Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Orange Duce

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:29 pm Many people say that this "sounds interesting to me".

Randy is a master of working with the lunacy that o d generates.

A SPOONFUL OF CLOROX - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDPzbLFeP4

Deplorables, please don't drink bleach!
Perfectly fitting.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:04 pm Kindly juxtapose:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1254460486097211393
This is even better:

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"When will all of the “reporters” who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side who committed the crimes), be turning back their cherished “Nobles” so that they can be given...."

DJT, Twitter 4/26/2020.

Yes, that's right: it's "Nobel."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm

This is even better:

Gosh, remember when the President wasn't a complete moron?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Twantrum:

"....to the REAL REPORTERS & JOURNALISTS who got it right. I can give the Committee a very comprehensive list. When will the Noble Committee DEMAND the Prizes back, especially since they were gotten under fraud? The reporters and Lamestream Media knew the truth all along....

....Lawsuits should be brought against all, including the Fake News Organizations, to rectify this terrible injustice. For all of the great lawyers out there, do we have any takers? When will the Noble Committee Act? Better be fast!"

DJT, Twantrum, 4-26-2020.

I'm sure the "Noble Committee" can't wait to hear of the "REAL REPORTERS." Middle school in the Oval.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:16 pm "When will all of the “reporters” who have received Noble Prizes for their work on Russia, Russia, Russia, only to have been proven totally wrong (and, in fact, it was the other side who committed the crimes), be turning back their cherished “Nobles” so that they can be given...."

DJT, Twitter 4/26/2020.

Yes, that's right: it's "Nobel."
That is Nobel of the President to do those things!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for sharing that seacoaster, pulled on my heartstrings. Love stories that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:18 pm

This is even better:

With a due respect to BHO, the farmer was the hero in that twitter link, he was the one that sacrificed. I think you guys missed the point.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:35 pm

This is even better:

With a due respect to BHO, the farmer was the hero in that twitter link, he was the one that sacrificed. I think you guys missed the point.
Didn't miss the point and you know it. We can have, you know, two points. One was an exercise in kindness. One was a juxtaposition in leadership. Get them both. And I love that "due respect for BHO." Good one.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:27 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:42 pm Am going to differ with you on the lazy part, MDlax. The vast majority of people have the time to exercise/keep themselves in decent shape and at a pretty good weight. What they lack is discipline.
Tune in mentally and it's not even hard, becomes a lifestyle. How many people 100+ lbs overweight lost that weight once they tuned in (plenty)?
Yeah, I quite agree about what is necessary to achieve change (at least for the majority). Heck I'm in the business of helping people actually achieve those changes! Permanent lifestyle changes.

But the why it's difficult to change is far more complicated than a term like 'laziness' or even "discipline".

And we also know that the degree of 'discipline' (exercise/nutrition) necessary to make sustained progress in weight loss is actually quite a lot more for some people relative to others.

But, yes, it's ultimately possible for everyone.
Wrong thread but this little interruption won't keep it from going on for a few hundred more pages.
A fitness center opened up a couple of hundred yards down the road from where I worked. Went down and talked to them then went back and talked to the owner where I worked. He was a bit of a fitness nut, we agreed that a fitness program would increase production and keep people heathier...all that stuff. He agreed to pay half the membership fee for anyone who wanted to sign up (mighty nice of him). Needless to say a boatload of people joined and he did pay half. Ten years later I was the only one still going (and he still was paying half). All those others worked the same schedule (more or less) as I did, all had the same amount of time. All the rest of them lacked the discipline/commitment...they were just all too lazy to do it, as is the case with way too many. It's a life style and head game, most just don't tune in.
yes, gyms have a business model notoriously dependent upon lots of members not showing up!
People have good intentions, but following through is hard.

Working out is hard. It's actually painful, frequently very boring. Very easy to put off 'until tomorrow'.

I hated working out for working out's sake. Fortunately, I liked running in the woods and I really liked competing in squash, paddle, tennis...and I like to ski. So, for many years, I was 'addicted' to competing in a racquet sport, pretty high level, won some state doubles championships. Then the hips gave out, back issues.

Fortunately, I discovered bike riding and did enough off road, trail riding to be in decent if not great shape. But I didn't like working out in the basement. Boring. Then got a Peloton a summer ago. Addicted. I average more than 45 minutes a day, seven days a week, finish always in top 20%, frequently top 10%, overall not just my age bracket of 60+.

Yes, your boss was doing the right thing. But paying half the membership doesn't get the person there. In the new wellness model world, we're tying financial rewards to actual behaviors, not simply paying to make it cheaper. Did you show up, did you work hard, did you do a nutritional counseling session, did you join my company's system (DinnerTime.com), did you use it to plan healthy meals, how regularly, etc, etc and of course did you actually lose and sustain weight loss? all of which can be scored, tracked and rewarded.

Actually do these things and you get serious financial rewards, don't do them and you don't.
Strong ROI for the employer or health plan.

In our company's case, 85% of members say they or someone in their household would like to lose weight, 55% have a health concern such as diabetes or heart disease, 15% have 4 or more overlapping health concerns, 30% have a food allergy or other dietary restriction they manage.

But what we focus on is making it easier and more affordable to more often eat delicious, balanced meals made at home with mostly fresh grocery ingredients, less fast food and takeout. Healthier eating, better health outcomes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's what America looks like at its best, seacoaster.

No blame. No finger pointing. No mention of party.

Just "what can I do to help America fix this problem?"

I keep telling my wife that these people outnumber the selfish wankers who can't see past their own self interest by 9 to 1.

And to be clear....there are also people out there with the same hearts, trying to figure out how to open our economy as fast as we can.....
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:38 pm

This is even better:

Didn't miss the point and you know it. We can have, you know, two points. One was an exercise in kindness. One was a juxtaposition in leadership. Get them both. And I love that "due respect for BHO." Good one.

# Defending Trump is a Choice
Typical Lax Dad

Cut.....President speaking to his devotees ...take 16...aaaand action!!!
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:36 pm Blubberbutt Trump just blew his last chance at a Noble Prize.
Not only can't he spell it correctly, he also incorrectly attributed that they give a prize for journalism which they don't. Moronic idiocy from the MORON himself. :oops:

Ignoble behavior sure to NEVER be recognized by the Nobel committee. In fact, bet on there never even being a nomination. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twitter Update

"The Noble Prize For Journalism
@thenobleprizes
We are accepting nominations. The only category is Russia."
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:02 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:36 pm Blubberbutt Trump just blew his last chance at a Noble Prize.
Not only can't he spell it correctly, he also incorrectly attributed that they give a prize for journalism which they don't. Moronic idiocy from the MORON himself. :oops:

Ignoble behavior sure to NEVER be recognized by the Nobel committee. In fact, bet on there never even being a nomination. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Truly extraordinary really.
Typical Lax Dad

This is even better:

I think you missed the point ;)

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

@realDonaldTrump has scrubbed his Twitter feed of many of the rants he posted yesterday.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:32 am He's a disgrace:

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/12 ... 8911559682

I agree! David Frum is an absolute disgrace that no sane person should respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... aq-war-oil

Return to “POLITICS”