Division II maximum number of games-20-21'.

D2 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Division II maximum number of games-20-21'.

Post by Bart »

NCAA Division II Management Council recommended Friday that the maximum number of games for Women's lacrosse be decreased from 17 to 13.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... ms-2020-21\

Division II Presidents Council meets Tuesday to make the final decision.
spartanslynx

Re: Division II maximum number of games-20-21'.

Post by spartanslynx »

Some really big news. Let's hear what they say thursday
Bart

Post by Bart »

spartanslynx wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:48 am Some really big news. Let's hear what they say thursday
Reading this part of the realease:

"The Management Council also considered the results of a Division II membership survey, specific to reducing maximums, that 435 division leaders responded to earlier this week. The survey was taken by 258 athletics directors, 154 presidents and chancellors, and 23 conference commissioners. Roughly 85% of the survey respondents said they supported some form of reduction to the maximum permissible contests for the 2020-21 academic year."

With 85% of those surveyed supporting some type or reduction I would be amazed if this was not approved. Also, if this large a group supports this type of legislation it appears that there are more than a few schools that will be struggling to support their athletic teams. I hate to see this happen but 13 games certainly is better than 0 games.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

[/quote]
With 85% of those surveyed supporting some type or reduction I would be amazed if this was not approved. Also, if this large a group supports this type of legislation it appears that there are more than a few schools that will be struggling to support their athletic teams. I hate to see this happen but 13 games certainly is better than 0 games.
[/quote]

Agreed. And this is not only for DII wlax.
Let's see if other divisions make similar moves
Bart

Post by Bart »

spartanslynx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:05 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Legislation Passed for 20-21'

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... ivision=d2
Bart

Post by Bart »

Bart wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:29 pm
spartanslynx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:05 am
[/quote]

Legislation Passed for 20-21'

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... ivision=d2
[/quote]

I noticed that both men's and women's lacrosse has the maximum limit as 13 dates not 13 contests. Could teams pull a Syracuse and play more than one game on a single date? What if several teams got together and played "round robin"? For sports like baseball and softball they specifically say contests, my guess is because they play more then one on a given date regularly. They say the same for Hockey which I do not think routinely play more than a single game in a day.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”