Where Would Petro Fit Best?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
palaxoff

Where Would Petro Fit Best?

Post by palaxoff »

Just speculating, any guesses where Petro might end up or where he be a good fit. Ads would be silly not to consider him. He has national Titles and has consistently brought in top 10 recruiting classes. I am sure some of it is the allure of John Hopkins, but it also had to be him. Put him in the ACC or Big 10 with all the bells and whistles what kid would say no.
AreaLax

Re: Where Would Petro Fit Best?

Post by AreaLax »

PLL
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Do we really need a third JHU thread?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Dance Moms. Those little girls are not afraid of tough love.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
swf

Post by swf »

Spokesman for Weight Watchers.
Superlite2

Post by Superlite2 »

C’mon....The guy was gravely ill from an infection which is part cause of current his weight issue...really bad joke and bad karma (even if you don’t like the guy)....
swf wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:48 pm Spokesman for Weight Watchers.
swf

Post by swf »

Wasn't he fat shaming his players; to the point of causing one to quit?
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

If he has a sense of adventure he could look at an European national team but the age of his children probably doesnt allow it.
swf

Post by swf »

I had the good fortune to see several of his games over the last two years.

Coaching style aside, his voice sounded like a bull elephant seal; which I interpreted as a smoker or former one. By sight he's grossly obese- his belly pulls him forward several inches - and he paced the sideline with mincing steps like someone to whom exercise such as a stroll in the park is an anathema. None of which are positive in terms of Covid19.

I wish him all the best going forward as a family man and as a lacrosse celebrity. I also wish he'd call his doctor at the world class JHU Medical Center and take his/her advice on isolating himself until this corona crisis passes.

When all this passes think how nice it will be to hear Petro, Cottle and Berkman commenting on a lax game.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Some real trash posts !
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

A fat coach literally just won the SUPER BOWL. It doesn’t matter if the coach is fat, he isn’t out there playing the games. As far as I know him being on the heavier side doesn’t have anything to do with it. His appearance didn’t prohibit him from consistently bringing in top 10 recruiting classes.
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

Man a lot of haters, which usually means the person is successful, no one tends to hate on the less successful.

He seems to be loved by his players, even with that voice and presence, which makes me chuckle when I think about the F bomb during the televised Princeton game.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... ramala-era

He is more of an old school coach, (no juice boxes) but he does seem to still know how to attract talent, and you have to respect is coaching skills on the d side.

So back to my question where will he end up. For example if I was Rutgers AD the team is a bubble team so often would Petro burst it? This is not a knock against Brecht he is doing a great job, I just picked another Big 10 school and thought if I was the AD.
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

I doubt he takes any Head Coach job that requires him to miss watching his sons play in HS and Club for next two years.

That means no out of state College coaching jobs for a two years.

My bet is some PLL coaching, announcing or even assisting with his sons High School or Club for next couple years .

Perfect opportunity to take a break and watch his children grow for a couple years.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

palaxoff wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am Man a lot of haters, which usually means the person is successful, no one tends to hate on the less successful.

He seems to be loved by his players, even with that voice and presence, which makes me chuckle when I think about the F bomb during the televised Princeton game.

He is more of an old school coach, (no juice boxes) but he does seem to still know how to attract talent, and you have to respect is coaching skills on the d side.

So back to my question where will he end up. For example if I was Rutgers AD the team is a bubble team so often would Petro burst it? This is not a knock against Brecht he is doing a great job, I just picked another Big 10 school and thought if I was the AD.
Petro is a pussycat compared to Brecht :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
AOD

Post by AOD »

palaxoff wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:00 am Man a lot of haters, which usually means the person is successful, no one tends to hate on the less successful.

Under what measure is Brecht doing a great job?

Rutgers Record under Brecht 60-65
Big Ten Record under Brecht 10-15
Big Ten Playoff Record 0-2
NCAA Playoff appearances ZERO

Next year will be his tenth at RU. But he's not going anywhere. Hobbs extended his contract through 2023 and the school is not about to add that contract to the overwhelming athletic budget deficit it faces until then.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Chuckman wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:33 am I doubt he takes any Head Coach job that requires him to miss watching his sons play in HS and Club for next two years.

My bet is some PLL coaching, announcing or even assisting with his sons High School or Club for next couple years .

Perfect opportunity to take a break and watch his children grow for a couple years.
Nice thought, but I gotta guess the Big Guy still has to pay the bills. His sons attend a pretty expensive school, and college is coming up.

I’m thinking he takes a well-paying job, as close to the pay at Hopkins as he can get, even if it means having to spend some time apart from his family.

Petro is in a very tough, competitive profession with relatively little job or financial security. He’s also young. He can’t afford to go into anything resembling semi-retirement.

I also just can’t see him taking it easy and enjoying it, at least not for long. I am certain he senses a big hole in his life right now. Can’t be easy.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Chuckman wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:33 am I doubt he takes any Head Coach job that requires him to miss watching his sons play in HS and Club for next two years.

That’s my bet. You can’t get this time back and given what we are all experiencing, he may want to spent this time around his kids versus others. Maybe he does some TV. I would love to hear him do some games. I bet he would be less frat boyish
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

If I were an AD with a job opening, I would JUMP at the chance to interview Petro.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Me too!

Wouldn't hire him though.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

CU77 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:01 pm Me too!

Wouldn't hire him though.

That was kind of the take that I got from our Navy compatriots in their thread when that position opened up. I said then (because I saw what was coming at Petro for over two years) that Petro should interview at Navy, an SA fit his style, and Belichick could join him.

The response I got from our Navy friends was underwhelming. Wanted someone younger. Better upside.

I thought one thing to that less than lukewarm response:

“Oof”.

I’m not sure the future bodes as well for him as we might think.

That concerns me. I’m hoping he finds something okay, at least in the short term. Not exactly big openings at the moment.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”