Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Orange Duce

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:49 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:48 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm Sen Duckworth highjacked the process & sealed his fate with her VP gambit.
Total vomitous garbage.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pmShe literally forced him to retire by threatening to hold up the promotion of all Colonels & Generals before waiting to see if Trump would pull his name from the promotion list.
This is completely absurd. It's beneath even your usual craven levels of trump sycophancy.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pmEven if Trump had, Vindman could have attended the War College for a year, stayed quiet & out of the news & been promoted next year if Biden wins.
Yes of course the sycophant says that the patriot should have just knuckled under. Of course.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm ...or he can now accept that job offer to be Ukraine's Defense Minister.
And you conclude with one of your trademarked snarky personal insults.

I really do have to go vomit now.
+1
You keyboard warriors do not understand how the military promotion process works.

Duckworth rushed to steal the spotlight before Trump even sent the list to the Senate. She could have waited to see if Trump would pull Vindman before declaring her filibuster, but then she would have been forced to share the spotlight with numerous other Senators.
Trump was spared from making a decision which would have come at significant political cost.
The way things are going for Trump. he might have decided that Vindman was not worth the fight & the standoff with the Senate (D)'s.
We understand enough. Everyone's puking because we all see what you understand and avoid talking about. This is on Trump, not on Senator Duckworth.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:58 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm Sen Duckworth highjacked the process & sealed his fate with her VP gambit.
Total vomitous garbage.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pmShe literally forced him to retire by threatening to hold up the promotion of all Colonels & Generals before waiting to see if Trump would pull his name from the promotion list.
This is completely absurd. It's beneath even your usual craven levels of trump sycophancy.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pmEven if Trump had, Vindman could have attended the War College for a year, stayed quiet & out of the news & been promoted next year if Biden wins.
Yes of course the sycophant says that the patriot should have just knuckled under. Of course.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm ...or he can now accept that job offer to be Ukraine's Defense Minister.

+1
You keyboard warriors do not understand how the military promotion process works.

Duckworth rushed to steal the spotlight before Trump even sent the list to the Senate. She could have waited to see if Trump would pull Vindman before declaring her filibuster, but then she would have been forced to share the spotlight with numerous other Senators.
Trump was spared from making a decision which would have come at significant political cost.
The way things are going for Trump. he might have decided that Vindman was not worth the fight & the standoff with the Senate (D)'s.
We understand enough. Everyone's puking because we all see what you understand and avoid talking about. This is on Trump, not on Senator Duckworth.
Good. Choke on your puke, you partisan know nothings.

Did you see Colin Powell on Andrea Mitchell today ? He verified that the Army selected Vindman for promotion but Vindman decided to retire because he was afraid he'd be picked on or bullied (Powell's words). Where were all the tears for the able, war fighting Generals that Obama forced into retirement when they were needed most => Mattis, McChrystal & Flynn, because they spoke truth to Congress or criticized his policy, just as Vindman did.

Powell's the ultimate straight shooter. He endorsed Biden & was unsparing in his criticism of Trump, yet said it's a waste of assets for us to be sending more forces to Europe when there's no way that Russia's going to attack NATO. He also said the media was hysterical in their over-reaction to the Russian bounty leaked intel which the military does not take seriously. Poor old Andrea almost swooned.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:30 pm Image

Donny Dump threatened to cut off funding to schools if they do not open in the fall.

Said Flump: “In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!”

https://politicalwire.com/2020/07/08/tr ... -not-open/
This one particularly pissed me off having two kids who just “finished“ kindergarten and first grade. The past six months have been rough and were sitting here trying to figure out plans, APS will come out next week. Georgia is already cutting $950mm from the education budget for the following year because, like every state, lower tax revenues. Happen to have a ton of CDC people on my block and neighborhood, probably mostly lean semi strong left but I’ve had many reasonable conversations with them and never got the sense any of them would put politics in front of their professional responsibilities and they are care greatly about all people. This cat needs to get the F**k out of the way on education. And I’m deeply concerned about how important the social aspect of school is in these early years as well as the burden on us as parents. I can’t really take them to my little Regus office and working at home is beyond challenging, try having a important conference call and your daughter is tipping over a bookcase screwing around. But still to suggest that they should just be thrown to the mercy of a pandemic and literally that CDC recommendations are “too hard and too costly” is outrageous.

It’s all about the children who are our future right?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 pm
Total vomitous garbage.

+1

Did you see Colin Powell on Andrea Mitchell today ? He verified that the Army selected Vindman for promotion but Vindman decided to retire because he was afraid he'd be picked on or bullied (Powell's words). Where were all the tears for the able, war fighting Generals that Obama forced into retirement when they were needed most => Mattis, McChrystal & Flynn, because they spoke truth to Congress or criticized his policy, just as Vindman did.

Powell's the ultimate straight shooter. He endorsed Biden & was unsparing in his criticism of Trump, yet said it's a waste of assets for us to be sending more forces to Europe when there's no way that Russia's going to attack NATO. He also said the media was hysterical in their over-reaction to the Russian bounty leaked intel which the military does not take seriously. Poor old Andrea almost swooned.
Got a chuckle out of the popcorn eating YA; thanks for that.

And a chuckle that OS calls anyone partisan -- Mr. Pot, I'm Mr. Kettle.

You've moved the discussion to something else, which, after all, is a thing you do. The question was whether Vindman's retirement was, at its core, Duckworth's doing or the President's. I and maybe others think the basic fault lies with the President. You choose -- and I mean choose, always -- to forego criticism of the President in these situations, and go hard at the person with the D nearby. There's really no getting around it, even pulling General Powell in from the sidelines to help on special teams assignments.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Michael Cohen taken back into custody...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 pm Did you see Colin Powell on Andrea Mitchell today?
Is this the same Colin Powell who went to the United Nations and lied to our faces about WMD in Iraq?

Yeah, some of us still remember.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/06/lie ... ld-the-un/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm Image
That’s creepy. Some kind of popcorn sex fetish I haven’t yet learned about?
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 pm
Total vomitous garbage.

+1

You've moved the discussion to something else, which, after all, is a thing you do. The question was whether Vindman's retirement was, at its core, Duckworth's doing or the President's. I and maybe others think the basic fault lies with the President. You choose -- and I mean choose, always -- to forego criticism of the President in these situations, and go hard at the person with the D nearby. There's really no getting around it, even pulling General Powell in from the sidelines to help on special teams assignments.
Plus the whole “you don’t understand military so don’t opine” weak sauce. As if our boy doesn’t opine on all sorts of topics beyond his work experience.

Frequent and lame.

Still have the pump popcorn eater in my brain...it’s like a cover band version of Come on Eileen...
See Martin, Malcolm
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:11 pm

This one particularly ticked me off having two kids who just “finished“ kindergarten and first grade. The past six months have been rough and were sitting here trying to figure out plans, APS will come out next week. Georgia is already cutting $950mm from the education budget for the following year because, like every state, lower tax revenues. Happen to have a ton of CDC people on my block and neighborhood, probably mostly lean semi strong left but I’ve had many reasonable conversations with them and never got the sense any of them would put politics in front of their professional responsibilities and they are care greatly about all people. This cat needs to get the F**k out of the way on education. And I’m deeply concerned about how important the social aspect of school is in these early years as well as the burden on us as parents. I can’t really take them to my little Regus office and working at home is beyond challenging, try having a important conference call and your daughter is tipping over a bookcase screwing around. But still to suggest that they should just be thrown to the mercy of a pandemic and literally that CDC recommendations are “too hard and too costly” is outrageous.

Just what the hell is in Dump's diseased little mind?

Every commentator or researcher who has discussed the pandemic has said there will be another round of the outbreak in September. That it will likely be worse than what we are seeing today. If this is true, this will put the children in terrible jeopardy. Hopefully, somebody will get into his demented brain and persuade him that issues of science and health should be left up to the experts, not to delusional pundits like him.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:07 pm
It is a reference to sitting back, eating popcorn, and enjoying the show.... from the back and forth of previous post.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I do not recommend clicking on this link, but it's related (nothing sexual in nature): https://i.imgur.com/ahgQUul.mp4
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:20 pm
It is a reference to sitting back, eating popcorn, and enjoying the show.... from the back and forth of previous post.
Oh I got it, the extra shimmy and the deviant look are what has me but it is funny.

Cant take eyes off it...
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 pm
I do not recommend clicking on this link, but it's related (nothing sexual in nature): https://i.imgur.com/ahgQUul.mp4
Of course I clicked on it, I'm a estonian teenagers dream.

And it's disturbing. Highly disturbing.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:11 pm

This one particularly ticked me off having two kids who just “finished“ kindergarten and first grade. The past six months have been rough and were sitting here trying to figure out plans, APS will come out next week. Georgia is already cutting $950mm from the education budget for the following year because, like every state, lower tax revenues. Happen to have a ton of CDC people on my block and neighborhood, probably mostly lean semi strong left but I’ve had many reasonable conversations with them and never got the sense any of them would put politics in front of their professional responsibilities and they are care greatly about all people. This cat needs to get the F**k out of the way on education. And I’m deeply concerned about how important the social aspect of school is in these early years as well as the burden on us as parents. I can’t really take them to my little Regus office and working at home is beyond challenging, try having a important conference call and your daughter is tipping over a bookcase screwing around. But still to suggest that they should just be thrown to the mercy of a pandemic and literally that CDC recommendations are “too hard and too costly” is outrageous.

Just what the hell is in Dump's diseased little mind?

Every commentator or researcher who has discussed the pandemic has said there will be another round of the outbreak in September. That it will likely be worse than what we are seeing today. If this is true, this will put the children in terrible jeopardy. Hopefully, somebody will get into his demented brain and persuade him that issues of science and health should be left up to the experts, not to delusional pundits like him.
Once I heard the the economy was going to struggle until kids went back to school, I knew this was coming. Trump’s only concern is being re-elected.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Once I heard the the economy was going to struggle until kids went back to school, I knew this was coming. Trump’s only concern is being re-elected.

Countries all over the world have managed to control the outbreaks of this dreaded disease. Somehow the USA under the "leadership" of the moron-in-chief still cannot do so. You have to wonder, how can anyone be so stupid as to defend or to even think of voting for him?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Countries all over the world have managed to control the outbreaks of this dreaded disease. Somehow the USA under the "leadership" of the moron-in-chief still cannot do so. You have to wonder, how can anyone be so stupid as to defend or to even think of voting for him?
You can’t blame him. What was he supposed to do. It’s Fauci’s fault.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Somehow a bunch of kids getting sick and bringing home a disease that may kill the parents does not strike me as a brilliant re-election plan.

nickcordero-1.jpg
nickcordero-1.jpg (130.49 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

This guy died of corona a few days ago. No pre-existing conditions, no co-morbidities. Had a leg amputated before he went.
Last edited by CU77 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:10 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 pm
Total vomitous garbage.

+1

Plus the whole “you don’t understand military so don’t opine” weak sauce. As if our boy doesn’t opine on all sorts of topics beyond his work experience.

Frequent and lame.

Still have the pump popcorn eater in my brain...it’s like a cover band version of Come on Eileen...
Yeah, Colin Powell doesn't know anything about the military either. Duckworth forced Vindman's hand & made it a media issue. She wanted to be seen standing up to Trump (before he had done anything about the promotion). Had she kept quiet, Esper & Milley would likely have been able to slip the promotion through. If Vindman wasn't on the list from the WH, then threaten to gum up the process. Duckworth wanted a fight with Trump over this to bolster her VP bona fides & struck early before she had to share the spotlight with any fellow Senators. Now she just looks like a craven opportunist.
If Vindman really wanted to continue his Army career, he'd have stayed on active duty & forced Trump's hand. ,,,but his lawyer says he's afraid of bullies.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 pm Had she kept quiet, Esper & Milley would likely have been able to slip the promotion through.
Well isn't that special!

It might have been possible to distract Bunker Boy enough not to notice what was happening, before he could carry out his spiteful and vindictive slap down of a true patriot.

Pathetic and sad that Lieutenant Colonel Vindman was wrong when he explained why his dad did not have to worry about him:

Return to “POLITICS”