All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:28 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 am This would be funny if it was not so sad. r’s are so dumb, no wonder they hate knowledge/education/science. Rep. Thomas Massie, a Kentucky Republican was questioning

GOP Rep. Massie to John Kerry: Isn't true you have a science degree from Yale?
KERRY: Bachelor of Arts degree.
MASSIE: Is it a political science degree?
KERRY: Yes, political science.
MASSIE: How do get a Bachelor of Arts in a science?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4382 ... nce-degree

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 ... ate-change
BTW, I have a BA with a major in both mathematics and physics - and that was the ONLY option at my liberal arts college (Albion). And had no problem getting into a PhD program in physics...

But Massie, who was doing the questioning has both a BS and MS from (get this!) MIT. The funny thing is it appears that his education was lost on him. (Actually I think he was trying to score cheap political points and got caught at least by the Twitterverse...)
You shouldn't generalize from the individual to the group, but lets just say I am not even a little surprised. I have a number of really funny true stories about some MIT undergrads from my grad school days. Dumbest smart guy themed.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:05 am
CU88 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 am This would be funny if it was not so sad. r’s are so dumb, no wonder they hate knowledge/education/science. Rep. Thomas Massie, a Kentucky Republican was questioning

BTW, I have a BA with a major in both mathematics and physics - and that was the ONLY option at my liberal arts college (Albion). And had no problem getting into a PhD program in physics...

But Massie, who was doing the questioning has both a BS and MS from (get this!) MIT. The funny thing is it appears that his education was lost on him. (Actually I think he was trying to score cheap political points and got caught at least by the Twitterverse...)
You shouldn't generalize from the individual to the group, but lets just say I am not even a little surprised. I have a number of really funny true stories about some MIT undergrads from my grad school days. Dumbest smart guy themed.
No group generalization intended. This particular individual owns all of his statements - he apparently did not learn enough from the very fine institution he attended.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:20 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:05 am

No group generalization intended. This particular individual owns all of his statements - he apparently did not learn enough from the very fine institution he attended.
I did the generalizing, not you. Its wrong, but sometimes in life your (my) experience is such you just can't avoid it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

"Donald Trump issued on Monday an Earth Day proclamation that omitted any mention of climate change or the cavalcade of environmental threats posed by deforestation, species loss and plastic pollution. The president chose instead to praise the benefits of a 'strong market economy.'" – Oliver Milman for The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... et-economy

What a dolt.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ToastDunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:41 pm "Donald Trump issued on Monday an Earth Day proclamation that omitted any mention of climate change or the cavalcade of environmental threats posed by deforestation, species loss and plastic pollution. The president chose instead to praise the benefits of a 'strong market economy.'" – Oliver Milman for The Guardian

What a dolt.
Dolt doesn't begin to cover it. :lol:
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:24 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:41 pm "Donald Trump issued on Monday an Earth Day proclamation that omitted any mention of climate change or the cavalcade of environmental threats posed by deforestation, species loss and plastic pollution. The president chose instead to praise the benefits of a 'strong market economy.'" – Oliver Milman for The Guardian

What a dolt.
All my other options would have gotten me tossed from the forum. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ToastDunk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:56 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:24 pm

What a dolt.
All my other options would have gotten me tossed from the forum. :oops:

Speaking of DOLTS that environmental mental midget extremist strikes again...https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-d ... kyscrapers I bet this idea will go over like a fart in church with the ironworkers and glazers unions. Maybe 72 can go to their next big union meeting and sooth all their ruffled feathers and explain to them all how they are destroying the planet. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Just what New York needs, more skyscrapers. YAWN.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm Just what New York needs, more skyscrapers. YAWN.
So long as you have the strawberries to explain your logic to the ironworkers. I bet you wind up with a red hot rivet stuck up your ass. :lol: NYC may not need more skyscrapers but our country likewise does not need any more dumbass PhDs. Maybe there is a tradeoff to be made somewhere... ;) Do you really think this brain damaged idea of Mayor numbnuts will make it past all of the union folks that run NYC... not a chance in hell. These Union folks run NYC... this brain fart of Mayor numbnuts will never happen. he could wind up closer to Jimmy Hoffa in the afterlife than he might ever know.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm Just what New York needs, more skyscrapers. YAWN.
So long as you have the strawberries to explain your logic to the ironworkers. I bet you wind up with a red hot rivet stuck up your ass. :lol: NYC may not need more skyscrapers but our country likewise does not need any more dumbass PhDs. Maybe there is a tradeoff to be made somewhere... ;) Do you really think this brain damaged idea of Mayor numbnuts will make it past all of the union folks that run NYC... not a chance in hell. These Union folks run NYC... this brain fart of Mayor numbnuts will never happen. he could wind up closer to Jimmy Hoffa in the afterlife than he might ever know.
dumbass PhDs.
Do you even try?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:22 am
dumbass PhDs.
Do you even try?
Do you understand sarcasm? I was picking on 72. Lighten up guy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 am
dumbass PhDs.
Do you even try?
I do understand sarcasm....where is the "irony"?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Climate change and economics of "warmer" countries:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/22/economy/ ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Deplorable
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 am
dumbass PhDs.
Do you even try?
I do understand sarcasm....where is the "irony"?
The irony will come when thousands of loyal democrat ironworkers, glazers, electricians, carpenters, masons can't find work anymore. Can anybody out there tell me how you can build skyscrapers without steel and glass? This only proves that mayor numbnuts is even dumber than he has led us all to believe. I was hoping that maybe just one of the FLP wankers out here would make that observation. Guess I was wrong. How do you build a skyscraper without windows? I suppose you can use paper mache to form the I beams but sooner or later your probably going to need windows. :D
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am Climate change and economics of "warmer" countries:

India is poor (er) ? What the heck are we doing selling them killing machines then? With credit , no less.

But, of course, this gem from the article:

The report doesn't describe exactly how rising temperatures have depressed economic growth

No. Of course it doesn't. INcome inequality blamed on climate, or warming. :lol: BTW, what climate are we changing too? SHould I move the plants outside, into the raised beds. Today? What do you pretends think? How about in Frederick County, MD? Should the feminized seedlings be planted outside. Today? The Amish planting corn today? How about the fields outside of Portsmouth, NH?

Help the farmers out. ......when should they plant? Since there is a change in the climate. :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am Climate change and economics of "warmer" countries:

India is poor (er) ? What the heck are we doing selling them killing machines then? With credit , no less.

But, of course, this gem from the article:

The report doesn't describe exactly how rising temperatures have depressed economic growth

No. Of course it doesn't. INcome inequality blamed on climate, or warming. :lol: BTW, what climate are we changing too? SHould I move the plants outside, into the raised beds. Today? What do you pretends think? How about in Frederick County, MD? Should the feminized seedlings be planted outside. Today? The Amish planting corn today? How about the fields outside of Portsmouth, NH?

Help the farmers out. ......when should they plant? Since there is a change in the climate. :roll:
A warmer one
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Warmer? That's rich. Not a 70 degree, or higher, day predicted in my...or in your....neck of the woods for the next two weeks. Sunday nite....in the 30's.

Does the USDA employ "scientists", or are the LACK of change in grow zones mostly ignored by the believers?

White Widow seeds, at $20 bucks a whack......you can't just throw them outside now. Can you?

This might help

https://www.arborday.org/media/mapchanges.cfm
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”