Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by 6ftstick »

BOOTAJUDGE SATS HE DOESN'T WANT TO BLOW UP THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL, BUT, LETS START REMOVING JEFFERSONS NAME FROM HISTORY.

BETTER TO HAVE AN EMPTY SUIT MAYOR NAMED BOOTAJUDGE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS RATHER THEN A KEY FOUNDER OF THE FREEIST SOCIETY IN HUMAN HISTORY AND THE WRITER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.

WE GROW WEARY OF YOU FN CONDESCENDING PRETENTIOUS LIBERALS
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:05 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:41 pm https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/chinas-ne ... o-reality/ coming soon to the good old US of A. 8-)
Only if we adopt authoritarianism...wait...that could be happening under Trumpism.
Scary stuff, for sure.

But if we reject Trumpism soundly, I think this particular kind of social control won't get any traction here, thank goodness. Heck, we're even beginning to reject the widespread deployment of facial recognition technologies. Already rejected drone surveillance of crime ridden neighborhoods. All despite the obvious potential to better combat crime. Privacy tradeoffs are getting greatly increased attention.

But for a fascist state like China, it's actually a brilliant way to influence the population's compliance with social standards. But who sets the standards?
IMO it ain't about Trumpism. Its about the government ever slowly creeping their way into everything we do as Americans. My drive in to work every morning takes me down streets that have those little blue cameras on light poles on every other street corner. It is not being paranoid... but big brother is watching you almost every where you go. In China, they have taken it several steps further. It makes me wonder if the USA will be not that far behind? :roll:
I'm very familiar with what China is doing, both pro and con. My son lives in Shanghai.

As I've said many times, the issue is not right or left, but rather authoritarianism.
Right now that threat is most acute from the 'right' side of our spectrum, but there's no guarantee the left won't have a turn at it.

But we still live in a democratic system, of the people and by the people, with constitutional checks and balances and respecting the rule of law.

Lose that, though, and, yup, we have a lot to be concerned about.
What law? Humans are humans, drive drunk, thru red lights......people are people.......give me your keys to your car........families are families......illegals are.....WELL....ILLEGAL.
Ask again, what law? (massive fraud, NO prosecutions....back in 2008/Tarp) If charges are never brought, does anyone hear the tree fall?

So, what LAW do we need to follow? All? none?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:00 am BOOTAJUDGE SATS HE DOESN'T WANT TO BLOW UP THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL, BUT, LETS START REMOVING JEFFERSONS NAME FROM HISTORY.

BETTER TO HAVE AN EMPTY SUIT MAYOR NAMED BOOTAJUDGE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS RATHER THEN A KEY FOUNDER OF THE FREEIST SOCIETY IN HUMAN HISTORY AND THE WRITER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.

As I apparently don't watch enough Fox News or read Breitbart, I had no idea what your rant was about.

So, I put the Google on it. First up, Breitbart...from that "story":

Nolte: Buttigieg’s Radical Take on Jefferson Proves John F. Kennedy Would Be Republican Today

Mean Little Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s desire to erase Thomas Jefferson from history again proves John F. Kennedy would be a Republican today.

When asked on Friday if the Democrat Party’s annual Jefferson-Jackson dinner should be renamed “because both [Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson] were slaveholders,” Buttigieg was unambiguous about wanting to erase our country’s history, even as it pertains to an irreplaceable Founding Father like Jefferson:

Yeah, we’re doing that in Indiana. I think it’s the right thing to do. Over time, you develop and evolve on the things you choose to honor. … Jefferson is more problematic. You know, there’s a lot to, of course, admire in his thinking and his philosophy. Then again, as you plunge into his writings, especially the notes on the state of Virginia, you know that he knew that slavery was wrong.

It’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books or deleting him from being the Founding Fathers. But naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor. The real reason I think there is a lot of pressure on this is the relationship between the past and present that we’re finding in a million different ways that racism isn’t some curiosity out of the past that we’re embarrassed about but moved on from. It’s alive, it’s well, it’s hurting people, and it’s one of the main reasons to be in politics today, is to try to change or reverse the harms that went along with that. We better find ways to live out and honor that principle.

Buttigieg attempted to walk back those Jefferson comments during a Sunday town hall appearance on the Fox News Channel with Chris Wallace.

Naturally, Mean Little Mayor Pete lied about what he said on Friday.

Naturally, the utterly useless Chris Wallace let him get away with it:

BUTTIGIEG: I think there’s a reason why the Democrat Party, when we’re thinking about the future, about events, especially thinking about how burning of an issue something like racial equity is, we’re thinking twice about naming our events after Jefferson and Jackson. But this is a great example of how the media noise machine on the right wing takes things out of control. So I mentioned this — how some counties are rethinking how some of our events…

So I said basically how Democrat functions might name our event. Maybe we should name it for a person who’s living. Maybe we should name it after a person of color.

Next thing you know, you would have thought I proposed blowing up the Jefferson Memorial in D.C. And folks from Laura Ingraham on this network to columnists actually in the New York Times — so it’s not just a Fox thing — just jumped on that.

Sheesh, classic misrepresentation of his actual words. You whiny Trumpists are really something 6ft.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:56 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:00 am BOOTAJUDGE SATS HE DOESN'T WANT TO BLOW UP THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL, BUT, LETS START REMOVING JEFFERSONS NAME FROM HISTORY.

As I apparently don't watch enough Fox News or read Breitbart, I had no idea what your rant was about.

Nolte: Buttigieg’s Radical Take on Jefferson Proves John F. Kennedy Would Be Republican Today

Mean Little Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s desire to erase Thomas Jefferson from history again proves John F. Kennedy would be a Republican today.

When asked on Friday if the Democrat Party’s annual Jefferson-Jackson dinner should be renamed “because both [Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson] were slaveholders,” Buttigieg was unambiguous about wanting to erase our country’s history, even as it pertains to an irreplaceable Founding Father like Jefferson:

Yeah, we’re doing that in Indiana. I think it’s the right thing to do. Over time, you develop and evolve on the things you choose to honor. … Jefferson is more problematic. You know, there’s a lot to, of course, admire in his thinking and his philosophy. Then again, as you plunge into his writings, especially the notes on the state of Virginia, you know that he knew that slavery was wrong.

It’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books or deleting him from being the Founding Fathers. But naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor. The real reason I think there is a lot of pressure on this is the relationship between the past and present that we’re finding in a million different ways that racism isn’t some curiosity out of the past that we’re embarrassed about but moved on from. It’s alive, it’s well, it’s hurting people, and it’s one of the main reasons to be in politics today, is to try to change or reverse the harms that went along with that. We better find ways to live out and honor that principle.

Buttigieg attempted to walk back those Jefferson comments during a Sunday town hall appearance on the Fox News Channel with Chris Wallace.

BUTTIGIEG: I think there’s a reason why the Democrat Party, when we’re thinking about the future, about events, especially thinking about how burning of an issue something like racial equity is, we’re thinking twice about naming our events after Jefferson and Jackson. But this is a great example of how the media noise machine on the right wing takes things out of control. So I mentioned this — how some counties are rethinking how some of our events…

So I said basically how Democrat functions might name our event. Maybe we should name it for a person who’s living. Maybe we should name it after a person of color.

Next thing you know, you would have thought I proposed blowing up the Jefferson Memorial in D.C. And folks from Laura Ingraham on this network to columnists actually in the New York Times — so it’s not just a Fox thing — just jumped on that.

Sheesh, classic misrepresentation of his actual words. You whiny Trumpists are really something 6ft.
Did you read your last sentence. criticism from the left wing bible the NYTs

Jefferson is more problematic...It’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books or deleting him from being the Founding Fathers. But naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor.

Nah why honor Jefferson.

So in his own words a distinction without a difference
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Did you read your last sentence. criticism from the left wing bible the NYTs

Jefferson is more problematic...It’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books or deleting him from being the Founding Fathers. But naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor.

Nah why honor Jefferson.

So in his own words a distinction without a difference
baloney.
NYT actually publishes op-ed's from the far right. Op-ed's are neither the NYT's hard news dept, nor, necessarily their editorial point of view.

Breitbart flat misrepresents Mayor Pete's words, as did you.
He's very clear that he's talking about naming Democratic Party events, (new events!), and is simply being honest that Jefferson is a source of conflict within the Party and why. It's clear that he respects and honors Jefferson's very important role in history, but it's also a conflicted history. And, as he explains, new events provide an opportunity to honor those not before lifted up to be honored. There are lots of people who fit that description.

But you whiny Trumpists want to think that ANY critique is out of bounds, so you have to grossly misrepresent the meaning and intentions of your perceived 'enemies' in order to fit your skewed angers and resentments.

Whiners.

Of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't those on the far left who aren't whiners and exaggerators too.

But Mayor Pete's not a far lefty.

But apparently that's what makes him actually a threat to Trumpism.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

6" is not a fact based source far too often
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

foreverlax wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:34 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:41 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 am
Boeing stock is rising again (great buy opportunity)
Based on what?

As of today, BA has real risk if it closes below 364, with the major support line at 320. Upside buy should come when a new double top closes at 392...here is where I would consider a partial position.

While in this range, I would be inclined to wait until a more stable bottom has been put it or a clear breakout to the upside.
BA gave a buy signal when it broke out above 388....stock rose to 396.

BA now down to 377, putting in a reversal from the buy signal...if BA closes below 364, it will be taking out a triple bottom support.
BA has tested 364 three times, so there is solid support at that price. The last reversal from 396 to 364 (triple bottom) BA now sits at 381.72, with pre-market trades at 384.65. Earning on 4/24.

This upside move has overhead resistance at 396....for now, it looks like a 30 point range.
BA broke out of a long trading range - the recent high of 396 and 3 previous bottoms at 394. With the recent pullback, BA now sits at 339, breaking the 394 price floor...with gusto.

With these lower highs and lower lows, Boeing sits on it's long term support line....
The recent bounce from the support line ($344) to $360 and it's recent reversal, has put the stock back on it's long term support line, again. The trend of lower highs and the potential for breaking the support at $340, is concerning. BA is under water vs 50, 150 and 200 day moving averages.

On the other hand, relative strength vs the market is still positive.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not a good look.

San Francisco’s Quality-of-Life Toll
The high cost of low-level crime in the City by the Bay

Many in law enforcement blame the crime wave on Proposition 47, which in 2014 downgraded possession of illegal narcotics for personal use and theft of anything under $950 in value from felonies to misdemeanors. Anti-incarceration advocates disagree with that argument, but theft is indisputably booming, and narcotics activity is exploding on sidewalks, parks, and playgrounds. When compounded with other troubles for which the city is now infamous (human feces, filth, and homelessness, which is up 17 percent since 2017), San Franciscans find themselves surrounded by squalor and disorder.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:13 am Not a good look.

San Francisco’s Quality-of-Life Toll
The high cost of low-level crime in the City by the Bay

Many in law enforcement blame the crime wave on Proposition 47, which in 2014 downgraded possession of illegal narcotics for personal use and theft of anything under $950 in value from felonies to misdemeanors. Anti-incarceration advocates disagree with that argument, but theft is indisputably booming, and narcotics activity is exploding on sidewalks, parks, and playgrounds. When compounded with other troubles for which the city is now infamous (human feces, filth, and homelessness, which is up 17 percent since 2017), San Franciscans find themselves surrounded by squalor and disorder.
That's a Manhattan Institute publication?
ok, right wing.

San Fran indeed appears to have a much more significant property crime issue than violent crime; they actually have a relatively low violent crime rate for a big city. But perhaps need to get to work on the property crime issue.

What made me chuckle about the article, including your quote, was the impression it gives that San Fran isn't a desirable place to live. Apparently because of it's liberal politics, it's a place of squalor, highly undesirable. Which of course doesn't explain why the cost of housing is so high...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The failed economic states like AL, LA.KS etc need CA to be a high growth economic success so they can be net users of those fed tax dollars. That said RE prices are high because demand is high. Demand is high because people want to live there among other reasons because there is better opportunity. In general people find they cooperate better and diversity boosts productivity
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:44 am The failed economic states like AL, LA.KS etc need CA to be a high growth economic success so they can be net users of those fed tax dollars. That said RE prices are high because demand is high. Demand is high because people want to live there among other reasons because there is better opportunity. In general people find they cooperate better and diversity boosts productivity
Yup.
Which is why it made me chuckle to hear how undesirable San Fran is according to the Manhattan Institute pub.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I guess the M I doesn’t really believe in the market at heart
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:53 am
OCanada wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:44 am The failed economic states like AL, LA.KS etc need CA to be a high growth economic success so they can be net users of those fed tax dollars. That said RE prices are high because demand is high. Demand is high because people want to live there among other reasons because there is better opportunity. In general people find they cooperate better and diversity boosts productivity
Yup.
Which is why it made me chuckle to hear how undesirable San Fran is according to the Manhattan Institute pub.
Not sure men an women are openly defecating on the streets in Alabama Louisianna or Kansas. Downtown outside expensive restaurants and office towers. Or that there are used hypodermics everywhere in the streets.

But I guess its what you're willing to accept as symbols of productivety and affluence.
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD
No one who has spent any time calls San Francisco or the City - San Fran. That is a HUGE rookie mistake😄 That is what us poor folk call an Ivy League move😎
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 pm 6" is not a fact based source far too often

So often true of other righties as well. Their declarations being mostly emotional outbursts rather than fact based analyses.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Guess 6’ has never been to a roll tide party.

CA 5/6 best economy in the world. Deep South not so much other than a bunch of failed economies
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

His willingness to just hop aboard whatever misrepresentative bandwagon that some right-wing oracle starts is really the most disturbing thing about 6foot. There is absolutely no discernment to the guy. To the extent that he and Saggy Ice Cream Boy are illustrative of what's out there, it is pretty alarming.

As a troll, he is, I have to confess, a spectacular success.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 amNot sure men an women are openly defecating on the streets in Alabama Louisianna or Kansas. Downtown outside expensive restaurants and office towers. Or that there are used hypodermics everywhere in the streets.

But I guess its what you're willing to accept as symbols of productivety and affluence.
That's because there aren't any expensive restaurants or office towers there ;)

In reality they are defecating in the streets in Alabama, Louisiana, Kansas and elsewhere, there is just a lower concentration of homeless.

I also just listened to a podcast that talked about how Boy Scouts in Bath County Kentucky can no longer do road cleanups for volunteer work as there are too many hypodermic needles on the side of the roads.

The massive income gap and opioid crisis affects the entire country.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Wow that is allot to digest. People calling people out for biased info and opinions - pot meet kettle.

I am assuming I am the ice cream guy -stands for Lake and Mountain. I own one on each - come join the party.

I just traveled back from mountains. Some of you should get off the keyboard. Great country out there.

Best bumper sticker I saw - 2020 President - any adult

Best label on back of truck carrying a load of farm animals - I was born with nothing and still have 3/4 left

Best ad on truck - man for hire - maintenance only

Less then 2 years left before an election.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

You are not the Ice Cream guy, LandM.

Return to “POLITICS”