Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Orange Duce

Post by ggait »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 pm I thought walls were a bad thing....all of a sudden you like them. ;)
I hear Mexico and Canada both have now decided to build and pay for their own border walls.

Now that's the art of the deal!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
14 mins ago
Melania Trump will become the first modern first lady not to invite the woman who will replace her to the White House for a walk-through of the private living quarters on the second and third floors. cnn.it/3oYePTZ
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

Be best.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Much to the delight of Dr. Jill.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:03 pm That was a pitchers series between:

Palmer
Cuellar
Two others in spacing in now and

Seaver
Koosman
Etc.

Not a ton of hitters in that series on a relative basis and it was also the tail end of a pitchers era before they lowered the mound and made 1-2 other tweaks to benefit hitters. Bob Gibson sporting a 1 something era. Denny McClain winning 30 games then going to jail for gambling. Also about 6-7yrs before free agency as well.
Three HOF pitchers in that series (which, as you can tell, I still remember like yesterday) -- Palmer, Seaver and a young Nolan Ryan, who was a spot starter and reliever for the Mets.
1971, O's had four 20 game winners..Jim Palmer, Dave McNally, Mike Cuellar, and Pat Dobson. Fun to be a fan.

But '66 and '70 were even more fun...'83 too... but I wasn't a kid by then, and was in Boston.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:49 pm Much to the delight of Dr. Jill.
Tru Dat.

I can just imagine Jill trying to keep a straight face as Mel tried to show her around the White House...with that accent...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:20 pm
Tru Dat.

I can just imagine Jill trying to keep a straight face as Mel tried to show her around the White House...with that accent...
Great. Make fun of a female public figure who is a naturalized American. That is not tolerated in this forum.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:21 am Pretty good podcast w George Will in the Republican Party and Trump. Hosted by a guy (I love) Russ Robert and his show EconTalk

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0449958658
Thanks.
George Will has been a steadfast conservative thinker and commentator for decades. I'll listen later today.

And an Orioles fan...once sat 4 seats away from him, he scoring the game on his lap.
4 seats away and you didn't get his autograph?? Shame on you. :D You must be a glutton for punishment with all the years Peter Angelos destroyed that baseball team. When our Rochester Red Wings were still their farm team Angelos took a beating from every sports writer in our town about his mis-management. I guess since it is his team he can run it however he wants.
I once flew George Will, Sam Donaldson, & Cokie Roberts on a charter from Teterboro to Wash National.
They were really nice & fun. I didn't tell George I was a Cardinal fan until they were exiting the plane.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:50 pm
Tru Dat.

Great. Make fun of a female public figure who is a naturalized American. That is not tolerated in this forum.
Who, ironically, jumped the line for naturalization and who also made use of "chain migration" to get her family also to jump the same line.
She's just another example of the boorish crowd in this administration. The fish rots from the head as they say.

Wondering if Rep Sherill turns out to be correct if you'll even acknowledge it. As if totally extrapolating her service record out of thin air with ZERO evidence isn't bad enough.

But then again, this from someone who rationalizes pardoning convicted war criminals for "having served their sentence" - one had a LIFE sentence. The others 30 years - so serving a fraction of their sentence doesn't mean much. Then again, defending convicted criminals is what you do all the time around here.

Par for the course from you AGAIN.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tru Dat.

Goodness gracious.....I think MD just threw shade, at woman non-the-less, for her accent....talk about chauvinistic and looking down foreigners. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 am
Tru Dat.

Goodness gracious.....I think MD just threw shade, at woman non-the-less, for her accent....talk about chauvinistic and looking down foreigners. :lol:
Mel, like her husband, have earned the respect they are shown.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:59 am I don't know if Trump succeeded or not. It depends on your definition of 'succeed" in this case. I have said repeatedly that we'll never know because of the Covid interruption. Covid doesn't happen, Trump is reelected and the trade war developments are on-going.
Trump's handling of the Coronavirus is a *major* misstep and not his only one. By far. Just the most recent and happens to be ongoing. Any positives Trump brought to the table were offset and erased by the negatives. I have little to no doubt that Trump will go down in history as one of the worst POTUS in history and, more than this, a criminal. Both before and after his being POTUS. What we're seeing post-election is just the beginning of the people of the US and the world seeing the reality of Trump.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:23 am
Tru Dat.

Mel, like her husband, have earned the respect they are shown.
A nice male ordered bride. :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:59 am I don't know if Trump succeeded or not. It depends on your definition of 'succeed" in this case. I have said repeatedly that we'll never know because of the Covid interruption. Covid doesn't happen, Trump is reelected and the trade war developments are on-going.
Trump's handling of the Coronavirus is a *major* misstep and not his only one. By far. Just the most recent and happens to be ongoing. Any positives Trump brought to the table were offset and erased by the negatives. I have little to no doubt that Trump will go down in history as one of the worst POTUS in history and, more than this, a criminal. Both before and after his being POTUS. What we're seeing post-election is just the beginning of the people of the US and the world seeing the reality of Trump.
Let's hope we learn from the investigations yet to come....Trump chose to shelter us, i.e. avoid creating a panic.

His choice to hide the facts is clear...those who enabled him need to tell us why and should be judged accordingly.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Former director of the Nixon presidential library calls Trump the WORST president of all time. His case:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ry/617730/

Trump was a serial violator of his oath—as evidenced by his continual use of his office for personal financial gain—but focusing on three crucial ways in which he betrayed it helps clarify his singular historical status. First, he failed to put the national-security interests of the United States ahead of his own political needs. Second, in the face of a devastating pandemic, he was grossly derelict, unable or unwilling to marshal the requisite resources to save lives while actively encouraging public behavior that spread the disease. And third, held to account by voters for his failures, he refused to concede defeat and instead instigated an insurrection, stirring a mob that stormed the Capitol.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:50 pm
Tru Dat.

Make fun of her for her accent or her lingerie posing or her up yours coat or her constant whining? "Naturalized"...by the book? Parents naturalized by the book?

Yeah, pretty tasteless to make fun of her...after all, she's not going to welcome the new First Lady to the White House, not attend the inauguration of the new President...first time in 150 years...can't make fun of her...2 days after the 2016 election, Michelle Obama welcomed her, despite the knowledge that she and her husband had driven the birtherism lie about Barack...but she did it with class...me, I might have shut the door in her face and left her outside on the porch...

But also would be hard to keep a straight face if you're Dr. Jill and this arm candy with the slavic accent is showing you around the White House where you've previously been frequently during those prior 8 years...what's she going to show Jill, all the things they changed since Obama was there?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Tru Dat.

I doubled and tripled down with Salty...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am
Tru Dat.

I doubled and tripled down with Salty...
Why do you still hate women that have accents? That goes against your basic nature does it not? ;) I get it now... do as I say and not as I do... Got it Lima Charlie.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:21 am Pretty good podcast w George Will in the Republican Party and Trump. Hosted by a guy (I love) Russ Robert and his show EconTalk

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0449958658
Thanks.
George Will has been a steadfast conservative thinker and commentator for decades. I'll listen later today.

And an Orioles fan...once sat 4 seats away from him, he scoring the game on his lap.
4 seats away and you didn't get his autograph?? Shame on you. :D You must be a glutton for punishment with all the years Peter Angelos destroyed that baseball team. When our Rochester Red Wings were still their farm team Angelos took a beating from every sports writer in our town about his mis-management. I guess since it is his team he can run it however he wants.
I once flew George Will, Sam Donaldson, & Cokie Roberts on a charter from Teterboro to Wash National.
They were really nice & fun. I didn't tell George I was a Cardinal fan until they were exiting the plane.
:D I bet George simply appreciated that you knew he was an O's fan! He's quite eloquent on the subject of baseball. When guys like him talk about the sport, I remember the aspects that I enjoyed, even the pacing (though way too slow today)...Brooks was my favorite player because of the way he was such a student of the hitters and his own pitchers, anticipating their tendencies based on the pitch he knew was coming...fabulous hands and reactions, clutch player, but a huge aspect was his preparation.

Sam always seemed to rub me the wrong way, dour and disagreeable, maybe a more fun fella in a relaxed setting? Cokie came across to me as whip, sharp as a tack, likely to have all sorts of fun stories and a ready laugh.

Return to “POLITICS”