SimSeason 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: SimSeason 2020

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I do doubt Hobart would've lost to LIU (and SHU as well), but sure if Knox, Archer and Scott were 2/35 then yeah we'd probably lose to anyone. Those kids have been together for 1.5yrs, 2.5 for Archer and Scott and I don't think any combo of 2 or 3 has had that shooting percentage ever in their careers.

It's all in good fun though.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

oldbartman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 pm LAF, I know you do some great work, and we appreciate your analysis. But some of today's results are a bit unbelievable.
Who is LAF?
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 am But in all simulated seriousness, I guess the odds were pretty good that the simulations would have at least one team that hits a rough patch, and it looks like it was Hobart. Kind of wish it had been a team with less-passionate fans...
But in all simulated seriousness, I guess the odds were pretty good that the simulations would have at least one team that hit a rough patch, and it looks like it was Hobart. Kind of wish it had been a team with less-passionate fans...
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 am
oldbartman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 pm LAF, I know you do some great work, and we appreciate your analysis. But some of today's results are a bit unbelievable.
Who is LAF?
Larry Feldman, creator of lacrosse power rankings and founder of the site “LaxPower”. Founded in 1996. Most noted for its forums by some, but the power rankings were the genesis of it all.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:34 am
Who is LAF?
Larry Feldman, creator of lacrosse power rankings and founder of the site “LaxPower”. Founded in 1996. Most noted for its forums by some, but the power rankings were the genesis of it all.
I actually know who LAF is. Was just pointing out that he's not the one doing the simulations. Wouldn't want his reputation tarnished by any weirdness my simulations produce.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

5 games on the SimSeason plate today...

Sacred Heart vs Bryant - 12:00 PM
Hofstra vs UMass - 1:30 PM
Vermont vs Albany - 3:45 PM
Notre Dame vs Duke - 6:40 PM
Ohio State vs Penn State - 6:45 PM
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 am
Who is LAF?
I actually know who LAF is. Was just pointing out that he's not the one doing the simulations. Wouldn't want his reputation tarnished by any weirdness my simulations produce.
I was hoping you knew.

Your team is you and one other person, right?
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:14 am
I had a buddy that helped me set up the site when I had even less idea what I was doing than I have now. But for the most part, it's just me, my Raspberry Pi ($35 computer), and my scripts.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:26 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:14 am
I had a buddy that helped me set up the site when I had even less idea what I was doing than I have now. But for the most part, it's just me, my Raspberry Pi ($35 computer), and my scripts.
Well done, sir!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

laxreference wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 am
Who is LAF?
My apologies to LF. OK Laxref... Time to go bck to your formulas.As FFG pointed out, it would be shocking to have 3 of our top scorers go into a funk at the same time
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Actually, on a macro scale, I think your sims are amazingly in the ballpark. No outrageous scores, at least magnitude wise. No one is putting up 30 or 40, nor 1 or 2. Upsets happen.

On the micro scale - your player stats and box scores - okay, sometimes things stand out. The fact that you even simulate with that kind of granularity and wind up with anything that mostly holds together is fairly impressive in my opinion.

Well done. I will never be a critic, because I know that what you are doing isn’t easy and is quite impressive.

Now, if you simulate a Hopkins NC$$ championship, I’ll buy you some beer just for making everyone’s heads explode around here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Shoot, you get Bart to run the playoffs through Cornell, Cuse and Hop and I’ll buy you ten kegs of the beer of your choice!

Let the bidding begin!
See Martin, Malcolm
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

7 games on the SimSeason plate today...

VMI vs Merrimack - 12:00 PM
Binghamton vs Cleveland State - 1:15 PM
Princeton vs Siena - 2:00 PM
Dartmouth vs Hartford - 2:45 PM
Notre Dame vs Marquette - 6:20 PM
Syracuse vs Cornell - 6:30 PM
Loyola vs Georgetown - 6:50 PM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

laxreference wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am 7 games on the SimSeason plate today...

VMI vs Merrimack - 12:00 PM
Binghamton vs Cleveland State - 1:15 PM
Princeton vs Siena - 2:00 PM
Dartmouth vs Hartford - 2:45 PM
Notre Dame vs Marquette - 6:20 PM
Syracuse vs Cornell - 6:30 PM
Loyola vs Georgetown - 6:50 PM
Excited to see the CU vs Cus match up tonight.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

That's a wrap on another SimSeason Tuesday:

VMI beat Merrimack 11-8
CSU knocked off Binghamton 12-8
Princeton held off Siena 14-11
Hartford exploded for 15 goals against Dartmouth
ND came back to beat Marquette 10-9
Cornell ended the Cuse undefeated season 13-11
Hoyas continued their strong play, beating Loyola 14-11

Here is the link to all the matchups. The NCAA probability and league standings will be updated through tonight's action shortly.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

laxreference wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:55 pm That's a wrap on another SimSeason Tuesday:

VMI beat Merrimack 11-8
CSU knocked off Binghamton 12-8
Princeton held off Siena 14-11
Hartford exploded for 15 goals against Dartmouth
ND came back to beat Marquette 10-9
Cornell ended the Cuse undefeated season 13-11
Hoyas continued their strong play, beating Loyola 14-11

Here is the link to all the matchups. The NCAA probability and league standings will be updated through tonight's action shortly.
Question. Cornell beat Penn, Dartmouth and Harvard and lost to Yale. Yet you have them at 2-1 in the Ivy League. Why haven't they been credited with that third win in the SimSeason standings? I know it's simulated, but it's all we have. Thanks for doing the SimSeason. It is fun to follow.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Chousnake wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:39 am
Question. Cornell beat Penn, Dartmouth and Harvard and lost to Yale. Yet you have them at 2-1 in the Ivy League. Why haven't they been credited with that third win in the SimSeason standings? I know it's simulated, but it's all we have. Thanks for doing the SimSeason. It is fun to follow.
Thank you for pointing this out. I was confused why Cornell had such low odds of ending up with the top seed in the IL tournament despite being the top ELO team in the conf. It was because the Dartmouth game never got officially uploaded to the simDB.

It's been updated and the Big Red are now 3-1 in conf and have a 30% chance at snagging the top seed.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

laxreference wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:19 am
Chousnake wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:39 am
Thank you for pointing this out. I was confused why Cornell had such low odds of ending up with the top seed in the IL tournament despite being the top ELO team in the conf. It was because the Dartmouth game never got officially uploaded to the simDB.

It's been updated and the Big Red are now 3-1 in conf and have a 30% chance at snagging the top seed.
Thanks. Let's Go (simulated) Red!
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Got our customary SimSeason ACC Thursday game tonight...

Virginia vs Duke - 6:40 PM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:02 am Shoot, you get Bart to run the playoffs through Cornell, Cuse and Hop and I’ll buy you ten kegs of the beer of your choice!

Let the bidding begin!
Just curious how the market for sim champ is going? Do I need to step up my offer more? :)
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”