All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 pm I’m a right wing delusional? Damn I get accused By Cradle, OS and Peter Brown-eye of being something liberal pole smoker and now you’re weak sauce is coming my way?

You’re a Fng clown. You just complain like a little baby. You give reasonable discourse as bad of a name as bandito. Same dump just other side.

How about you man up and stand on your own two feet instead of being a whiny gimp who has to say “he did it first” like a dumbass pre school girl? That’s some gilded soft stuff.

Talk talk talk. I doubt you are anything but a fragilista who claims others as your own.
Excuse me ? Plz show a post where I accused you of anything ?
You are correct. Have a handful of the cohort who’s ride or die with our president that have thrown me in that bucket and was just pulling names to make a point that these boards are so “side oriented” that even people trying to have a real conversation get segmented into a group. There’s a reason I tell people I’m a registered republican, don’t believe in any labels and prefer to take each isuue independently but if one wanted to segment me I’m probably closest to a libertarian. I can’t stand folks lining me up as monolithic with one “side” or another. Makes me want to puke.

But your reply here is more emotional than 250 posts on issues you’ve vehemently held your ground on. How’s you get so uptight about this and play the semantics games I see you play in defending a specific side so frequently?

Nonetheless I apologize for throwing your name in there, my point is i can’t even make a point on various issues without clowns on both sides who type nonsense accusing me of being one thing or another.

Better?
In so many words what you are telling us all is that you have a superiority complex to all of us lowly peons. Read you Lima Charlie there big dog. How is the air way up there where you are perched on your ivory tower of elitism? Does your chit stink or is the aroma more of roses in bloom? Sorry our ignorance is sooooooooooooo very beneath your level. :roll:
Didn't get those two cups of coffee yet? Not what I'm saying at all. I just don't believe in pigeonholing people on worldviews. It's the same argument you've made a hundred times about yourself, so you'd be on the exact same perch with me if that's what you think I was saying.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:50 pm I’m a right wing delusional? Damn I get accused By Cradle, OS and Peter Brown-eye of being something liberal pole smoker and now you’re weak sauce is coming my way?

You’re a Fng clown. You just complain like a little baby. You give reasonable discourse as bad of a name as bandito. Same dump just other side.

How about you man up and stand on your own two feet instead of being a whiny gimp who has to say “he did it first” like a dumbass pre school girl? That’s some gilded soft stuff.

Talk talk talk. I doubt you are anything but a fragilista who claims others as your own.
Excuse me ? Plz show a post where I accused you of anything ?
You are correct. Have a handful of the cohort who’s ride or die with our president that have thrown me in that bucket and was just pulling names to make a point that these boards are so “side oriented” that even people trying to have a real conversation get segmented into a group. There’s a reason I tell people I’m a registered republican, don’t believe in any labels and prefer to take each isuue independently but if one wanted to segment me I’m probably closest to a libertarian. I can’t stand folks lining me up as monolithic with one “side” or another. Makes me want to puke.

But your reply here is more emotional than 250 posts on issues you’ve vehemently held your ground on. How’s you get so uptight about this and play the semantics games I see you play in defending a specific side so frequently?

Nonetheless I apologize for throwing your name in there, my point is i can’t even make a point on various issues without clowns on both sides who type nonsense accusing me of being one thing or another.

Better?
No apology necessary. Is asking "excuse me " emotional ?

We all " ride or die " with our President, not just this one. That's my point.
I don't have to like him to not want to see him fall off the horse.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Funny how you second-guessed Obama who occupied the same position almost daily for eight years and never mentioned any of this falling off a horsesh*t like the kind you parade around now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I'm past believing in redemption on that part.

I read excuse me ? As indignant. Why in person conversations are so much better than this mess in general. And even better with some schwill, up to a point...
See Martin, Malcolm
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... d-and-silk

Tragic news. Diamond & Silk out at Fox for acting like Trump.

And oh yeah, Trump wants schools open because "young people seem to do very well." Too bad about their parents and teachers.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 pm Funny how you second-guessed Obama who occupied the same position almost daily for eight years and never mentioned any of this falling off a horsesh*t like the kind you parade around now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cite one example of when I ever personally defamed or demeaned Obama, questioned his intellect, patriotism, honesty or good intentions.

I often questioned his decisions & policies, based on honest disagreements, but I admired him personally, & repeatedly said so.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The lax game better start soon.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

sweet. looks like we'll be able to test 0.6% of the population per week starting next week.
i am feeling better about testing and the contact tracing and tests that we'll need to support the positive tests that come back.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 pm Funny how you second-guessed Obama who occupied the same position almost daily for eight years and never mentioned any of this falling off a horsesh*t like the kind you parade around now. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cite one example of when I ever personally defamed or demeaned Obama, questioned his intellect, patriotism, honesty or good intentions.

I often questioned his decisions & policies, based on honest disagreements, but I admired him personally, & repeatedly said so.
:(

# Defending Trump is a Choice
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Golf begins again Wednesday in S Florida with major restrictions. I’m a walker anyway, so this is great news. Legal Weed delivery continues uninterrupted. The number of infections is still climbing.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Good news! From the state of this thread, and all the bitc*ing going on, we must be coming out of the crisis? We were all in it together, for about two weeks ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:41 pmDidn't get those two cups of coffee yet? Not what I'm saying at all. I just don't believe in pigeonholing people on worldviews.
Sounds like "pigeonholing" to me...no?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Except he acknowledged it earlier today. So, as Degeneration X used to profess- Suck it!
See Martin, Malcolm
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The number of infections increasing is not good news. But I’m selfishly glad I can golf.
Oh yeah, Trump ignored dozens of briefings in January and February. He Doesn’t read the PDB.
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm Except he acknowledged it earlier today. So, as Degeneration X used to profess- Suck it!
Lordy farfrom, take a valium.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Imagine the Benghazi hearings, but with hundreds of examples of the Obama Administration repeatedly ignoring pleas for help over the course of 70 days.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jeezus, you mother f'ers are off the hook
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:02 pm Except he acknowledged it earlier today. So, as Degeneration X used to profess- Suck it!
Lordy farfrom, take a valium.
Cool
See Martin, Malcolm
ggait

Post by ggait »

maybe models will win out. from what i've been witnessing, i'd really like to see how they come up with u.s @ 60 some thousand deaths (we are at 56k +) and sweden @ 9,000 (they are at 2 k +) given that we both have largely flatlined for weeks.
i'm sure they have a great explanation, but i'd love to hear it.
A big part of the UW projections are the assumptions around how/when various SD measures are implemented. My hunch is that their model/scorecard may not have enough nuance to properly account for the Swedish approach -- i.e. many things there are recommended rather than mandated; some schools closed other schools stayed open, etc. etc.

So the horrible UW projection for Sweden may reflect an imprecise scoring that they have been a lot more open than in fact is the case on the ground. I'd agree that them getting to 10,000 deaths from the current 2,300 is hard to see. More likely is that their death toll continues to run at 3-6X of their Nordic peer countries.

FYI, UW's projection for the USA is up to 68k.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Can someone confirm that we have had 50,000 deaths in one month.

Edit: on March 31, we had 5,151 deaths. We have added 50,000 and the month isn’t over. Just like the flu.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”