Schools with good engineering programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Jgugs

Schools with good engineering programs

Post by Jgugs »

Good Afternoon... first time poster.
I'm a parent of a 2022 Dpole that wants to play competitive lax and get his engineering degree (at whatever level). With not being able to speak to coaches we are trying to put our school list together ahead of time.

What are some good competitive engineering schools that are out there?

Thank you in advance
bmorelax

Re: Schools with good engineering programs

Post by bmorelax »

I know Florida Tech has a great engineering program. My daughter.... BS in ME 18 / MS in ME 19, really enjoyed her 5 years there. She did not play lacrosse, but got a great education. In fact she is in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico now, on a ship testing a new ROV.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

New York Tech.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Suskypride wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 pm New York Tech.
The best engineering programs nationally won't be found at the D2 level. Most are DI big state schools or top end private DI universities. So much of what you are asking depends on what sort of level engineering program you wish to look at.

Also, many of the schools with the highest level engineering programs won't necessarily have men's lax - Illinois, Georgia Tech, Florida, NC State, Minnesota, much of the west coast (Cal Tech, Berkeley), etc.

Also important is which subfield of engineering your son is interested in - some types of engineering might not be found in a smaller program like NYIT.

Having said all that there are still some D2 options as mentioned in previous posts.
Jgugs

Post by Jgugs »

bmorelax wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm I know Florida Tech has a great engineering program. My daughter.... BS in ME 18 / MS in ME 19, really enjoyed her 5 years there. She did not play lacrosse, but got a great education. In fact she is in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico now, on a ship testing a new ROV.
That's awesome! We've been looking there because a friend's son goes there. They know about my son and is very interested.
Hounds_dad

Post by Hounds_dad »

Uindy started an engineering program 3 years ago. I know one of their players is getting his BME degree from IUPUI but I don’t know if you can still do that with them now having their own engineering program.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:41 pm Illinois, Georgia Tech, Florida, NC State, Minnesota, much of the west coast (Cal Tech, Berkeley)
almost every one of these schools has an MCLA team though. And some of them are VERY competitive.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

HooDat wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 am
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:41 pm Illinois, Georgia Tech, Florida, NC State, Minnesota, much of the west coast (Cal Tech, Berkeley)
almost every one of these schools has an MCLA team though. And some of them are VERY competitive.
But there are some good choices with DI schools and engineering - Big 10 schools generally have great engineering programs. UMich is #7 within programs that offer a doctorate, and #5 for undergraduate program at US News rankings. JHU is no slouch at #17 (undergrad), tied with Princeton. Harvard at #21.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”