Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by dislaxxic »

"Antifa does it too...just like those rubes at BLM..."

Trying to lessen the import of the activity at the Capitol on January 6th with a distraction and attempt to "what~about" Antifa and BLM.

Let's discuss the legitimacy of the protests a bit, shall we?

Is there ANY kernel of truth and/or justification to the protests made by Antifa/BLM? Now, to discuss their "tactics"...how they go about their protestations...THAT leaves a lot to be desired. A whole lot of criminality involved there and such activity does, in fact, deserve condemnation and vigorous prosecution.

Now let's look at the Insurrection that occurred on January 6th.

Anything LEGITIMATE about that protest? Was the entire premise of it based on a FLAT LIE? You bet yer bippy it was totally based on a trumped-up LIE about the election. Was it actual dictionary-definition "Insurrection" or was it just a loud, angry protest by well meaning, truly aggrieved "braindead rubes"?

The country will come to conclusions about this, no doubt...but attempts to brush it off as "not so bad" or "not so unique" because it's somehow just like what happens when Antifa and BLM show up in cities to protest is only somewhat short of a brain-dead conclusion...IMHO.

Also, is it any coincidence that the whole Antifa-does-it-too thing is absolutely straight out of Faux News here in the aftermath of the Trump Carnage that occurred in our nation's capitol on January 6th??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:30 am "Antifa does it too...just like those rubes at BLM..."

Trying to lessen the import of the activity at the Capitol on January 6th with a distraction and attempt to "what~about" Antifa and BLM.

Let's discuss the legitimacy of the protests a bit, shall we?

Is there ANY kernel of truth and/or justification to the protests made by Antifa/BLM? Now, to discuss their "tactics"...how they go about their protestations...THAT leaves a lot to be desired. A whole lot of criminality involved there and such activity does, in fact, deserve condemnation and vigorous prosecution.

Now let's look at the Insurrection that occurred on January 6th.

Anything LEGITIMATE about that protest? Was the entire premise of it based on a FLAT LIE? You bet yer bippy it was totally based on a trumped-up LIE about the election. Was it actual dictionary-definition "Insurrection" or was it just a loud, angry protest by well meaning, truly aggrieved "braindead rubes"?

The country will come to conclusions about this, no doubt...but attempts to brush it off as "not so bad" or "not so unique" because it's somehow just like what happens when Antifa and BLM show up in cities to protest is only somewhat short of a brain-dead conclusion...IMHO.

Also, is it any coincidence that the whole Antifa-does-it-too thing is absolutely straight out of Faux News here in the aftermath of the Trump Carnage that occurred in our nation's capitol on January 6th??

Dis, you need a vacation, there is way too much anger and hatred coursing through your veins. I suggest starting a vegetable garden. That will sooth the savage beast running wild inside you.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

No anger here my friend...just a search for the truth and an understanding of why so many seem adverse to what actual truth looks like...

ps, just got back from a vacation...171 holes of golf in 6 days in South Carolina... :D

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:30 am
Was the entire premise of it based on a FLAT LIE? You bet yer bippy it was totally based on a trumped-up LIE about the election. Was it actual dictionary-definition "Insurrection" or was it just a loud, angry protest by well meaning, truly aggrieved "braindead rubes"?

No...."entire", "totally". We should all get away from absolutes. Was there a Big Lie...yes. Can I see why some dont see it as a lie, yes.

Insurrection - if that wasn't an "example" of what one looked like...what would a "domestic terrorist" look like? It's a freakin duck.

One of my partners has their parents living with them - they have the tv on all day long...Fox is all they hear. It's scarily cultish...well beyond the normal political b.s. held by the fringes.

This has nothing to do with policy....it's now about culture, if you ain't a WASP, you need not apply. This group feels they have been sold out by the .01% and the Fed govt. Rarely do they see their own Rep doing the exact thing that they about the other party.

We all know the facts, whether we can accept them as facts is another issue....pretty much the only issue.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:48 am No anger here my friend...just a search for the truth and an understanding of why so many seem adverse to what actual truth looks like...

ps, just got back from a vacation...171 holes of golf in 6 days in South Carolina... :D

How was the weather.... we have a place just south of Surfside. Have not been down there in the winter much. I loved playing The Legends courses back in the day when I swung them much better, my fav was The Heathland. Are they still in good shape?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:09 amHow was the weather.... we have a place just south of Surfside. Have not been down there in the winter much. I loved playing The Legends courses back in the day when I swung them much better, my fav was The Heathland. Are they still in good shape?
We were inland in the Santee area,,,although we did get down to Jedburg to play Pine Forest. Me and "pine forests" don't get along real well where golf is concerned, but this day i did OK. Weather was cool (frigid for the locals i'm sure) ...in the high 40's, low 50's and damp. Glad i had good gear along with me...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excuse me? Don't be a lying weasel SC...
One and all, let's avoid the personal attacks...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:02 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:30 am
a transparent ragtag gang of braindead rubes celebrating MAGA
Except that is not an accurate description....
He finds black folks more threatening. Check.
Excuse me? Don't be a lying weasel SC. And don't play dumb... you're not that misinformed not to know "black bloc" refers to the black clothing/equipment Antifa members wear.

A new low for you... be proud
Out of bounds with the response...I didn't recognize your meaning either, didn't know the term. I read it that way too...so many people conflate BLM and Antifa...and think most all are black...easy to read you that way, tech.

Glad you were saying something different...you're still wrong about it re the paramilitary with the mob.
So rather than finding out what "black bloc" means, play the race card.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am Does it matter how large the paramilitary group was? He said that the tactics were similar, small group actually organized and pushing the violence, while under 'cover' of the mob.
I suspect it matters greatly to the FBI.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm
Excuse me? Don't be a lying weasel SC. And don't play dumb... you're not that misinformed not to know "black bloc" refers to the black clothing/equipment Antifa members wear.

Out of bounds with the response...I didn't recognize your meaning either, didn't know the term. I read it that way too...so many people conflate BLM and Antifa...and think most all are black...easy to read you that way, tech.

Glad you were saying something different...you're still wrong about it re the paramilitary with the mob.
huh?

race card...???

He legitimately thought tech was referring to them as black.
So did I until I saw tech's response...he wasn't.
Learned something new today.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am Does it matter how large the paramilitary group was? He said that the tactics were similar, small group actually organized and pushing the violence, while under 'cover' of the mob.
I suspect it matters greatly to the FBI.
Well sure, fry every last one of them. Get'em all.

But that wasn't the point of the discussion you've excerpted from. As the journalist in the podcast (Jeremy), who tech had linked, was saying, having covered deeply both Antifa/Anarchist actions and this one of paramilitary MAGA insurgents, the actual group of organized, trained violent folks need not be large, typically isn't large...they use the magnitude of the crowd as 'cover' and bring them along in support...but they're the tip of spear, organized, trained and violent. He also pointed out the tactics of using whatever on the spot is available as weapons rather than bringing guns through checkpoints. But they wear all the self-protective tactical gear to be able to do the hand to hand as the vanguard of the mob. Really interesting podcast.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:48 am No anger here my friend...just a search for the truth and an understanding of why so many seem adverse to what actual truth looks like...

Sounds like a well spent 6 days!
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm

huh?

race card...???

Yeah sure. I thought you were big on reading in context.

...tactics of black bloc donned (including masks to hide identity) Antifa mobs
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:23 pm

huh?

race card...???

Do you see me not admitting I made a mistake, missed his meaning? Fortunately I saw his response to seacoaster and re-read it carefully. Then googled the phrase...I ain't too old to learn something new, nor too much of a (name it) to be able to say I was wrong in my first impression.

I was pleased to be wrong on that one...my only critique of tech was the extremity of the personal response, not recognizing how someone could have made a legit error. The Admin has since reminded him (and us) to tone that down...always a good suggestion.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

;) No wonder you come across as a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. That is a lot of golf, i am jealous. I'm hoping if my bad hamstring co-operates i can start playing again this year.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 pm

huh?

race card...???

Do you see me not admitting I made a mistake, missed his meaning? Fortunately I saw his response to seacoaster and re-read it carefully. Then googled the phrase...I ain't too old to learn something new, nor too much of a (name it) to be able to say I was wrong in my first impression.

I was pleased to be wrong on that one...my only critique of tech was the extremity of the personal response, not recognizing how someone could have made a legit error. The Admin has since reminded him (and us) to tone that down...always a good suggestion.
"Do you see me not admitting I made a mistake," :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading that line. Is that your mistake you allow yourself for 2021? ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

huh?

race card...???

Seriously? Even a dumb HS gradutate like me understood exactly what he was saying. :D BTW, my HS English teacher use to use the term gradutate, I don't want to come across as being that illiterate. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:49 am

huh?

race card...???

I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading that line. Is that your mistake you allow yourself for 2021? ;)
:D

sheesh, my wife reminds me that I make mistakes every day...I can admit to a few on here, easy.

Actually, it happens rather frequently on here, either misreading someone's intent, or getting something downright wrong, or losing my cool...and I also don't have a problem acknowledging when I've learned something from a fellow poster, regardless of whether I usually agree with them or not.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:49 am

huh?

race card...???

:D

sheesh, my wife reminds me that I make mistakes every day...I can admit to a few on here, easy.

Actually, it happens rather frequently on here, either misreading someone's intent, or getting something downright wrong, or losing my cool...and I also don't have a problem acknowledging when I've learned something from a fellow poster, regardless of whether I usually agree with them or not.
We must be married to the same woman. My wife always reminds me of every mistake I make. Even at your advanced age you can still learn.. impressive.. :)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:57 am

huh?

race card...???

Seriously? Even a dumb HS gradutate like me understood exactly what he was saying. :D BTW, my HS English teacher use to use the term gradutate, I don't want to come across as being that illiterate. ;)
yeah, seriously...I hadn't read it closely, hadn't responded, but when I saw tech's response to seacoaster's crack, I took a harder look and saw how the confusion had happened...I then googled the phrase as I really wasn't familiar with it...just saying it wasn't hard to not pick it up...and some of tech's stances on other posts (and those of others) do lend credence to the presumption, though inaccurate in this case and maybe not fair altogether.

I'm going to read tech a little differently after this exchange...as well as the podcast he shared, which I on first blush was ready to reject...glad I didn't, it was very interesting and informative.

That said, I still thought tech's response was out of bounds too.

Return to “POLITICS”