New England West 2021

HS Boys Lacrosse
b1w7o9y7h

Re: New England West 2020

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

The first person to name the holdout school I will pay for their first born child's Ivy League education, and throw in a new Jeep Cherokee for Freshman year!

Jeepers, the CIA isn't this cryptic! :D
Bonkboo

Post by Bonkboo »

I’m gonna go with Loomis.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

when my son played it seemed like Deerfield was the holdout. The story was that Deerfield didn't want to lose its rivalry game with Phillips Exeter which was a long standing game with deep tradition. If that the case I get it but a playoff held at a neutral site could be a major benefit to the entire league as a showcase as well as a huge potential fundraiser that could benefit some worthwhile charity. If you charged $5 or $10 per head and donated proceeds it could be a great day, even include the lower levels of NE West and make it all lacrosse all day.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Lawrenceville just landed a big fish: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... sner/56378. One would expect the level of what's already a strong program to rise, which should make it a much more attractive OOC opponent for NEW1 and many other teams.
Finish Strong
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

No fall sports for Founder’s League: https://www.thefoundersleague.org/page/2697
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

All of the usual caveats about summer ball are magnified even more during this crazy time but some impressive results to date from West-1 teams down at the NHSLS.

Deerfield 8-0- Champs of first session, beating Westy in the finals, had their one and only practice of 2020 just before playing 5 games in 2 days (1 win by forfeit), 2-0 so far in session 2
Westminster 3-3- 2 losses to Deerfield, made finals of session 1
Taft 3-0- Undefeated on day 1 of session 2 with wins over Boys Latin, Mcdonogh and Spalding from the MIAA

Huge game tonight with Deerfield vs Calvert Hall. Given how good the Hall is and, especially, seeing as this is Deerfield's 8th game in 3 days (I know a few of the players didn't play least session), I have to think the streak ends but a tremendous showing against great competition so far for teams that literally never practiced together (most of these other teams had at least a month of practices and actual games).
grelch

Post by grelch »

Watching some of this NHSLS has been bittersweet. It's been fun to see the kids play, but can't help but think as fans we missed some great games this year in the league. It promised to be such a strong year. I feel for the kids who didn't get the chance to play their senior year.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Taft running away and... We needed a spring HS season... This is summer ball.
https://twitter.com/NHSLS2020
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:51 pm Taft running away and... We needed a spring HS season... This is summer ball.
https://twitter.com/NHSLS2020
Know if NHSLS avail on youtube or other media?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Was on ESPNU.
Caddy Day
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 pm Was on ESPNU.
Thx, I have the replay on espn+
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This Taft team sounds very good...
Caddy Day
TotoketLax

Post by TotoketLax »

Th Founders League apparently just voted to cancel all Winter sports competition. Announcement on FL website.

Pretty rough. They really need to make a way for a Spring season to happen. CAN’T be 2 years without Spring season.
Ddw1

Post by Ddw1 »

However, with regard to the Winter season, although the FL has cancelled all formally sanctioned games, FL teams can still arrange for games against one another and other teams -- that is not prohibited, and there are a number of schools interested in doing do for hockey and basketball. There is also talk of having some very late Fall football games -- maybe one or two for some schools. Of course, depending on what happens with COVID 19 cases in the next couple of weeks, all of these possibilities could be scrapped instantaneously. However, there is still some hope for Winter, and lots very guarded optimism for Spring; so stay tuned!
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Interesting highlights here of Taft having a fall scrimmage against the Madlax club team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx4RAD9zbq8

It'll be an interesting spring season if it happens. Without football lot of NEPSAC schools were able to have de facto fallball with a large number of their players. Should help teams hit the ground running in March or April.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

How can the NEWest schools cancel sport seasons but then allow the lax team to travel & play outside of the season?

They either take the virus seriously or they don’t.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

I think it's awesome that these boys had the opportunity to go play a competitive game and get better... good for Taft for providing this opportunity and Madlax for providing the opportunity for their players. I'm sure every parent and player had the option and opportunity to NOT play (and not have their child play) without jeopardizing their standing on the team. So if your child was on one of these teams and you believed there was a health risk to your child or anyone they would be in contact with prior to quarantining and getting tested then you had the choice to not have them play... pretty straight forward. And if your health is at risk, make sure you aren't in contact with anyone you don't fully trust or know their travel patterns.

Looking forward to a 2021 season!
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

But why all the theater of plexiglass surrounding every desk, dining halls 1/3 capacity, all sports canceled, etc.... If schools are that concerned about the virus and it’s potential to kill people, why allow kids off campus to co mingle with kids from out of state?

I think Taft and others look incredibly hypocritical when they implement these protocols on campus “to save lives” but then dismiss those same restrictions arbitrarily to play lacrosse.

I support Spring lax this season just not the double speak from the same people telling my kid to wear a mask when walking alone in the woods.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:20 pm But why all the theater of plexiglass surrounding every desk, dining halls 1/3 capacity, all sports canceled, etc.... If schools are that concerned about the virus and it’s potential to kill people, why allow kids off campus to co mingle with kids from out of state?

I think Taft and others look incredibly hypocritical when they implement these protocols on campus “to save lives” but then dismiss those same restrictions arbitrarily to play lacrosse.

I support Spring lax this season just not the double speak from the same people telling my kid to wear a mask when walking alone in the woods.
I am not speaking from authority here. But:

- I've traveled to officiate LOTS of lacrosse tournaments.

- Most of the teams (obviously) have not practiced together. The 'national' teams are particularly disjointed.

- Taft 2021 is a school team that has never played together as a school team. But they really want to be a team, and they play together as if they've been on the field together since middle school, and tournaments are pretty responsible about covid, and......money. MadLax apparently had money as well. It's their commissioned video we saw.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”