Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kram, is it your argument that the President is NOT above the law?

Apparently Trump supporters want to enforce a 'law' to eject a mom of an Army officer from the country, but not ANY law vis a vis Trump.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No, quite the opposite. Our reps should be the ones setting the example.
Enforce the laws we have. All the laws. Provide a smart, sensible process for rule followers who want to get in line.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am No, quite the opposite. Our reps should be the ones setting the example.
Enforce the laws we have. All the laws. Provide a smart, sensible process for rule followers who want to get in line.
So, how is the President not above the law if he cannot be prosecuted in court and he can claim “ total executive privilege’ in the face of an impeachment?

That’s the position of Trumpists.

Prosecutors have discretion to enforce laws, considering mitigating circumstances. Are we really so sure this particular enforcement was wise?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am Kram, is it your argument that the President is NOT above the law?

Apparently Trump supporters want to enforce a 'law' to eject a mom of an Army officer from the country, but not ANY law vis a vis Trump.
She's been deported 3 times. Legal bills ?
Get her a condo in Ensanada, it's cheaper than San Diego.
They can afford it. It's BS that he can't visit there.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am Kram, is it your argument that the President is NOT above the law?

She's been deported 3 times. Legal bills ?
Get her a condo in Ensanada, it's cheaper than San Diego.
They can afford it. It's BS that he can't visit there.
Yup.
You too want POTUS to be above the law, but not this mom.
Clearly she's a serious danger to our national security, right?

No surprise there.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:46 am No, quite the opposite. Our reps should be the ones setting the example.
So, how is the President not above the law if he cannot be prosecuted in court and he can claim “ total executive privilege’ in the face of an impeachment?

Prosecutors have discretion to enforce laws, considering mitigating circumstances. Are we really so sure this particular enforcement was wise?
Is this a lawful or political impeachment? At this point, how it’s played out and currently stands, it’s been all
Politics.

So you agree with pelosi, etc that no one is above the law?

Being deported 3 times is not a first time, “oops.” Regardless of her “good intentions” or her son’s good standing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Is this a lawful or political impeachment? At this point, how it’s played out and currently stands, it’s been all
Politics.

So you agree with pelosi, etc that no one is above the law?

Being deported 3 times is not a first time, “oops.” Regardless of her “good intentions” or her son’s good standing.
I agree with anyone, Pelosi included, who says no one SHOULD be above the law, most especially elected officials. And the more serious the crime, the more that such should be enforced.

It's the Trump Administration's position, (not mine), that a President cannot be prosecuted for crimes while in office, including crimes that put him into office or keep him in office, much less abuses of the powers of his office or criminal actions such as murder. That's their official position.

So, impeachment is supposedly the only remedy. But it is also the Trump Administration's, (not mine), stated legal claim that they can ignore ANY subpoena or documents it wishes, including those related to an impeachment inquiry...for no reason at all. No other Administration has ever made such a claim.

And the Trump cult cheers.

So...you are asking about a mother of a military service member who wants to be an American...and that's who we should prevent living here? That's the 'law' we need to enforce?

If you tell me that, no, Trump should be indicted, tried in court, and put in jail now, not some future time, for his federal election violations, for his violations of emoluments, for his fraudulent financial dealings...of, THEN, let's talk about whether this mom should be deported or whether she should be given expedited citizenship treatment.

But unless you're all in for enforcement of the law vis a vis POTUS, I just don't think this is a credible position to take about "all laws" being enforced.

re the politics, I think it's pretty darn clear that what Trump did was what so many supporters initially argued he hadn't done. we know he abused his power, sacrificing official national security policy for personal political benefit. And we know he has obstructed Congress. Is this "political"? Well, if his supporters, including the cowed elected representatives of the GOP, say they support him even if shoots someone on 5th avenue, I guess you can call that "political". But I think it's much more akin to a dictator, "above the law".
old salt

Post by old salt »

People commute across the border at the Otay Mesa crossing every day.
She can live safely & comfortably in Mexico, at a lower cost, & get free health care.
It's easy for her family to visit her in Mexico.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:18 pm People commute across the border at the Otay Mesa crossing every day.
She can live safely & comfortably in Mexico, at a lower cost, & get free health care.
So, what's the big deal with her living with her son's family?
Is she some sort of national security risk???

From CNN:
Cruz and his family had been trying for months to convince officials to let his mother, Rocio Rebollar Gomez, remain in the United States.
The case drew national attention last month when the US Army officer flew home for the holidays and told the San Diego Union-Tribune he feared it would be their last Christmas together. Traveling to see her in Mexico wouldn't be possible due to military restrictions, he told reporters Thursday.

Family members rallied behind her
Cruz previously applied to a program that protects relatives of active US military members from deportation, but the request was denied, family members said. CNN is working to confirm the reason for the denial.
Rebollar Gomez had lived in San Diego for more than 30 years, family members said. She'd been deported three times previously. Each time, she returned to the United States to be with her children, family members told reporters.
"Yes, she has a deportation record, but she came back for us," daughter Karla Cruz said Thursday. "Everything that she's done is for us to keep us here, to give us an opportunity. She's the heart of our family. She's taught us everything we know."
With Rebollar Gomez at their side, family members held a press conference outside the ICE office where she was heading for a check-in Thursday. Once again, they asked officials to block her deportation, waving signs that said, "Don't separate our family" and "Military moms deserve to stay" as TV cameras rolled.

But shortly after the press conference, family members got word that Rebollar Gomez had been deported.

They crowded around a cell phone, tearing up as they heard her voice from the other side of the border.
"I didn't say bye to her," Gibram Cruz told CNN affiliate KGTV. "I don't know when's the next time I'm going to see her."
After his mother's deportation, he packed his bags for a journey of his own, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.
"He has orders to report to Fort Hood in Texas on Friday," the newspaper said. "He's already committed to at least three more years in the military."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:00 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:18 pm People commute across the border at the Otay Mesa crossing every day.

From CNN:
Cruz and his family had been trying for months to convince officials to let his mother, Rocio Rebollar Gomez, remain in the United States.
The case drew national attention last month when the US Army officer flew home for the holidays and told the San Diego Union-Tribune he feared it would be their last Christmas together. Traveling to see her in Mexico wouldn't be possible due to military restrictions, he told reporters Thursday.

Cruz previously applied to a program that protects relatives of active US military members from deportation, but the request was denied, family members said. CNN is working to confirm the reason for the denial.
Rebollar Gomez had lived in San Diego for more than 30 years, family members said. She'd been deported three times previously. Each time, she returned to the United States to be with her children, family members told reporters.
"Yes, she has a deportation record, but she came back for us," daughter Karla Cruz said Thursday. "Everything that she's done is for us to keep us here, to give us an opportunity. She's the heart of our family. She's taught us everything we know."
With Rebollar Gomez at their side, family members held a press conference outside the ICE office where she was heading for a check-in Thursday. Once again, they asked officials to block her deportation, waving signs that said, "Don't separate our family" and "Military moms deserve to stay" as TV cameras rolled.

But shortly after the press conference, family members got word that Rebollar Gomez had been deported.

They crowded around a cell phone, tearing up as they heard her voice from the other side of the border.
"I didn't say bye to her," Gibram Cruz told CNN affiliate KGTV. "I don't know when's the next time I'm going to see her."
After his mother's deportation, he packed his bags for a journey of his own, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.
"He has orders to report to Fort Hood in Texas on Friday," the newspaper said. "He's already committed to at least three more years in the military."
It’s easy because Old Salt says so.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:00 pm

From CNN:

No problem, so long as she has an unexpired visa to visit.
What's the restriction on military personnel visiting Mexico on leave or liberty ? That's BS.
He's in Ft Hood TX. She & the rest of her kids are in SD. If her kids are US citizens, there's no problem with them visiting her in TJ, or even living there with her & commuting to SD for work or school.
https://ktla.com/2019/09/24/tens-of-tho ... -for-work/
If they plan ahead, they can spend next Xmas together in Ensenada.
https://www.military.com/military-repor ... exico.html
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I get it, you want select enforcement of laws, depending on your beliefs. Just like the Trumpists.

This woman lawbreaker is just as guilty of the crimes accused as Trump. It's a sham. This woman is being used as the poster child for the left's cause du jour.

:roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:56 am I get it, you want select enforcement of laws, depending on your beliefs. Just like the Trumpists.

This woman lawbreaker is just as guilty of the crimes accused as Trump. It's a sham. This woman is being used as the poster child for the left's cause du jour.

:roll:
"select enforcement" happens every day in America. Police, prosecutors and judges look at the circumstances and make decisions based upon their best informed judgments about those circumstances.

What we don't want is for unequal justice, especially if driven by power and money or race, etc.
Yet, there's a heck of lot of such unequal justice.

That's a serious issue.

When it comes to our elected officials, it's particularly important that we hold them accountable when they break the law, because their power is provided by us. We don't want that power to get them off the hook for serious crimes and we demand that they not abuse the powers of their office.

The crimes Trump and his family are accused of (and I strongly believe would be found guilty of in court) are far more serious and detrimental to society that this mom's desire to be in the US with her family. should there be 'selective enforcement' based upon her son's military service and her and her family's otherwise good behaviors in society? IMO, yes.

But I don't want that to be "unequal"; I'd like it to be a policy of non-enforcement in any case meeting these circumstances described. That's fully within the purview of the enforcement agencies.

But Kram, I may have missed it, but are you calling for Trump and his family to be indicted, tried in court, and if found guilty, go to jail? Now?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Targeting El Paso. Episode 1 of Frontline's current series.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I am so very excited for the D president who uses this same method to address real emergencies! No way the R's could howl then...

Pentagon plans to shift $3.8 billion to fund border wall with Mexico

The Trump administration is preparing to redirect an additional $3.8 billion in programs from the Department of Defense to pay for the construction of a wall at the US-Mexico border. A total of $7.2 billion of military funding is expected to go towards the border wall this fiscal year.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:07 pm I am so very excited for the D president who uses this same method to address real emergencies! No way the R's could howl then...

Pentagon plans to shift $3.8 billion to fund border wall with Mexico

The Trump administration is preparing to redirect an additional $3.8 billion in programs from the Department of Defense to pay for the construction of a wall at the US-Mexico border. A total of $7.2 billion of military funding is expected to go towards the border wall this fiscal year.
I believe there is a lot of fat military money to be used to subsidize college tuition and healthcare. I am all for it. Also some for more food stamps.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How many billions and this still surprises the r's????

Statement from Trump administration: "No one could have possibly known that smugglers might tunnel under the wall. This is a completely new development."

Border Patrol discovers new smuggling tunnel in US

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/borde ... h?ocid=st2
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:21 am How many billions and this still surprises the r's????

Statement from Trump administration: "No one could have possibly known that smugglers might tunnel under the wall. This is a completely new development."

Border Patrol discovers new smuggling tunnel in US

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/borde ... h?ocid=st2
:lol:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

BREAKING: Federal judge(on a Sunday no less) declares that Ken Cuccinelli was unlawfully installed as Acting Director of @USCIS
and that all policies he authorized are void.

https://www.axios.com/federal-court-ken ... 19ae0.html

Return to “POLITICS”