second shot clock is too short and doesn't allow the offenses to get set often enough. I'd like to see the pros adapt the 90 second clock, which I thought worked well in this shortened college season.
Agree with the shot clock. 2nd take away is that they are letting all kinds of wards, slashes and UR go, even though they have an extra official on the field.
Yes, a lot of wards, which I think is offset to some extent by the permitted slashing. I root for teams with goalies I like, other than whipsnakes. So I root for Atlas and Archers.

I see it sort of like Nascar, which I was a fan of for many years ago in the Marines, you find teams (drivers) you like for whatever reason and root for them, and root against teams or players you don't, e.g. Queener (who I can't stand having coached with him).
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I really like watching lax on a natural-grass field... which outweighs the aesthetics of the 2-point arch. I've been watching the Whipsnakes, initially because of Ty Warner, but I also enjoy watching Bernlohr in goal, a tough D and a team that plays like a team.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

I don't know anything about filming a TV game, but is it better in late afternoon to be facing towards or away from the Sun? And if it is the latter, how f'n stupid is it to be facing the Sun when each game over a 2-week period is facing the Sun? As a viewer some plays in the pll are washed out by the Sun. But maybe it doesn't matter, IDK?

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”