Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The GOP, Its Past, Present and Future Direction

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:44 am
CU77 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 pmBTW, The other reference, The Accredited Times, with an anonymous writer, looks like a false flag Russian sponsored propaganda site.
It's actually satire. The author, MillionDollarBonus, has been writing fake ultra-left stuff for years. He started out as a commenter at Zero Hedge a decade or so ago.

Everybody over there at Accredited Times (note how that phrase actually makes no sense) is pretty funny. Here's one of my recent faves:
Guatemalans need our help. Corporations need cheap labor. The Democrat Party needs votes.
It’s time to annex Guatemala.
https://www.accredited-times.com/2019/0 ... guatemala/
It was clearly not accurate, good to know it's actual satire...but cradle apparently thought it was real left wing views.
There is so much radical far left hyperbole out there who can differentiate satire from the real thing? Actually if you read this forum every day you will get a heaping helping of FLP indoctrination... 8-) It is comforting to know that the true blue lefties out there know the fakes from the real deal. :D Does that mean yellow guy is really just a prankster jerking our chain? :mrgreen:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That's MRS. MITCH McCONNELL we're talking about, here...

"Transportation Department Secretary Elaine Chao reportedly made a series of abnormal requests to accommodate her family members ahead of an official visit to China in October 2017. The trip was then abruptly canceled after an official at the U.S. embassy in Beijing contacted the State Department with an “ethics question” about her asks, The New York Times reported.

The requests were to have federal officials arrange travel for at least one Chao family member. She also reportedly asked to have family members in government meetings, according to emails obtained by the Times.

“She had these relatives who were fairly wealthy and connected to the shipping industry,” according to a State Department official involved in planning the visit. “Their business interests were potentially affected by meetings.”

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:32 am That's MRS. MITCH McCONNELL we're talking about, here...

"Transportation Department Secretary Elaine Chao reportedly made a series of abnormal requests to accommodate her family members ahead of an official visit to China in October 2017. The trip was then abruptly canceled after an official at the U.S. embassy in Beijing contacted the State Department with an “ethics question” about her asks, The New York Times reported.

The requests were to have federal officials arrange travel for at least one Chao family member. She also reportedly asked to have family members in government meetings, according to emails obtained by the Times.

“She had these relatives who were fairly wealthy and connected to the shipping industry,” according to a State Department official involved in planning the visit. “Their business interests were potentially affected by meetings.”

... and people wonder why McConnell is such a Trump toady...
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Yeah, you wonder how the meatloafs in Kentucky feel about all this "family" business...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 pmBTW, The other reference, The Accredited Times, with an anonymous writer, looks like a false flag Russian sponsored propaganda site.
It's actually satire. The author, MillionDollarBonus, has been writing fake ultra-left stuff for years. He started out as a commenter at Zero Hedge a decade or so ago.

Everybody over there at Accredited Times (note how that phrase actually makes no sense) is pretty funny. Here's one of my recent faves:
Guatemalans need our help. Corporations need cheap labor. The Democrat Party needs votes.
It was clearly not accurate, good to know it's actual satire...but cradle apparently thought it was real left wing views.
There is so much radical far left hyperbole out there who can differentiate satire from the real thing? Actually if you read this forum every day you will get a heaping helping of FLP indoctrination... 8-) It is comforting to know that the true blue lefties out there know the fakes from the real deal. :D Does that mean yellow guy is really just a prankster jerking our chain? :mrgreen:
I think there's a lot less 'radical far left hyperbole' than you apparently think there is.
Again, watch out for the Russian sponsored stuff.

But sure, you'll find some nut jobs out there.
I disagree about those on the left participating on this site. I don't find them 'radical', and that's coming from a moderate conservative 61-yr old, white guy perspective.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:19 pm

I think there's a lot less 'radical far left hyperbole' than you apparently think there is.

I disagree about those on the left participating on this site. I don't find them 'radical', and that's coming from a moderate conservative 61-yr old, white guy perspective.

I disagree with that statement all day long. I have read links from my favorite FLP poster here. It is out there in huge quantities. You don't have to look that hard or that far. In regards to the link I posted... I found myself chuckling at it. If the author of it is using satire to make his point he has proven that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He is Rich Little when it comes to impersonating mainstream FLP ideology. Whatever the motivation he nailed it when it comes to representing what the FLP folks are all about. Just to clarify because I use the phrase FLP quite often. I am not speaking of your average run of the mill liberal... librul as Dis would say.

I am speaking of the crazy, mad, insane Far Left Extreme wing of the Democrat party. Well actually it could be said that they are the Democrat party today. :roll: These are the folks that are completely unhinged from any sense of reality. They are the equivalent of the extreme Christian right wing of the republican party. They see things in one dimension and what they believe is the only correct way to believe period. These are the people that boo a respected Democrat like John Hickenlooper off of the stage because he is not radical enough for them. These are the people that will help Trump be re-elected to a second term. Defeating Trump should be as easy as baking an apple pie. The Democrats are turning it into an adventure in quantum physics. It is stunning to me to see how myopic the Democrats have become. There are no thick enough coke bottle lenses out there right now to give them any vision at all.

My rant is over, in the big scheme of things whatever the democrats choose to do with their candidate is their own damn business. I am not a democrat but I am a good enough poker player to know when someone is kicking good money into a losing hand. IMO democrats sure as hell are not good poker players. There are 20% of all registered voters that are the wild card they need to win. They can only bluff for so long until they are called on to show their cards.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:15 pm

I disagree with that statement all day long. I have read links from my favorite FLP poster here. It is out there in huge quantities. You don't have to look that hard or that far. In regards to the link I posted... I found myself chuckling at it. If the author of it is using satire to make his point he has proven that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He is Rich Little when it comes to impersonating mainstream FLP ideology. Whatever the motivation he nailed it when it comes to representing what the FLP folks are all about. Just to clarify because I use the phrase FLP quite often. I am not speaking of your average run of the mill liberal... librul as Dis would say.

I am speaking of the crazy, mad, insane Far Left Extreme wing of the Democrat party. Well actually it could be said that they are the Democrat party today. :roll: These are the folks that are completely unhinged from any sense of reality. They are the equivalent of the extreme Christian right wing of the republican party. They see things in one dimension and what they believe is the only correct way to believe period. These are the people that boo a respected Democrat like John Hickenlooper off of the stage because he is not radical enough for them. These are the people that will help Trump be re-elected to a second term. Defeating Trump should be as easy as baking an apple pie. The Democrats are turning it into an adventure in quantum physics. It is stunning to me to see how myopic the Democrats have become. There are no thick enough coke bottle lenses out there right now to give them any vision at all.

My rant is over, in the big scheme of things whatever the democrats choose to do with their candidate is their own damn business. I am not a democrat but I am a good enough poker player to know when someone is kicking good money into a losing hand. IMO democrats sure as hell are not good poker players. There are 20% of all registered voters that are the wild card they need to win. They can only bluff for so long until they are called on to show their cards.
good rant!

It's just that I read these pages too and I don't read anywhere near the kind of extreme things you seem to perceive. The stuff on that site is just ridiculous and I don't see anything akin to that here, or, for that matter anywhere being shown on the MSM.

I think you greatly exaggerate how far 'extreme' the views of these folks are. That said, I do think that there are those on the left who are overly impatient to try some very bold actions to address issues. And they are sometimes intolerant of those who advocate a more moderate, though nevertheless 'progressive', pace and approach. And that could indeed alienate some of those in the middle who might otherwise be fed up with Trump and Trumpism.

But when I turn on Fox (or talk to my brother-in-law!) you'd think everyone on the left was a lazy good for nothing on the dole or, alternatively, a bleeding heart liberal wanting to encourage those on the dole to be lazy, good for nothings.

Just not remotely accurate. And the anger is really a bit scary.

BTW, my brother-in-law was a Tea Party guy, went to lots of rallies, hates Obama...etc. Supposedly because of the deficits and the ACA (which he's on as a currently unemployed cyber whiz...he's been unemployed now for 18 months, keeps turning down jobs that pay $200k+ because they aren't challenging enough and, at 64, this will be his 'last job' so it needs to be the right one...yet complains about people not working, immigrant 'invasion'...). He lives in our basement and doesn't pay rent. My wife, his sister, makes sure he's fed healthy food as he's diabetic.

And how's that US deficit doing???

We can't really even talk about politics any more.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pm

good rant!

It's just that I read these pages too and I don't read anywhere near the kind of extreme things you seem to perceive. The stuff on that site is just ridiculous and I don't see anything akin to that here, or, for that matter anywhere being shown on the MSM.

I think you greatly exaggerate how far 'extreme' the views of these folks are. That said, I do think that there are those on the left who are overly impatient to try some very bold actions to address issues. And they are sometimes intolerant of those who advocate a more moderate, though nevertheless 'progressive', pace and approach. And that could indeed alienate some of those in the middle who might otherwise be fed up with Trump and Trumpism.

But when I turn on Fox (or talk to my brother-in-law!) you'd think everyone on the left was a lazy good for nothing on the dole or, alternatively, a bleeding heart liberal wanting to encourage those on the dole to be lazy, good for nothings.

BTW, my brother-in-law was a Tea Party guy, went to lots of rallies, hates Obama...etc. Supposedly because of the deficits and the ACA (which he's on as a currently unemployed cyber whiz...he's been unemployed now for 18 months, keeps turning down jobs that pay $200k+ because they aren't challenging enough and, at 64, this will be his 'last job' so it needs to be the right one...yet complains about people not working, immigrant 'invasion'...). He lives in our basement and doesn't pay rent. My wife, his sister, makes sure he's fed healthy food as he's diabetic.

The US deficit is an abomination that neither party is capable of fixing. Explain to me why the Democrats in California booed John Hickenlooper off of their stage? Explain to me how that simple action does not define the Democrats that hijacked their party are not everything I have said they are. If you are talking about angry people you have just defined the present leadership of the democrat party. I forgot... your a Republican... what would you know about such things as that. :P Just for the record, if the Democrats win... good for them... What is their plan? I know it starts with free healthcare for everyone. The honest answer would be that outside of hating Trump... they don't have a clue. You have a very rough thumbnail sketch about what my wife and I are now going through. If you think for one minute my wife and I would turn over our healthcare and medical care to these jackwagons… you have not been down the same road that we have. If you are damn lucky... you never will.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pmBTW, my brother-in-law ... keeps turning down jobs that pay $200k+ because they aren't challenging enough ... He lives in our basement and doesn't pay rent.
Your personal tolerance level is WAY above mine, Md …
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pmBTW, my brother-in-law ... keeps turning down jobs that pay $200k+ because they aren't challenging enough ... He lives in our basement and doesn't pay rent.
Your personal tolerance level is WAY above mine, Md …
I agree... dude should be flipping burgers and using his smarts to find his arse a job.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pm

good rant!

The US deficit is an abomination that neither party is capable of fixing. Explain to me why the Democrats in California booed John Hickenlooper off of their stage? Explain to me how that simple action does not define the Democrats that hijacked their party are not everything I have said they are. If you are talking about angry people you have just defined the present leadership of the democrat party. I forgot... your a Republican... what would you know about such things as that. :P Just for the record, if the Democrats win... good for them... What is their plan? I know it starts with free healthcare for everyone. The honest answer would be that outside of hating Trump... they don't have a clue. You have a very rough thumbnail sketch about what my wife and I are now going through. If you think for one minute my wife and I would turn over our healthcare and medical care to these jackwagons… you have not been down the same road that we have. If you are damn lucky... you never will.
As I wasn't there, I can't tell you anything about what folks were thinking, except that the activists in CA are indeed very likely looking for bold, big progressive actions, and fire and brimstone re Trump, not a moderate guy like Hickenlooper. Note that Biden, who is 3X all other candidates right now didn't even bother to come to CA. He went to Ohio.

There are several quite moderate Dem candidates who are quite appealing, at least in my opinion, but Biden's lapping the field by ignoring them all, and instead focusing on presenting himself as the high probability to defeat Trump...which a very big chunk of the Dems prefer to losing! Personally, I like some of the other moderate candidates more than Biden, but he'll do.

I disagree with those who think he'll not excite enough of the base; they're super energized by the binary choice between anyone and Trump, they'll post. I also think that someone like Biden will pull someone appealing to some of those key voting constituencies that he'll need, eg Kamala Harris, for a VP choice. He could well be a one and done President, turning the baton over in 2024.

On the healthcare aspect, I think what we'll see emerge from these primary contests is a public option choice, a Medicare-for-all choice, alongside private for profit and not-for-profit alternatives as currently exist in the marketplace. You'll be able to choose what you want, but in the long run the public option is very likely to win out in the marketplace, though I think we'll continue to see privately administered Medicare Advantage type plans. Not the end of the world.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's now going in the direction of increasing military spending to build a wall and to make up for bone spur deferments:

"However, Trump added, he has increased the Pentagon’s budget during his tenure, which he said should be considered as an amends to avoiding service.

"I think I make up for it right now,” Trump said, describing a proposed defense budget that will approach $750 billion in 2020. “I think I am making up for it rapidly.”

r's also think that a purple heart is joke and an entitlement.

How soon until we get rid of Vietnam Memorial, and other waste of space money sucking swamp features, to build a hotel?

MAGA
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Funny Biden getting ripped for plagiarizing some environmental idea - he didn’t have a citation?! What was it that Mel stole?

Considering Trump has never had an original idea, has never taken a coherent position on pretty much anything and lies daily. Who gives a fig
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I thought this is the time where we should be celebrating those who sacrificed and gave their life on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, not a man who avoided military service.

.@GOPChairwoman:

We are celebrating the anniversary, 75 years of D-Day. This is the time where we should be celebrating our President, the great achievements of America, and I don't think the American people like the constant negativity.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Ny father fought in the North Atlantic in the Navy. My mother was a triage nurse working with the wounded. I should be celebrating a guy who thinks because pentagon spending went up it makes up for anything? I don't think so and they would never.
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 am I thought this is the time where we should be celebrating those who sacrificed and gave their life on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, not a man who avoided military service.

.@GOPChairwoman:

We are celebrating the anniversary, 75 years of D-Day. This is the time where we should be celebrating our President, the great achievements of America, and I don't think the American people like the constant negativity.
You can bet that the way our President avoided military service is weighing pretty heavily on his mind on this day and the previous couple of days while honoring those who made such incredible sacrifices, including the ultimate one.
As an Army brat, I consider myself lucky to have been so heavily influenced by the greatest generation. Growing up on Army bases in the 50s and early 60s, a huge percentage of the men I was surrounded by wore Purple Hearts and medals for bravery on the battlefield (including my father). These were men's men, mind over matter guys who weren't big on excuses and alibis like our President is. It's pretty hard for me to "celebrate our President", he'll always be a snivling little chickens*** in my book (not because he avoided possibly making the trip to Southeast Asia, but because of the way he did it).
I visited the Normandy American Cemetary and Memorial with my family as an 11 yr old kid, it definitely brough out a lot of emotion and solemn behavior from both of my parents....my mom survived the intense bombing of Stuttgart as a teenage gal growing up there. Interesting couple to be standing there with.
Hats off to that generation, have a ton of respect for them.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:48 pm Funny Biden getting ripped for plagiarizing some environmental idea - he didn’t have a citation?! What was it that Mel stole?

Considering Trump has never had an original idea, has never taken a coherent position on pretty much anything and lies daily. Who gives a fig
Laughed pretty hard when I saw this story being reported, especially the Fox News account. They were so serious. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 am I thought this is the time where we should be celebrating those who sacrificed and gave their life on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day, not a man who avoided military service.

.@GOPChairwoman:

You can bet that the way our President avoided military service is weighing pretty heavily on his mind on this day and the previous couple of days while honoring those who made such incredible sacrifices, including the ultimate one.
As an Army brat, I consider myself lucky to have been so heavily influenced by the greatest generation. Growing up on Army bases in the 50s and early 60s, a huge percentage of the men I was surrounded by wore Purple Hearts and medals for bravery on the battlefield (including my father). These were men's men, mind over matter guys who weren't big on excuses and alibis like our President is. It's pretty hard for me to "celebrate our President", he'll always be a snivling little chickens*** in my book (not because he avoided possibly making the trip to Southeast Asia, but because of the way he did it).
I visited the Normandy American Cemetary and Memorial with my family as an 11 yr old kid, it definitely brough out a lot of emotion and solemn behavior from both of my parents....my mom survived the intense bombing of Stuttgart as a teenage gal growing up there. Interesting couple to be standing there with.
Hats off to that generation, have a ton of respect for them.

Love the story. I am guessing your mom and dad meet during the war. Not an uncommon story at the time, lots of war brides. Just highlights the stupidity of war; how life goes on and flourishes even under the most difficult of conditions. The common man is an amazing creature.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the party of moral & family values:

:oops:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.@GOPChairwoman:

Yes, Ronna thinks this is all about the Orange Turd. Just wait a month, these pieces of beans are trying to make 4th of July a celebration of his grand bone spur-ness. :roll:

Everything this administration does is an exercise in branding. They really do think the American people are stupid.

Return to “POLITICS”