Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:27 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:39 am The horror...gun owners need to be licensed and pass safety tests, guns must be registered and stored safely...oh the horror!

Aren't you the same guy who says 'no one reads links'? :lol: Did you read the links?

Justin wants to make it even harder to have a gun in Canada. The italicized quote is the current law, not the proposed law. Justin is gonna disarm the population.

Now when you live in a sparsely populated area like Nova Scotia and some murderer dressed up in a fake Mountie outfit tries to gun your family down, I guess MD just thinks you ought to get on your knees and die...
:lol: :roll: No I said you should actually read the articles you post. Same for me, obviously if I link an article.

Sure, Trudeau wants to outlaw assault weapons. Just like New Zealand recently did. They've had a heck of a shock, just as did NZ, and Trudeau sees public opinion as being open to that change in its wake. He could be correct.

I agree, assault weapons should be privately used only in regulated gun ranges. No problem with that.

I'm a gun owner, a hunter, and like most gun owners I see no valid benefit in having assault weapons in every Tom, Dick, Harry, and Sally's home. I also see no issue with having gun owners pass safety tests and be certified as not whack jobs or criminals dangerous to themselves and others. Most of us will have no problem with that hurdle. I do worry about those who can't.

I am actually quite a big supporter of common sense gun regulation, but my radar is always tuned high when Democrats start getting in on the action. Mostly because a majority of Democrats now want to repeal the #2A. That's a story for another day though.

What is probably more relevant here for Canada is this: No law could have stopped a madman with that level of determination and resources.
It appears so far as if he used the deceased Mountie's gun for most of the gunshot killing.
A majority of Dems want to repeal the 2nd Amendment???
Citation on that whopper of a troll?

Are there Democrats in Canada now?

I'm off, but not by much. 34% of Dems want to fully do away with the 2nd Amendment; that number is growing fast.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... ult_rifles

meanwhile, the thought leaders of the D's are inching ever so closer.

https://www.thenation.com/article/archi ... n-control/

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 787e9.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:13 am Repeal isn’t necessary. Just overrule Heller, which was wrongly decided.
Yup.

The 2nd amendment should stand.
DocBarrister

Canada Bans Assault Rifles

Post by DocBarrister »

Canada did the right thing by banning assault rifles. I’m worried many of those Canadian guns will make their way to the U.S. They should be destroyed instead.

If only the Party of Death would get out of the way, Democrats could pass similar legislation in the U.S. and save many lives.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday announced an immediate ban in Canada on assault-style weapons.

Trudeau cited numerous mass shootings in the country, including the rampage in which a gunman killed 23 people in Nova Scotia in April. Trudeau described it as "the deadliest rampage in our country's history."

"Canadians deserve more than thoughts and prayers,” Trudeau said.

Mass shootings are relatively rare in Canada, which has tighter gun control laws than the United States.

Trudeau announced the ban of more than 1,500 models and variants of assault-style firearms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ju ... s-n1198046

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

In the past, this kind of thing invited gun control legislation from Republicans. Like Reagan did...

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

‘A Start Towards Victory’: Gregory and Travis McMichael Charged With Murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Redneck dirtbag vigilantes may be headed up river after GIA arrest...who's going to stand up and defend them? Let me guess...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:33 am ‘A Start Towards Victory’: Gregory and Travis McMichael Charged With Murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Redneck dirtbag vigilantes may be headed up river after GIA arrest...who's going to stand up and defend them? Let me guess...

I was looking for these posts yesterday, and of course here comes dislaxx with the most predictable take of all time. :lol:

Why bother with a trial, dis? Just go ahead and execute the guys. :roll:

You see, Democrats can no longer distinguish between defending due process from defending a person, which is why many Democrats should never serve on juries anymore. Any means justify the end. To heck with due process. Guilty before being proven guilty! (unless of course you're a Democrat running for POTUS)
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Right on cue. You took that bait hook and ran it to the end of the reel. Dis said nothing about skipping due process. :lol:

Where was the due process for Arbery?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:52 am Right on cue. You took that bait hook and ran it to the end of the reel. Dis said nothing about skipping due process. :lol:

‘Did said nothing about skipping due process’ but also called two people who’ve not had their day in court “dirtbag vigilantes”. I guess I could be excused for thinking Dis had already decided their fate. Silly me!!!

(the above is Democratic lunacy in real time)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:06 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:52 am Right on cue. You took that bait hook and ran it to the end of the reel. Dis said nothing about skipping due process. :lol:

‘Did said nothing about skipping due process’ but also called two people who’ve not had their day in court “dirtbag vigilantes”. I guess I could be excused for thinking Dis had already decided their fate. Silly me!!!

Dumbing down every discussion, one post at a time.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:09 am

I say that about Democrats every day. Thank you for agreeing!
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:06 am‘Did said nothing about skipping due process’ but also called two people who’ve not had their day in court “dirtbag vigilantes”. I guess I could be excused for thinking Dis had already decided their fate. Silly me!!!

He's entitled to his own opinion of those guys but he didn't say anything about deciding their legal fate. You spout off nonsensical opinions and label groups and individuals all the time, and that's your right as an American. The hypocrisy is astounding.

What is your opinion on the actual facts of the case as we know them?
Last edited by holmes435 on Fri May 08, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 am

You're a lot like a middle schooler. Tough age.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 am

So self-referential.

If you see someone grab a purse from a woman on the street and then runs away - yelling "Stop, thief" is perfectly appropriate. Yes it is only an opinion, but a somewhat informed opinion. So is the idea of calling them "dirtbag vigilantes" - as that is certainly what they appear to be, having attempted to intervene in the practice of policing rather than just video the guy and call it in.

And Dis made it clear they deserved a trial. I think what he has decided is the evidence may decide their fate...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:06 am‘Did said nothing about skipping due process’ but also called two people who’ve not had their day in court “dirtbag vigilantes”. I guess I could be excused for thinking Dis had already decided their fate. Silly me!!!

He's entitled to his own opinion of those guys but he didn't say anything about deciding their legal fate. You spout off nonsensical opinions and label groups and individuals all the time, and that's your right as an American. The hypocrisy is astounding.

What is your opinion on the actual facts of the case as we know them?

My opinion is I don’t know the facts. I’ll wait for the trial.

Were we all so balanced. I know, very difficult when the narrative is so perfect. If you try though, you might pull it off.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 amYou see, Democrats can no longer distinguish between defending due process from defending a person, which is why many Democrats should never serve on juries anymore. Any means justify the end. To heck with due process. Guilty before being proven guilty! (unless of course you're a Democrat running for POTUS)
You constantly veer into Bandidiot territory Petey with the broad stroke bromides...are you perhaps his gay lover? Not that there's anything wrong with that, you know, us libs are all about inclusiveness and diversity... :D

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:34 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 amYou see, Democrats can no longer distinguish between defending due process from defending a person, which is why many Democrats should never serve on juries anymore. Any means justify the end. To heck with due process. Guilty before being proven guilty! (unless of course you're a Democrat running for POTUS)
You constantly veer into Bandidiot territory Petey with the broad stroke bromides...are you perhaps his gay lover? Not that there's anything wrong with that, you know, us libs are all about inclusiveness and diversity... :D

Look, I'm never offended, especially online. But for your own benefit, you should really remove your post.

Again and to be perfectly clear, I'm not offended, but direct homophobic slurs are a clear tell on what the writer truly is about; it's best to disguise that when you're online, no matter how difficult that can be. You really don't know if someone is gay here, and direct (and even indirect) gay ad hominem is really the weakest insult there is.

Your call, but it's really not a good look. Defend your posts and your philosophy, but don't veer into direct personal insults.

That is my free lesson of the day to the Democrats on this board.

Gracias.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Nah, a simple reference to how much you sound like him, you may spend a LOT of time near our flame-throwing friend...which is fine. I'm comfortable in my skin and firmly in the 21st century. Even in your reality TV admonition, you find time to stick an eye into those that don't share your ideological underpinnings...also OK. See?

laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Americans grappling with the rapidly-spreading coronavirus purchased more guns last month than at any other point since the FBI began collecting data over 20 years ago.

"The FBI conducted 3.7m background checks in March 2020, the highest total since the instant background check programme began in 1998.

The figure represents an increase of 1.1m over March 2019.

On 21 March alone, 210,000 checks were done, the largest one-day record ever.

According to US media, the FBI data indicates that over two million guns were purchased in March alone.

Illinois led with nearly a half million sales, followed by Texas, Kentucky, Florida, and California.

Gun shops across the country report that they are unable to re-stock shelves quickly enough to cope with the rush."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52189349
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

holmes435 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:09 am In the past, this kind of thing invited gun control legislation from Republicans. Like Reagan did...

Nobody cares about 50 years ago, well, except the race baiters. But it's funny that they are just large rifles and not evil assault weapons in the article. Hmmm, wonder what her thoughts and votes are on such firearms?

all are welcome, but we know that racist Ralph Northam would want all the non whites below disarmed.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Anyone still against AR-15's after last night? I'd be curious to see you defend that stance.

(If you are, I'm guessing you're purposely avoiding the television today to avoid video of the marauding nihilists in various American cities last night)

Return to “POLITICS”