All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by jhu72 »

Man disappearing from this planet may not be such a bad thing.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:21 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:14 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 pm Really good article on Vox about how to keep US temp rise to 1.5C by nothing than a rapid conversion to electricity from renewable sources, plus everything electric:

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... -electrify

So all cars as they wear out get replaced by electric cars. Furnaces -> heat pumps (ground source up north). Etc.

Would be Manhattan project scale, but would not require really much change in lifestyle, so take a look...
before I read this.......just want to know if BTU's are mentioned, ever.

also, what is a "renewable" resource.

I LOVE.....absolutely LOVE stopping the traffick on Morrissey BLVD. I mean....electric cars? What the heck. why can't people just walk to work. Or take the T (public transportation) or, better yet, drive a bike to work. All this focus on cars. it's stupid...or, hypocritical
I was on Morrissey back in the early Summer. You probably on it with your bicycle!
Yup......Gary Fisher mtn bike. Made in the USA

Your bike? Oh, wait, I bet you drive a range rover
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 am Man disappearing from this planet may not be such a bad thing.
As long as the planet does it in a fair and equal fashion. There should be no prejudice involved when it comes to the extinction of the human race. if one goes then we all go.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 am Man disappearing from this planet may not be such a bad thing.
exactly.....so why do you care if a couple 100k Trump voters die ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 pm Really good article on Vox about how to keep US temp rise to 1.5C by nothing than a rapid conversion to electricity from renewable sources, plus everything electric:

So all cars as they wear out get replaced by electric cars. Furnaces -> heat pumps (ground source up north). Etc.

Would be Manhattan project scale, but would not require really much change in lifestyle, so take a look...

I LOVE.....absolutely LOVE stopping the traffick on Morrissey BLVD. I mean....electric cars? What the heck. why can't people just walk to work. Or take the T (public transportation) or, better yet, drive a bike to work. All this focus on cars. it's stupid...or, hypocritical
I was on Morrissey back in the early Summer. You probably on it with your bicycle!

I have a GT Hybrid. Not sure where it as made. I bought it years ago.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 am
exactly.....so why do you care if a couple 100k Trump voters die ?
Feigned outrage to hate Orange Man
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 am

so, you DO drive a range rover.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 am

No...nor a Volvo. Before I moved to CT, I told a friend that I went to undergrad with who was from Willimantic, CT that everyone in CT drove a Volvo and had a sweater tied around their neck and played tennis at their club. I was wrong.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

No...nor a Volvo. Before I moved to CT, I told a friend that I went to undergrad with who was from Willimantic, CT that everyone in CT drove a Volvo and had a sweater tied around their neck and played tennis at their club. I was wrong.
Oh no.....not an F150 :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

You should read the Sixth Extinction. It is a good book.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 am

Oh no.....not an F150 :lol:
No.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Audi?

comeon, what kind of car do you drive? Whatever vehicle that would not embarrass on the expensive summer club circuit. When going for a tour of a certain PA Div 3 school, located in Carlisle, the "student' parking lots oldest car was a 2014 Lexus SUV. I knew this wasn't the place for the offspring, learning how to be "woke", ignoring the income inequality problem . Even around Dick a son college.

Kind of like John Kerry opening the market, smiling because his "new" company wants to make energy SO expensive , for the poor....furthering their turmoil.

Way to go mr. heinz
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

https://planetofthehumans.com/fact-check-bible/

Why does the oligarchy suppress these type of films?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:08 am

Audi?

comeon, what kind of car do you drive? Whatever vehicle that would not embarrass on the expensive summer club circuit. When going for a tour of a certain PA Div 3 school, located in Carlisle, the "student' parking lots oldest car was a 2014 Lexus SUV. I knew this wasn't the place for the offspring, learning how to be "woke", ignoring the income inequality problem . Even around Dick a son college.

Kind of like John Kerry opening the market, smiling because his "new" company wants to make energy SO expensive , for the poor....furthering their turmoil.

Way to go mr. heinz
Nothing fancy. A Lexus and a Honda Pilot. I am not much of a car guy.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Overlooked News Of The Day
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ca ... n-gas-cars
California will outlaw the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm
California will outlaw the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035.
Saving the planet, one internal combustion engine at a time. :)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 pm
I'm guessing you could still buy a gas engine powered car in nevada and take it to California?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 pm
I'm guessing you could still buy a gas engine powered car in nevada and take it to California?
Yea....that really makes sense for a state that tells people to turn off their electricity, with rolling blackouts. Just add more load to the grid....that'll solve it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 pm

While I'm on board with that, it's interesting just how much responsibility has been shifted to the consumer. Everyone angry over straws? That's a literal drop in the ocean vs. industry, especially fishing as fishing gear is estimated to make up half the trash in the ocean. But what eats up the news cycles? Electric cars? 15 of the largest cargo ships emit the same amount of greenhouse gases as all cars in the world combined. But what eats up the news cycles and what kind of hype machine is driving Te$la stock?

I always give C&S a hard time when he talks about the money aspect. The "trillions" he talks about isn't anywhere near what's being spent on reducing our effect on the environment, but even if it was? You've got tens to hundreds of trillions in revenue every year invested in the status quo globally, with companies deflecting blame while only being interested in small, incremental change they control.

It's been a very, very uphill battle, and will be until it may be too late.
Thank you...thank you. Big bear hug. Thank you.

Now, if only could get the liberal pretend climate change people to attack Mitch McConnels father in law, who owns quite a few of those slow China boats.

Return to “POLITICS”