Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:34 pm Portland quiet since DHS disappeared.
You mean Old Salt’s race war is over?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, looks as if we not only need to work on the racism issue, but downright rude, ugly, and nasty people too. You never did answer that hypocrite question....then again, guess you did.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:42 pm It's always discouraging to have some of the trumpista fascists chime in here. It's a reminder that those of us who actually believe in the ideals of this country, and know that our current POTUS is the very antithesis of those ideals, must continue to work ever harder to remove him and his followers from positions of power.
Yup, but it is a window into how populist fascists can succeed if not effectively opposed.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

True enough. Like everyone else, I learned in school about the many charismatic sociopaths who came to power in various parts of the world at various times. But until it happened in my own country, I had no real idea of how this process works, how very ordinary and banal it all is. Now, to watch military veterans (who I often disagreed with but whose opinions I formerly respected) turn on their own fellow soldiers in order to back the criminal activity of the sociopath (who dodged his own military service with a ludicrous fake medical claim) is chilling. I would have naively thought that the ties of the "band of brothers" would be stronger than the urge to back the sociopath. But it turns out that this is wrong. And that explains a lot of world history. But I still don't understand the deeper psychology of it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Actual fascists:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/us/dunki ... index.html

Democrats naturally.

Disgusting.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:59 pm Actual fascists:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/us/dunki ... index.html

Democrats naturally.

Disgusting.
… its downright unfair, police should be able to get a coffee at the auxiliary station house without having to worry about this kind of stuff. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

PB seems to know how every single person on the planet identifies politically. It's a gift.

njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete has many gifts.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm PB seems to know how every single person on the planet identifies politically. It's a gift.

It's not too difficult connecting the dots from Democrat...to...Guy Who Spits in Cop's Coffee.

"One recent poll showed that more than half of Democrats now support the movement to defund the police."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ner-316185
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 pm True enough. Like everyone else, I learned in school about the many charismatic sociopaths who came to power in various parts of the world at various times. But until it happened in my own country, I had no real idea of how this process works, how very ordinary and banal it all is. Now, to watch military veterans (who I often disagreed with but whose opinions I formerly respected) turn on their own fellow soldiers in order to back the criminal activity of the sociopath (who dodged his own military service with a ludicrous fake medical claim) is chilling. I would have naively thought that the ties of the "band of brothers" would be stronger than the urge to back the sociopath. But it turns out that this is wrong. And that explains a lot of world history. But I still don't understand the deeper psychology of it.
:lol: Drama Queen. Trump's about to be voted out of office, but in just one term he rebuilt the military, routed ISIS & backed down Iraq, reworked our national security strategy to confront China AND Russia, & (in reality) strengthened our alliances. Look at what just came out of Australia.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:08 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:35 pm PB seems to know how every single person on the planet identifies politically. It's a gift.

It's not too difficult connecting the dots from Democrat...to...Guy Who Spits in Cop's Coffee.

"One recent poll showed that more than half of Democrats now support the movement to defund the police."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ner-316185
She must be a democrat:

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

CU77 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 pm True enough. Like everyone else, I learned in school about the many charismatic sociopaths who came to power in various parts of the world at various times. But until it happened in my own country, I had no real idea of how this process works, how very ordinary and banal it all is. Now, to watch military veterans (who I often disagreed with but whose opinions I formerly respected) turn on their own fellow soldiers in order to back the criminal activity of the sociopath (who dodged his own military service with a ludicrous fake medical claim) is chilling. I would have naively thought that the ties of the "band of brothers" would be stronger than the urge to back the sociopath. But it turns out that this is wrong. And that explains a lot of world history. But I still don't understand the deeper psychology of it.
I think any reasonable individual reading the arguments of Trump supporters on this forum would find them disturbing.

Americans have displayed a certain hubris about the purported strength of our democratic institutions and the rule of law. Aspiring authoritarians like Trump, Barr, and Pompeo (and their tens of millions of sycophantic supporters) have demonstrated just how fragile those institutions are.

Fascist Italy, Imperial Japan, the Stalinist USSR, Maoist China, Vichy France, Franco’s Spain, Nazi Germany, Putin’s Russia ... authoritarian regimes ... all arising in one of the world’s great cultures and nations.

Yeah ... authoritarianism and dictatorship could take root in the United States. Trump and his supporters have proven that. It would be arrogant to think otherwise.

This November, American democracy is on the ballot. We must crush the aspiring dictators in Trump’s regime and the former Grand Old Party.

Indeed, defeating Trump and the Republicans is not enough ... they must be destroyed at the ballot box to deter future aspiring dictators from following their path.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 pm This November, American democracy is on the ballot. We must crush the aspiring dictators in Trump’s regime and the former Grand Old Party.

Indeed, defeating Trump and the Republicans is not enough ... they must be destroyed at the ballot box to deter future aspiring dictators from following their path.
+1

GOP = Gang Of Putin
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 pm
I think any reasonable individual reading the arguments of Trump supporters on this forum would find them disturbing.

Americans have displayed a certain hubris about the purported strength of our democratic institutions and the rule of law. Aspiring authoritarians like Trump, Barr, and Pompeo (and their tens of millions of sycophantic supporters) have demonstrated just how fragile those institutions are.

Fascist Italy, Imperial Japan, the Stalinist USSR, Maoist China, Vichy France, Franco’s Spain, Nazi Germany, Putin’s Russia ... authoritarian regimes ... all arising in one of the world’s great cultures and nations.

Yeah ... authoritarianism and dictatorship could take root in the United States. Trump and his supporters have proven that. It would be arrogant to think otherwise.

This November, American democracy is on the ballot. We must crush the aspiring dictators in Trump’s regime and the former Grand Old Party.

DocBarrister

Out of curiosity and speaking of those who believe in democracy, would you accept a Trump victory if he prevails?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

DocBarrister

Out of curiosity and speaking of those who believe in democracy, would you accept a Trump victory if he prevails?
I did the first time, didn’t I?

That’s apparently more than Trump and his supporters are willing to do if Biden prevails. Of course, they are the ones who support an authoritarian thug in Trump.

Most Americans now believe that President Trump will not accept the results of November’s election if he loses to Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll — and an even larger majority of Trump voters say they too will refuse to accept a narrow loss if mail-in ballots contribute to Biden’s victory.

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-y ... 28759.html

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

DocBarrister

I did the first time, didn’t I?

That’s apparently more than Trump and his supporters are willing to do if Biden prevails. Of course, they are the ones who support an authoritarian thug in Trump.

Most Americans now believe that President Trump will not accept the results of November’s election if he loses to Joe Biden, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll — and an even larger majority of Trump voters say they too will refuse to accept a narrow loss if mail-in ballots contribute to Biden’s victory.

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-y ... 28759.html

DocBarrister :?
No as a matter of fact you NEVER ACCEPTED THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Accepting results of election=blind fidelity oath to Dear Leader. Turn right when you reach the Reichstag. Got it.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

It is the late evening of Nov. 3, 2020—Election Day. The race is tight. It’s come down to the three states that President Donald Trump barely won in 2016: Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Most in-person votes have been counted, and Trump holds a small lead in each state. But there are millions of mail-in ballots that election officials have not yet processed. Hundreds of thousands of voters dropped their ballots in the mail days ago, but they haven’t been received. Meanwhile, thousands of ballots that were mailed in time have been rejected due to alleged technical defects. The outcome of the election turns on all these outstanding votes. But Trump, on the basis of the results so far, declares victory and dismisses the remaining mail-in ballots as fraudulent and illegitimate. The Republican-controlled legislatures of all three states agree, assigning their electoral votes to the president. Trump has secured a second term in the White House.

This scenario is not paranoid or outlandish. It is now chillingly plausible. Trump has spent several months laying the groundwork to steal the 2020 election this way. He has tweeted that mail-in voting will make this “the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history.” Trump probably senses the vote count will not be completed on Election Day and seems to be seeding doubt before a single vote is cast. The Republican Party has largely backed the presidents’ schemes, and the courts have resisted intervening to protect voting rights. Three months out from Election Day, the nation appears to be barreling toward a crisis of Trump’s own design.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... otage.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 pm Accepting results of election=blind fidelity oath to Dear Leader. Turn right when you reach the Reichstag. Got it.
Indeed, all hail Der Leader, else to the camps with you...

Return to “POLITICS”