The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:09 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Hole shamolies, Joltin Joe has no sense of fashion at all. Way too much blue and the gaudiest most ugly effing curtains I have ever seen in my life. His office looks like there should be someone laid out where his desk is. Come on maaaaaaaaan who the hell sold you on that interior decorating idea. :D
Hate to burst your bubble, but the curtains are the same as were there for Trump. Joe swapped out the rugs, furniture, Jackson painting for one of Franklin and added portraits of Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Jefferson and Hamilton by the fireplace.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Joe also removed the Putin bust.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:06 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:09 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Hole shamolies, Joltin Joe has no sense of fashion at all. Way too much blue and the gaudiest most ugly effing curtains I have ever seen in my life. His office looks like there should be someone laid out where his desk is. Come on maaaaaaaaan who the hell sold you on that interior decorating idea. :D
Hate to burst your bubble, but the curtains are the same as were there for Trump. Joe swapped out the rugs, furniture, Jackson painting for one of Franklin and added portraits of Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Jefferson and Hamilton by the fireplace.
Still looks like a funeral home. Maybe Joe should also think about new curtains.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:13 pm Joe also removed the Putin bust.
What about the churchill bust? Barry sent that packing back to England PDQ.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Not sure. I think it is still in the White House but not in the Oval?
old salt

Post by old salt »

...replaced it with Mao.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:32 pm
...replaced it with Mao.
:lol: +1
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm
...replaced it with Mao.
Welcome back Chester.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm
...replaced it with Mao.
Given what the two of you think we should do with China, and the cheering you did with Trump's handling of China?

I'm overjoyed that Biden put Mao's bust in the White House. +2! :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

...replaced it with Mao.
Not so worried about the Mao bust. The Putin bust had a bug in it, placed there when T**** let all of the Russians into the Oval Office during that visit when he kept all the Americans out.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:57 pm
...replaced it with Mao.
Not so worried about the Mao bust. The Putin bust had a bug in it, placed there when T**** let all of the Russians into the Oval Office during that visit when he kept all the Americans out.
Huawei donated the Mao bust. :?
DocBarrister

Trump Strengthened China

Post by DocBarrister »

...replaced it with Mao.
No one did more to strengthen China’s global position than Donald Trump. China won the trade war and now leads the world’s largest trade block. And somehow, it was the United States, not China, that was harmed the most by COVID-19.

Plus, the violent attack on the Capitol strengthened China’s arguments against democracy.

It’s stunning how ignorant some Americans are of the damage Trump has done to the United States.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

radical far right reichsters waste no time in assigning blame for all the hassles created by tRUMP to Biden:

https://images.dailykos.com/images/9081 ... 75-web.png
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Well, for one thing...i happen to feel like this $15-an hour minimum wage dealio has no place in the current COVID-19 bill in Congress. While i feel like it ought to be taken up at some point in the next year, or even in the first 100 days...the fact that it is in this bill just smacks of t he old pork barrell nonsense that pervaded Congress for so long, coming from each side.

Get a few votes for conviction from the R's in exchange for taking it out of the bill, Joey!

We can go on to have the discussion about how the $15 minimum wage would help a whole lotta Trumpthuglican voters, but can't we just do this thing NOW while the emergency is here, and deal with IT BY ITSELF?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am Well, for one thing...i happen to feel like this $15-an hour minimum wage dealio has no place in the current COVID-19 bill in Congress. While i feel like it ought to be taken up at some point in the next year, or even in the first 100 days...the fact that it is in this bill just smacks of t he old pork barrell nonsense that pervaded Congress for so long, coming from each side.

Get a few votes for conviction from the R's in exchange for taking it out of the bill, Joey!

We can go on to have the discussion about how the $15 minimum wage would help a whole lotta Trumpthuglican voters, but can't we just do this thing NOW while the emergency is here, and deal with IT BY ITSELF?

I would not be surprised to see a number like $1.3 T, focus on families under $150k for support, and removal of the minimum wage for now...But only if 10 R's sign up, otherwise reconciliation for the whole thing. Pick up any pieces like minimum wage in the budget bill which will very likely be done through reconciliation anyway, no resistance by Manchin etc. I think Biden would genuinely prefer the bipartisan answer, but not a totally crippled bill. It's too important to the economy's success two years from now...but some of that can be addressed in the budget.

The other major economic impact opportunity will be in a massive infrastructure investment bill...that can win bipartisan support.

But the Dems will move these as they want them through reconciliation if moderate R's refuse to come close in compromises, or worse, negotiate and then not deliver. But I think Biden keeps trying, though not without some impatience. Too much to do.

The bills that may need to remove the filibuster may be electoral justice reforms. I think Manchin may be moveable if the GOP doesn't play ball on these economic ones...he may resist a bit if they move and then there will be some compromise solutions there too.

But there's likely to be some proverbial blood spilled over impeachment conviction refusal if those same 'moderate R's' don't vote to convict. Maybe the Dems can look past that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the electoral justice reforms don't get rammed through in response, perhaps including DC state hood. Puerto Rico is a possibility, but they're not as overwhelmingly in favor of it at this point.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:37 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am Well, for one thing...i happen to feel like this $15-an hour minimum wage dealio has no place in the current COVID-19 bill in Congress. While i feel like it ought to be taken up at some point in the next year, or even in the first 100 days...the fact that it is in this bill just smacks of t he old pork barrell nonsense that pervaded Congress for so long, coming from each side.

I would not be surprised to see a number like $1.3 T, focus on families under $150k for support, and removal of the minimum wage for now...But only if 10 R's sign up, otherwise reconciliation for the whole thing. Pick up any pieces like minimum wage in the budget bill which will very likely be done through reconciliation anyway, no resistance by Manchin etc. I think Biden would genuinely prefer the bipartisan answer, but not a totally crippled bill. It's too important to the economy's success two years from now...but some of that can be addressed in the budget.

The other major economic impact opportunity will be in a massive infrastructure investment bill...that can win bipartisan support.

But the Dems will move these as they want them through reconciliation if moderate R's refuse to come close in compromises, or worse, negotiate and then not deliver. But I think Biden keeps trying, though not without some impatience. Too much to do.

The bills that may need to remove the filibuster may be electoral justice reforms. I think Manchin may be moveable if the GOP doesn't play ball on these economic ones...he may resist a bit if they move and then there will be some compromise solutions there too.

But there's likely to be some proverbial blood spilled over impeachment conviction refusal if those same 'moderate R's' don't vote to convict. Maybe the Dems can look past that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the electoral justice reforms don't get rammed through in response, perhaps including DC state hood. Puerto Rico is a possibility, but they're not as overwhelmingly in favor of it at this point.
You can do something less than removing the filibuster - you can put the onus on maintaining it on the minority. Make the FB dependent on the minority keeping up the action, and if at any time you can get 60% of those on the floor at the time to vote to kill a particular FB you have done that.

Right now (and for the past ~15 years) the FB has been used to make pretty much all legislation subject to the 60 vote threshold. That essentially makes compromise down the middle pretty much impossible. It also helps to encourage the extremist elements in both parties...

The sad thing about Manchin is he would be a kingmaker without the FB.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Hey if we are going to pay illegal immigrants 15 dollars an hour to harvest our fields I'm fine with that, they deserve the increase. I betcha a lotta publicans that love cheap labor picking their fruits and vegetables won't like it. As long as they vote Democrat your party has a win/win on their hands. I wonder what the illegals will say when they look at their paychecks and notice the difference between gross pay and net pay? Welcome to America people, come on in and join the party. Don't worry about the difference between gross and net pay... we got your back. Just inquire about your earned income credit if you actually file your income taxes. :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Those to the outer left that are out there protesting have ACTUAL ISSUES to protest...inequality, racial injustice, bad policing practices, systemic racism, oligarchy, etc., etc.

Those on the outer RIGHT are protesting WHAT exactly? A "stolen election"? Voter fraud? Welfare Queens and Immigrant hordes overwhelming our borders...?

Anybody see the difference here? Why many feel that attempting to assert (false) equivalencies about the "far Left" and the "far Right" to just flat daft?

Creating these false equivalencies - a vast industry in the media by the way - allows many on the right, ESPECIALLY the Trumpublicans among us, so SLEEP at night, so it would seem.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:04 pm Those to the outer left that are out there protesting have ACTUAL ISSUES to protest...inequality, racial injustice, bad policing practices, systemic racism, oligarchy, etc., etc.

Those on the outer RIGHT are protesting WHAT exactly? A "stolen election"? Voter fraud? Welfare Queens and Immigrant hordes overwhelming our borders...?

Anybody see the difference here? Why many feel that attempting to assert (false) equivalencies about the "far Left" and the "far Right" to just flat daft?

Creating these false equivalencies - a vast industry in the media by the way - allows many on the right, ESPECIALLY the Trumpublicans among us, so SLEEP at night, so it would seem.

So what exactly are their actual issues? I believe they think they have a beef the same way the publicans think they have a beef. There are so many hurt feelings on both sides it is impossible to keep score anymore. If I'm understanding you correctly what you are telling us is Democrats are good and publicans are all bad? Got it, I read you Lima/ Charlie. Your people are sweet polly purebred and the other side is simon bar sinister. ;)

Return to “POLITICS”