Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am BFD. How many votes were altered or lost ? Do you open attachments or links in unsolicited emails you get from strangers ?

I don't care enough about this piddly partisan political stuff to stumble into another Cold War.

I wan't to bring our troops & their tanks home from Poland & get our Marines out of the snow in Norway.
You don’t know the answer.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm Cry baby sore losers. Welcome to the real world.
We try to influence elections in other countries all the time, or promote regime change (ask Qaddafi)
Nothing wrong with it. All countries do it.
:lol:

So your sales pitch here is that a guy who lived his entire life following a rigid moral code (you) thinks it's ok to rig another country's election.

Whew. Good one.
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm Obama tried to unseat Netanyahu & defeat Brexit (back of the line).
Right. Because the sale here is you can't distinguish between hacking into State voting systems, and Obama's public speeches.

Good one.

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm It's ok for Ukraine to give anti-Trump oppo to the DNC,
after we promoted the Orange Revolution there.
There's not a soul here backing Hillary, or anything she's done. And only one guy backing Trump....and now, you're making apologies for Vladimir Putin?

:lol: Buffalo Bagels. You don't believe one single word you are posting. Nice try though!

(although I do like that you're trying to sell yourself as a full Hannity-Trumpist by mentioning a powerless woman who hasn't held public office for six freaking years. That's right. She resigned as SoState in 2013. Oh yeah, she's super relevant)
What makes you think that Salty has "lived his entire life following a rigid moral code" ???

From his posts, I'd never guess that to be the case.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm Cry baby sore losers. Welcome to the real world.
We try to influence elections in other countries all the time, or promote regime change (ask Qaddafi)
Obama tried to unseat Netanyahu & defeat Brexit (back of the line).
It's ok for Ukraine to give anti-Trump oppo to the DNC,
Selective outrage. Mueller didn't deliver for you. Get over it.
Honest simple question, should we not act to defend ourselves from such attacks by others?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am
Honest simple question, should we not act to defend ourselves from such attacks by others?
Of course not... as long as they're helping our team.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 am

So your sales pitch here is that a guy who lived his entire life following a rigid moral code (you) thinks it's ok to rig another country's election.

Whew. Good one.
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm Obama tried to unseat Netanyahu & defeat Brexit (back of the line).
Right. Because the sale here is you can't distinguish between hacking into State voting systems, and Obama's public speeches.

Good one.

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm It's ok for Ukraine to give anti-Trump oppo to the DNC,
There's not a soul here backing Hillary, or anything she's done. And only one guy backing Trump....and now, you're making apologies for Vladimir Putin?

:lol: Buffalo Bagels. You don't believe one single word you are posting. Nice try though!

(although I do like that you're trying to sell yourself as a full Hannity-Trumpist by mentioning a powerless woman who hasn't held public office for six freaking years. That's right. She resigned as SoState in 2013. Oh yeah, she's super relevant)
What makes you think that Salty has "lived his entire life following a rigid moral code" ???

Just who the h*ll are you to make that kind of pronouncement. He thinks differently than you so he has NO moral code.

WT.......
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am BFD. How many votes were altered or lost ?
So far as our government is telling us? None.

What do we do when that happens? You have an answer for that? What happens when our election system is compromised, and the populace doesn't believe the outcome? We're within a hair of that happening.
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am Do you open attachments or links in unsolicited emails you get from strangers ?
This has nothing to do with a foreign enemy getting a hold of our voter registration system, old salt.
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am I don't care enough about this piddly partisan political stuff to stumble into another Cold War.
There it is. The only POSSIBLE way you could think this is a partisan issue, is that your guy won. "Therefore", it's just the Dems complaining. And you think that if the Dems stop complaining about what Russia is doing, the problem is solved.
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am I wan't to bring our troops & their tanks home from Poland & get our Marines out of the snow in Norway.
You think Trump moved them there because of election shenanigans? :lol: Or that Poland fears for its safety because of election shenanigans?

The troops are in Poland because of Ukraine. But you know this, and are trying to blame anything you can on the Dems and Russiaphobia.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:21 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am BFD. How many votes were altered or lost ?
So far as our government is telling us? None.

What do we do when that happens? You have an answer for that? What happens when our election system is compromised, and the populace doesn't believe the outcome? We're within a hair of that happening.
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am Do you open attachments or links in unsolicited emails you get from strangers ?
This has nothing to do with a foreign enemy getting a hold of our voter registration system, old salt.
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am I don't care enough about this piddly partisan political stuff to stumble into another Cold War.
There it is. The only POSSIBLE way you could think this is a partisan issue is that your guy one. So
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 am I wan't to bring our troops & their tanks home from Poland & get our Marines out of the snow in Norway.
You think Trump moved them there because of election shenanigans? :lol: Or that Poland fears for its safety because of election shenanigans?

The troops are because of the Ukraine. But you know this, and are trying to blame anything you can on the Dems and Russiaphobia.
It is pretty obvious who has read the Mueller Report, and understands how Russia got involved in 2016, and who didn't.

I only could stomach a small bit of the o d Hate Rally from last night.

Is HRC running again???

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

The Hillary bashing last night tells you all you need to know. I said over a year ago that Trump doesn't need to govern. All he needs to do is hit the libs, and hit the media. and guys like 6ft will cheer, and think that everything Trump does is gold.

And here we are.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 am

Whew. Good one.

Good one.

Just who the h*ll are you to make that kind of pronouncement. He thinks differently than you so he has NO moral code.

WT.......
Who the hell are you?? You have called people who disagree with your abortion position "baby killer" or worse, numerous times. Accusing them of no or an inferior moral code. HYPOCRITE, you and the sea horse you rode in on!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm The Hillary bashing last night tells you all you need to know. I said over a year ago that Trump doesn't need to govern. All he needs to do is hit the libs, and hit the media. and guys like 6ft will cheer, and think that everything Trump does is gold.

And here we are.
Yesterday afternoon I saw video reports of the pre-show crowd hanging out, provided by local Orlando TV. Trumpism really is a cult. These people, so many of them are life's losers. They need someone to blame, Trump tells them they are what makes the country great, and who is holding them down. Many of them (seemed like most) if they are to be believed have been to 25 or more rallies all over the country since 2016. Same people over and over again.

They did not fill the Amway Center (20K), but didn't miss by many. Very far from Orange Duce's predicted 100K standing room only with outdoor overflow. How appropriate was it to hold it in a location named for one of the greatest cons, pyramid schemes in US history. :lol:

What happens to these people when Trump loses, and he will lose, sooner or later?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm The Hillary bashing last night tells you all you need to know. I said over a year ago that Trump doesn't need to govern. All he needs to do is hit the libs, and hit the media. and guys like 6ft will cheer, and think that everything Trump does is gold.

And here we are.
Yesterday afternoon I saw video reports of the pre-show crowd hanging out, provided by local Orlando TV. Trumpism really is a cult. These people, so many of them are life's losers. They need someone to blame, Trump tells them they are what makes the country great, and who is holding them down. Many of them (seemed like most) if they are to be believed have been to 25 or more rallies all over the country since 2016. Same people over and over again.

They did not fill the Amway Center (20K), but didn't miss by many. Very far from Orange Duce's predicted 100K standing room only with outdoor overflow. How appropriate was it to hold it in a location named for one of the greatest cons, pyramid schemes in US history. :lol:

What happens to these people when Trump loses, and he will lose, sooner or later?
Deplorables....following Trump around like Dead Heads....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 am

Whew. Good one.

Good one.

WT.......
Sheesh, 6ft, I didn't say "he has NO moral code", I was just questioning the notion that anyone assume he's "lived his entire life by a rigid moral code". For that matter, that anyone on here has successfully done so.

Indeed, if someone actually claimed to have done so that should be a big red flag that something is very likely being hidden. All too often the most vigorous exclaimers of the most rigid morality are secretly guilty of immoral choices and gross hypocrisy.

But note, that was a fan's phrase, not Salty's, so I'm not suggesting that Salty is such a vigorous self-congratulator as to claim he's "lived his entire life by a rigid moral code."

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. I just don't see any evidence of consistent ethics from his posts.

I don't know Salty personally nor do I have life long close experience with him such that I could attest to his integrity or lack thereof. Instead, all I have to go on is his online, anonymous posts. So, that's the basis of my objection.

I do try to give the benefit of the doubt to all fellow posters, but that doesn't prevent reading with comprehension and thinking for myself (unlike some posters, unfortunately), including being able to discern various patterns over time from a fellow poster's writing.

And I definitely don't see a pattern of clear ethical dimension in Salty's posts that would suggest a moral code driven by fundamental integrity. Indeed, I see a pattern of hypocrisy. Pretty baldfaced such, IMO.

That said, I find a lot of the information he brings to a conversation to be interesting, indeed often unique, so I appreciate those contributions.

But the toadying for a toad like Trump? All while claiming to simply like some of his policies?
Nope.

It becomes all too clear when he rips into those who actually value truth and the rule of law, that the only value he places is on partisanship.
Not everyone is smart enough to actually know better, but I don't think Salty has that excuse.

But again, that's just my observation from his posts. You're free to disagree.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:26 pm

And here we are.

There sure are a lot of them.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yes. Change your password. Don't believe everything you read on social media.

Work with the MSM to call out foreign propaganda & disinformation.

We should do what we can to protect our voting systems, but we should have verifiable paper backup.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Candidate Trump - "Yellen is a disgrace for keeping rates low and propping up Obama's phony economy"

President Trump - "Powell is a disgrace for not keeping rates low and not propping up my phony economy"
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm

And here we are.

Unfortunately.....not every Trump supporter is deplorable....but virtually every deplorable is a Trump supporter....you see how that works?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm
Yes. Change your password. Don't believe everything you read on social media.

Work with the MSM to call out foreign propaganda & disinformation.

We should do what we can to protect our voting systems, but we should have verifiable paper backup.
Agreed on paper back up.

But the rest is impotent as a defense in a world in which Trump says he'd accept foreign help again "who wouldn't?". And the right wing whines about conspiracy mongers like Alex Jones being removed from social media. Remove Muslim extremist propaganda but definitely don't remove white nationalist propaganda.

We can say "don't believe everything you read on social media" all we want, just like we might say don't believe those commercials on TV, but the reality is that we're impacted by repetition, with the most incendiary or otherwise eye catching material having the biggest impact. All the more so when promoted to us by friends, or supposed 'friends'. And, of course, the Russian attack was not simply cyber trolls and bots magnifying the reach of disinformation, they were actually on the ground promoting discord, false narratives and protests.

And that was 2016.

All we need to do is look at that crowd last night and know that they'll believe whatever Trump tells them, truth be damned.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm

And here we are.

Unfortunately.....not every Trump supporter is deplorable....but virtually every deplorable is a Trump supporter....you see how that works?
Can you count them for me please? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm We should do what we can to protect our voting systems, but we should have verifiable paper backup.
We have not done that.

This is where the Russian paranoia comes in----when Trump and McConnell don't work diligently to protect out election systems, out come the tinfoil hats.

What happens when Americans stop trusting the results of our elections?

Kind of a big problem, don't you think?

And when the reports come out of more hacking and Russian probing of our systems in 2020, what do you think will happen?
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm

And here we are.

Can you count them for me please? ;) :lol:
I know ‘em when I see ‘em.....

Return to “POLITICS”