Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 am Did you read part of what you quoted? He literally states that he was willing to defend Kavanaughs past indiscretions had of behaved better during confirmation and acknowledged less than stellar behavior when younger.

Literally not that far up in what you quoted.
I read what he said. He also has spent alot of time on the bandwagon that believed Kavanaugh was guilty of sexually assaulting a woman who could not remember anything about the assault except that it was Kavanaugh that did it. He never gave him the benefit of the doubt. Guilty until proven innocent. Was there ever a time in Teddies life where he tried to redeem himself from a lifetime of bad behavior? He was the Lion of the Senate. In the eyes of the judgmental FLP folks around here, there was never redemption for Kavanaugh the pig that he was. I call call that a double standard. If you can explain the hypocrisy on this issue I am glad to hear it. I only hope you don't start with "you know Kennedy is dead" :roll:
Actually I agree as to the hypocrisy of those who rip Kav but give Kennedy a pass (if/when there are any who actually do give him a pass).

I don't give either a pass for their flaws and mistakes, but I do see each as having other character virtues worth recognizing as well. Particularly as they matured.

Yes, I do believe that Kav drunkenly made mistakes early in his life. I also find compelling his more mature behaviors with women.

When I point out that Trump's flaws are far more numerous and run throughout every aspect of his life, and throughout his life, that flips people out. I simply have difficulty finding ANY character aspects of Trump worthy of respect.

Others don't see it that way, which is their right.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MD, again, showing his Democratic skin.

What 'good legislative work' did Ted Kennedy do? Every useless piece of legislation passed or proposed by Ted was one more charge on the guv credit card.

Here is the hard stop: when you kill someone and run from the scene of the crime, guess what, you don't get a pass. You attend a local penitentiary.

And if you are fortunate to get out before you die, then do something valuable like start a company and change people's lives, or go work for someone else and increase value for someone else, or barring all that, go work at a charity. What you don't do is layer on more suffocating legislation. America had enough laws on the books 50 years ago. Every law passed since was a woke knee-bend to the mob, to keep them from invading doer's homes.

Guess what, the doers are getting tired of carrying Democrats. You see that every day with moves out of CA, NY, NJ, CT, and IL. You are even seeing people abandon the US. Stop with the nonsense of stroking Ted's legacy like he had any value; he was a net thief, especially to the Kopechne's, no matter how much coin the Kennedy Trust paid their family to keep quiet.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 am Did you read part of what you quoted? He literally states that he was willing to defend Kavanaughs past indiscretions had of behaved better during confirmation and acknowledged less than stellar behavior when younger.

I read what he said. He also has spent alot of time on the bandwagon that believed Kavanaugh was guilty of sexually assaulting a woman who could not remember anything about the assault except that it was Kavanaugh that did it. He never gave him the benefit of the doubt. Guilty until proven innocent. Was there ever a time in Teddies life where he tried to redeem himself from a lifetime of bad behavior? He was the Lion of the Senate. In the eyes of the judgmental FLP folks around here, there was never redemption for Kavanaugh the pig that he was. I call call that a double standard. If you can explain the hypocrisy on this issue I am glad to hear it. I only hope you don't start with "you know Kennedy is dead" :roll:
Actually I agree as to the hypocrisy of those who rip Kav but give Kennedy a pass (if/when there are any who actually do give him a pass).

I don't give either a pass for their flaws and mistakes, but I do see each as having other character virtues worth recognizing as well. Particularly as they matured.

Yes, I do believe that Kav drunkenly made mistakes early in his life. I also find compelling his more mature behaviors with women.

When I point out that Trump's flaws are far more numerous and run throughout every aspect of his life, and throughout his life, that flips people out. I simply have difficulty finding ANY character aspects of Trump worthy of respect.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... n-die.html When I read this article it is amazing the similarities between Teddy and Donald. The only thing Trump lacks is being a chronic alcoholic. I never knew Teddy was thrown out of Haaavhad for cheating on a test. You talk about laying the groundwork for a successful career in politics. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:32 am

What 'good legislative work' did Ted Kennedy do? Every useless piece of legislation passed or proposed by Ted was one more charge on the guv credit card.

Here is the hard stop: when you kill someone and run from the scene of the crime, guess what, you don't get a pass. You attend a local penitentiary.

- guv credit card?

The military industrial complex's corporate welfare neatly fits that bill as well.

- penitentiary?

That's where Bush belongs for his lies about imaginary WMD. See The Downing Street Memo.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:48 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... n-die.html When I read this article it is amazing the similarities between Teddy and Donald. The only thing Trump lacks is being a chronic alcoholic. I never knew Teddy was thrown out of Haaavhad for cheating on a test. You talk about laying the groundwork for a successful career in politics. :roll:
Yes, I knew all this about Ted Kennedy.
Yes, Trump apparently doesn't drink...we don't know whether he uses some sort of other drug though, certainly it's been suspected. But not alcohol.
You may note that many of Ted's issues revolved around his drinking, maybe some self loathing as well but that's armchair psychology.

So, what we may be saying is that Trump makes all his dishonest and venal choices throughout his life cold sober?

I realize that his fans would say that he does some good for others with his policies...but throughout his life what has he EVER done for others, for society, that was not actually to benefit himself? He built an ice rink?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh Trump definitely gets down with the YaYo. “Hanging our with Charlie”. “Sucking up the booger sugar”.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:48 am

Yes, I knew all this about Ted Kennedy.
Yes, Trump apparently doesn't drink...we don't know whether he uses some sort of other drug though, certainly it's been suspected. But not alcohol.
You may note that many of Ted's issues revolved around his drinking, maybe some self loathing as well but that's armchair psychology.

So, what we may be saying is that Trump makes all his dishonest and venal choices throughout his life cold sober?

I realize that his fans would say that he does some good for others with his policies...but throughout his life what has he EVER done for others, for society, that was not actually to benefit himself? He built an ice rink?
I still stick by my analogy. Trump and Teddy are two very similar types of people. Trump just is not the drunk that Teddy was. I hope that years from now history will judge each person with equal scorn for being rotten people who on rare occasions did good things.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Many similarities but I don’t remember Teddy as a fountain of self-pity.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 am Many similarities but I don’t remember Teddy as a fountain of self-pity.
Yeah and do let us know the "good" things Trump has done in his life for anyone other than himself or for his own benefit.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 am Many similarities but I don’t remember Teddy as a fountain of self-pity.
I doubt he was ever sober long enough to feel self pity.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

SNL once called Teddy the Last 65 year-old to go on Spring Break.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Anyone interested in seeing a typical liberal woman from the Northeast, and how they act during a lockdown?

Here comes Nicole Griggs, a public school teacher from Trenton NJ (almost 110% assuredly a Democrat lest you have any doubt) yelling at some young boys playing football outside.

Let me offer a few descriptions of Nicole:

snitchy
hall monitor
sanctimonious
hate-filled
authoritarian
lifelessly sexless

How do you fella's put up with this kind of woman? :lol:

https://www.trentonian.com/news/hamilto ... 8dffd.html
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The funniest part of this photo is she'd take the job if offered! :lol: :lol:

Kim Jong Hil.JPG
Kim Jong Hil.JPG (90.43 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:16 am Anyone interested in seeing a typical liberal woman from the Northeast, and how they act during a lockdown?

Here comes Nicole Griggs, a public school teacher from Trenton NJ (almost 110% assuredly a Democrat lest you have any doubt) yelling at some young boys playing football outside.

snitchy
hall monitor
sanctimonious
hate-filled
authoritarian
lifelessly sexless

Uh-oh Petey. Does this video tell the whole story, or just part of the story?

Didn't take you long to pull a Covington HS, now did it? ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:16 am Anyone interested in seeing a typical liberal woman from the Northeast, and how they act during a lockdown?

snitchy
hall monitor
sanctimonious
hate-filled
authoritarian
lifelessly sexless

Uh-oh Petey. Does this video tell the whole story, or just part of the story?

Didn't take you long to pull a Covington HS, now did it? ;)

I don't know, perhaps...the video shows her clearly saying to a group of teenagers "I hope you die a long painful death". Is there context that the world is missing but you know of? :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... virus.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:21 pmI don't know, perhaps...the video shows her clearly saying to a group of teenagers "I hope you die a long painful death". Is there context that the world is missing but you know of? :lol:
You don't know the context, buddy...that's the whole point.

What's more? You don't CARE what the context is.

This is the EXACT thing you complained about with the Covington story...and all media bias, remember?

Pot. Kettle. You just can't help yourself.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:21 pmI don't know, perhaps...the video shows her clearly saying to a group of teenagers "I hope you die a long painful death". Is there context that the world is missing but you know of? :lol:
You don't know the context, buddy...that's the whole point.

What's more? You don't CARE what the context is.

This is the EXACT thing you complained about with the Covington story...and all media bias, remember?

Pot. Kettle. You just can't help yourself.

Uhhh, no. The world was misled on Covington because there was a much longer video which showed Sandman was actually trying to help diffuse the situation. Is there a longer video here? All I see is a rabidly hateful leftists telling a bunch of boys, none of whom risk even a percent of being harmed by Covid, that she hopes they all die a long painful death.

Help me out and explain the context that might make me hate her less. Thx!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 pm Uhhh, no. The world was misled on Covington because there was a much longer video which showed Sandman was actually trying to help diffuse the situation.
You still don't get it.

What if that longer video didn't exist for the Covington? Now what?

The point you seem to be missing, and I can't fathom why, is that all news is biased and wholly dependent on perspective. What you, Trump, and FoxNation have been selling for the last 20 years....and especially the last 3 years.... is that media bias was "invented" about a week ago.

And that this bias didn't exist in America in the 50's, 60's, etc.

This is laughable, of course.

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 pm Is there a longer video here? All I see is a rabidly hateful leftists telling a bunch of boys, none of whom risk even a percent of being harmed by Covid, that she hopes they all die a long painful death.
Did they say anything to her first?

YOU DON'T KNOW. Get it?

I can't believe I have to explain this to you......the king of complaining about media bias, and only getting half of a story doesn't get it......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:05 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 pm Uhhh, no. The world was misled on Covington because there was a much longer video which showed Sandman was actually trying to help diffuse the situation.
You still don't get it.

What if that longer video didn't exist for the Covington? Now what?

The point you seem to be missing, and I can't fathom why, is that all news is biased and wholly dependent on perspective. What you, Trump, and FoxNation have been selling for the last 20 years....and especially the last 3 years.... is that media bias was "invented" about a week ago.

And that this bias didn't exist in America in the 50's, 60's, etc.

This is laughable, of course.

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 pm Is there a longer video here? All I see is a rabidly hateful leftists telling a bunch of boys, none of whom risk even a percent of being harmed by Covid, that she hopes they all die a long painful death.
Did they say anything to her first?

YOU DON'T KNOW. Get it?

I can't believe I have to explain this to you......the king of complaining about media bias, and only getting half of a story doesn't get it......

a fan, I woke up today anxious to read the broader context of one Nicole Griggs.

I simply can not locate that broader context story, 24 hours later. You implied that surely there is broader context.

Would you please find that story and post so the board can have a more open mind before a simpleton like me simply avers that the typical northeast female liberal public school teacher is a rather wretched figure as embodied by Ms. Griggs? I want to be sure before saying so again. Thanks!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:08 am I simply can not locate that broader context story, 24 hours later. You implied that surely there is broader context.
That's not what I implied at all...you're not paying attention. I'm not implying anything: i'm TELLING you that YOU DON'T KNOW if there is a broader context or not. And because it's a nothing-story, what reporter would bother following up to see if there was a broader context? Or in the case of the Covington case...having Daddy hire a lawyer because someone got the story "wrong", not knowing there was a second video.

So what I am telling you, for the third time, is that you are making the EXACT same assumption that those who went after those Covington boys did.

-do the kids and this lady have a history? You don't know.
-did the kids say something that provoked her right before the kids turned their phone-video on? You don't know.

You simply don't know. THAT is my point.

Return to “POLITICS”