All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

seacoaster

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:46 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:58 pm I wonder if Ron’s order is just PR.

Localities I think will still have the ability to impose restrictions. And it is comparatively easy for FL folks to stay outside a lot.

I suspect a lot of folks won’t be piling inside bars even if Ron says it’s fine.
Florida:

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/stat ... 4531072008

Awesome stupid.
the elbo room is awesome.

seacoaster, like everyone else unfamiliar with Florida (who previously adored Andy Gillum... :roll:), has no idea that Uhlfelder is that special brand of lunatic lib lawyer who specializes in that mentally challenging world of HOA disputes.

He is the idiot who wore a Death suit to the beach and the mainstream media made him a temporary star (naturally...remember: DeSantis Man Bad!!!)...and Dan has parlayed that bit of marketing gee-whiz to now being retweeted by equally impressionable internet libs.

He spends his entire day tweeting. I guess his legal clients have abandoned him.

Also, it still amazes me how scared you folks are of a virus which in no conceivable universe will do damage to you if you are healthy, and if you happen to catch it, you simply quarantine for 14 days. I just had lunch at a crowded restaurant and no one perished.
I have personally quarantined you, because of your special brand of dumb. But I risk this: the video really has nothing to do with the person who posted it.

You have got to improve your powers of discernment. Once you get to the upper classes in high school, this should start to pan out better for you.

And the last chopper out of Hanoi?
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm And the last chopper out of Hanoi?
Pete was in the same History class as John Belushi.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:01 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:02 pm And the last chopper out of Hanoi?
Pete was in the same History class as John Belushi.

Not All libs have lost their sense of humor!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Localities I think will still have the ability to impose restrictions. And it is comparatively easy for FL folks to stay outside a lot.

I suspect a lot of folks won’t be piling inside bars even if Ron says it’s fine.
Florida:

Awesome stupid.
Is that you doing the sweet "bro hug" with the guy after getting the hug from the woman with the yellow nails?
nah. you wont find me inside there for quite a bit. or there for that matter. happy hour, the tables outside are better anyway. not as hot or noisy.

those guys are always there.
5-6 weeks before the election.....get it in while you can. Any adverse consequences not likely to be known until after the election so, it’s go time. After the election and winter comes, we will know what we are dealing with and if we see a run on hospitals, we will clamp down no matter who is in office. It’s 50/50 that we shut down 52-62% of the economy again. I want to see what our European peers are going through for a marker.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

🎉 🎉 🥳 🎇 🥳 🎊🎈🎂

We crossed 1,000,000 dead people!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Florida:

Awesome stupid.
Is that you doing the sweet "bro hug" with the guy after getting the hug from the woman with the yellow nails?
nah. you wont find me inside there for quite a bit. or there for that matter. happy hour, the tables outside are better anyway. not as hot or noisy.

5-6 weeks before the election.....get it in while you can. Any adverse consequences not likely to be known until after the election so, it’s go time. After the election and winter comes, we will know what we are dealing with and if we see a run on hospitals, we will clamp down no matter who is in office. It’s 50/50 that we shut down 52-62% of the economy again. I want to see what our European peers are going through for a marker.
sweden's killing it. not literally, but still. nor a peer for health.

they're big on vitamin d, tho. lot of fatty fish probably and outdoorsy types before the autumnal equinox.
#25(oh)d
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Florida:

Awesome stupid.

sweden's killing it. not literally, but still. nor a peer for health.

they're big on vitamin d, tho. lot of fatty fish probably and outdoorsy types before the autumnal equinox.
#25(oh)d
Could be.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Florida:

Awesome stupid.

seacoaster, like everyone else unfamiliar with Florida (who previously adored Andy Gillum... :roll:), has no idea that Uhlfelder is that special brand of lunatic lib lawyer who specializes in that mentally challenging world of HOA disputes.

He is the idiot who wore a Death suit to the beach and the mainstream media made him a temporary star (naturally...remember: DeSantis Man Bad!!!)...and Dan has parlayed that bit of marketing gee-whiz to now being retweeted by equally impressionable internet libs.

He spends his entire day tweeting. I guess his legal clients have abandoned him.

Also, it still amazes me how scared you folks are of a virus which in no conceivable universe will do damage to you if you are healthy, and if you happen to catch it, you simply quarantine for 14 days. I just had lunch at a crowded restaurant and no one perished.
Why’d the troll bring Trump into this?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Joe Biden’s plan to beat the coronavirus

Donald Trump botched America’s Covid-19 response. Joe Biden thinks he has a plan to fix it.
https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covid19 ... bate-trump
Joe Biden’s plan to beat back the Covid-19 pandemic in the United States is founded on a simple premise: leadership matters.

President Donald Trump has badly botched the response thus far, according to most experts, and the numbers tell the tale: 200,000 Americans are dead. He’s tried to discredit the scientific institutions tasked with managing the response. Millions of people are still out of work. Thousands of businesses have closed that will never reopen.

Biden’s campaign has spent the last six months coming up with its plan to fix it.

“What worries me now is we’ve been living with this pandemic for so long, we’re at risk of becoming numb to the toll it’s taken on us and our country,” Biden said last week. “There are 200,000 moms and dads, sons and daughters, grandmothers and grandfathers, aunts and uncles, friends and coworkers who are no longer with us. And so many of them didn’t have to lose their lives to this virus if only the president had acted sooner.”

If he’s elected president, Biden sees his role as, fundamentally, removing the obstacles set up by the Trump administration that hindered an effective Covid-19 response. The Trump White House has pressured states to reopen before they contained their outbreaks; Biden would encourage mask mandates and, if necessary, new lockdowns. The president has undermined the government’s top scientists; Biden is promising he will empower them. Congress has failed to appropriate any new funding for Covid-19 response since the spring; Biden and congressional Democrats want to make major new investments.

Biden believes the public needs to hear a new message from the government, one founded in good science. His top adviser and presumed chief-of-staff in waiting is Ron Klain, who oversaw the Obama administration’s Ebola response. He has convened an informal panel of experts, who have briefed him regularly on the state of the US outbreak and on the best strategies for containing it.

Taken together, the campaign is working toward what public health experts say is the most effective strategy for containing Covid-19: a test-trace-isolate program, making mask-wearing and social distancing mandatory, and, once the science supports it, an equitably distributed vaccine. Totally suppressing Covid-19 to the same level that South Korea or New Zealand have is likely a lost cause at this point. But the Biden campaign believes it can flatten cases and deaths until a vaccine is widely available, potentially saving thousands of lives in the process.

The Biden plan faces enormous challenges. As Vox reported at the beginning of the pandemic, local officials are largely tasked with executing these public safety measures, and it’s entirely possible Republican governors aren’t going to want to go along with Biden’s way of doing things. It could be difficult to restore public trust in the scientific process. And equitably distributing a scientifically sound vaccine to the general population is something the candidate himself has compared to a large-scale military operation.

Still, Biden says he is up for the challenge.

“We can, as we have so many times in our history, begin anew,” Biden said this week. “We can get control of this virus.”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

if anyone can fix it, it's the biden campaign.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

6x6 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:40 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:17 am Florida reported #Covid deaths

Fri. August 7: 180
Fri. August 14: 229
Fri. August 21: 121
Today: 89

Virus gonna virus. And when virus is done virusing, it’s done.

Cry more, libs.
by Peter Brown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 am

#Covid burned out in Florida. On its own.
202 deaths in FL on 9/23. 172 on 9/24.

FL 7 day average is 101. Plateau or maybe even rising again. The average was 38 on 6/30 when Petey first told us the virus was dying out.

Petey says the virus is dying out.

The virus says #peteyisstillamoron
The data in no way shows it falling in Florida. It is flat at best and to me it looks like it is beginning to raise. I suspect next week is more likely to be worse than this week.
where/what do you see as a trend reversal?
The trailing average 7 day death rate had come down to 77 as of Sept 8, but back up to over 100 a day again. That looks like a "reversal" to me.

The puzzling aspect is the reported daily cases has come way down from its peak this summer and is bumping along ever since...anyone know the positivity rate on tests in Florida? Is there an issue in what's being reported? hmmm...sure wish we could be confident that politics weren't screwing with what's being reported out.

My mom is planning to head to Florida mid October, so it would be great to hear that cases really are way down from their peak and holding low.
that was a 3 day holiday weekend that moved the 7 day around. data is noisy. reporting, not every day's the same. even for 7 days in the short term. deaths have look stable to me. unfortunately. if they follow hospitalizations (the best indicator, imo), which have been good directionally, they can fall further for now.

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/09/ ... us-battle/
Fingers crossed.
My sense is there's lots of social distancing happening with a substantial portion of the population, shocked by this summer, but on the other hand we have schools reopening and another substantial portion of the population being knuckleheads...so, fingers crossed.
Serious question....do you do the grocery shopping for your home, @ the store, and not online ordering and pick up?
We've done some of both. We did 100% online at first using Peapod and then eased into doing Wegmans and Costco runs, with the occasional FreshMarket which is closest. Only after it was clear that those stores will all requiring mask wearing and limiting volume of access, had great hygiene practices etc. Our business is in the technology end of the grocery sector, so we were clued in right away as to what was happening at grocery. They took it very seriously, quickly, and stores like Costco led the way in having their own distancing and mask mandates. Lots of cleaning. Peapod's all fouled up right now as they transfer into rebranding as Giant Direct and Stop & Shop Direct, so we've been doing less online these past months.

We insisted on my mom and son in Florida doing 100% online from their local Publix via Instacart through their duration there to mid May. They found it quite easy, plus the club provided meals for pick-up instead of sit-down, plus an on premises farmer's market once a week. Made it really easy (they now have some sit-down outside dining, so that too will be available once she goes back).

My wife does most of the Wegman store runs, but I do most of the Costco, though will occasionally do a Wegmans run...she knows that store better than me and it's indeed a big advantage to getting through it.

I've been impressed by how disciplined they've been in those stores and the strong compliance I've seen from their shoppers.

Where I see much less compliance is in convenience stores, gas stations etc, more lax behavior by some of their patrons...but overall not bad. I've had a couple of experiences at other retail/service spots where people are definitely being more lax than at grocery. But pretty much everywhere you see the no mask, no entry signs...and people have adjusted.

My sister and our neighbor across the street from her and us are having a yard sale today...the neighbor does this as a hobby, (drives her husband crazy) and says she doesn't really make any money, it's really for entertainment...a social experiment...does several a year. My sister chips in and works it with her. We put a couple of things out from our basement this AM, so I saw the crowd...everyone wearing masks, no problem.

Of course, this is in Maryland. Baltimore County.
Our area is doing pretty darn well right now as a result.
I’ve been to three different Wegmans in the Rochester area recently and observed several people in each location not wearing masks. I understand Trader Joe’s is a far different animal than Wegmans but they have a person at the entry making sure customers are wearing a mask and turning away those that don’t.
That’s surprising because at my Buffalo and two Amherst Wegman’s stores I frequent I’ve never, ever seen anyone without a mask. Stay away form those Irondequoit and Canandaigua stores.
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Joe Biden’s plan to beat the coronavirus

Donald Trump botched America’s Covid-19 response. Joe Biden thinks he has a plan to fix it.
https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covid19 ... bate-trump
Joe Biden’s plan to beat back the Covid-19 pandemic in the United States is founded on a simple premise: leadership matters.

President Donald Trump has badly botched the response thus far, according to most experts, and the numbers tell the tale: 200,000 Americans are dead. He’s tried to discredit the scientific institutions tasked with managing the response. Millions of people are still out of work. Thousands of businesses have closed that will never reopen.

Biden’s campaign has spent the last six months coming up with its plan to fix it.

“What worries me now is we’ve been living with this pandemic for so long, we’re at risk of becoming numb to the toll it’s taken on us and our country,” Biden said last week. “There are 200,000 moms and dads, sons and daughters, grandmothers and grandfathers, aunts and uncles, friends and coworkers who are no longer with us. And so many of them didn’t have to lose their lives to this virus if only the president had acted sooner.”

If he’s elected president, Biden sees his role as, fundamentally, removing the obstacles set up by the Trump administration that hindered an effective Covid-19 response. The Trump White House has pressured states to reopen before they contained their outbreaks; Biden would encourage mask mandates and, if necessary, new lockdowns. The president has undermined the government’s top scientists; Biden is promising he will empower them. Congress has failed to appropriate any new funding for Covid-19 response since the spring; Biden and congressional Democrats want to make major new investments.

Biden believes the public needs to hear a new message from the government, one founded in good science. His top adviser and presumed chief-of-staff in waiting is Ron Klain, who oversaw the Obama administration’s Ebola response. He has convened an informal panel of experts, who have briefed him regularly on the state of the US outbreak and on the best strategies for containing it.

Taken together, the campaign is working toward what public health experts say is the most effective strategy for containing Covid-19: a test-trace-isolate program, making mask-wearing and social distancing mandatory, and, once the science supports it, an equitably distributed vaccine. Totally suppressing Covid-19 to the same level that South Korea or New Zealand have is likely a lost cause at this point. But the Biden campaign believes it can flatten cases and deaths until a vaccine is widely available, potentially saving thousands of lives in the process.

The Biden plan faces enormous challenges. As Vox reported at the beginning of the pandemic, local officials are largely tasked with executing these public safety measures, and it’s entirely possible Republican governors aren’t going to want to go along with Biden’s way of doing things. It could be difficult to restore public trust in the scientific process. And equitably distributing a scientifically sound vaccine to the general population is something the candidate himself has compared to a large-scale military operation.

Still, Biden says he is up for the challenge.

“We can, as we have so many times in our history, begin anew,” Biden said this week. “We can get control of this virus.”
I am good with anything rooted in science versus gut, belief or some guy on Twitter.
Bart

Post by Bart »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:15 pm
6x6 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:40 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:17 am Florida reported #Covid deaths

Fri. August 7: 180
Fri. August 14: 229
Fri. August 21: 121
Today: 89

Virus gonna virus. And when virus is done virusing, it’s done.

Cry more, libs.
by Peter Brown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 am

#Covid burned out in Florida. On its own.
202 deaths in FL on 9/23. 172 on 9/24.

FL 7 day average is 101. Plateau or maybe even rising again. The average was 38 on 6/30 when Petey first told us the virus was dying out.

Petey says the virus is dying out.

The virus says #peteyisstillamoron
The data in no way shows it falling in Florida. It is flat at best and to me it looks like it is beginning to raise. I suspect next week is more likely to be worse than this week.
where/what do you see as a trend reversal?
The trailing average 7 day death rate had come down to 77 as of Sept 8, but back up to over 100 a day again. That looks like a "reversal" to me.

The puzzling aspect is the reported daily cases has come way down from its peak this summer and is bumping along ever since...anyone know the positivity rate on tests in Florida? Is there an issue in what's being reported? hmmm...sure wish we could be confident that politics weren't screwing with what's being reported out.

My mom is planning to head to Florida mid October, so it would be great to hear that cases really are way down from their peak and holding low.
that was a 3 day holiday weekend that moved the 7 day around. data is noisy. reporting, not every day's the same. even for 7 days in the short term. deaths have look stable to me. unfortunately. if they follow hospitalizations (the best indicator, imo), which have been good directionally, they can fall further for now.

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/09/ ... us-battle/
Fingers crossed.
My sense is there's lots of social distancing happening with a substantial portion of the population, shocked by this summer, but on the other hand we have schools reopening and another substantial portion of the population being knuckleheads...so, fingers crossed.
Serious question....do you do the grocery shopping for your home, @ the store, and not online ordering and pick up?
We've done some of both. We did 100% online at first using Peapod and then eased into doing Wegmans and Costco runs, with the occasional FreshMarket which is closest. Only after it was clear that those stores will all requiring mask wearing and limiting volume of access, had great hygiene practices etc. Our business is in the technology end of the grocery sector, so we were clued in right away as to what was happening at grocery. They took it very seriously, quickly, and stores like Costco led the way in having their own distancing and mask mandates. Lots of cleaning. Peapod's all fouled up right now as they transfer into rebranding as Giant Direct and Stop & Shop Direct, so we've been doing less online these past months.

We insisted on my mom and son in Florida doing 100% online from their local Publix via Instacart through their duration there to mid May. They found it quite easy, plus the club provided meals for pick-up instead of sit-down, plus an on premises farmer's market once a week. Made it really easy (they now have some sit-down outside dining, so that too will be available once she goes back).

My wife does most of the Wegman store runs, but I do most of the Costco, though will occasionally do a Wegmans run...she knows that store better than me and it's indeed a big advantage to getting through it.

I've been impressed by how disciplined they've been in those stores and the strong compliance I've seen from their shoppers.

Where I see much less compliance is in convenience stores, gas stations etc, more lax behavior by some of their patrons...but overall not bad. I've had a couple of experiences at other retail/service spots where people are definitely being more lax than at grocery. But pretty much everywhere you see the no mask, no entry signs...and people have adjusted.

My sister and our neighbor across the street from her and us are having a yard sale today...the neighbor does this as a hobby, (drives her husband crazy) and says she doesn't really make any money, it's really for entertainment...a social experiment...does several a year. My sister chips in and works it with her. We put a couple of things out from our basement this AM, so I saw the crowd...everyone wearing masks, no problem.

Of course, this is in Maryland. Baltimore County.
Our area is doing pretty darn well right now as a result.
I’ve been to three different Wegmans in the Rochester area recently and observed several people in each location not wearing masks. I understand Trader Joe’s is a far different animal than Wegmans but they have a person at the entry making sure customers are wearing a mask and turning away those that don’t.
That’s surprising because at my Buffalo and two Amherst Wegman’s stores I frequent I’ve never, ever seen anyone without a mask. Stay away form those Irondequoit and Canandaigua stores.
Idk, i think in the last month I’ve seen 1 in Canandaigua. It’s like winning lotto.....hey you never know
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:41 pm Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

🎉 🎉 🥳 🎇 🥳 🎊🎈🎂

Three more months before we get to the annual average worldwide death count of almost 60 million. Are 50 million people, worldwide, going to die in the next three months. My point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VT2EHa0b4
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Flu Shot

If wearing masks help stop the spread V19, prevents people from getting V19, would it not do the same for the SEASONAL flu ?

Why need (require) a FLU shot, if you are wearing a mask?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Deaths:

Recovered:

🎉 🎉 🥳 🎇 🥳 🎊🎈🎂

Three more months before we get to the annual average worldwide death count of almost 60 million. Are 50 million people, worldwide, going to die in the next three months. My point?

My life is virtually the same other than not being able to travel because I have an American passport. I can go to England but been there too many times to go back so soon. Where have you gone recently?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Deaths:

Recovered:

🎉 🎉 🥳 🎇 🥳 🎊🎈🎂

My life is virtually the same other than not being able to travel because I have an American passport. I can go to England but been there too many times to go back so soon. Where have you gone recently?
Define "recently"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

33750B5F-0A46-46A2-9A9D-07029D3EC990.jpeg
33750B5F-0A46-46A2-9A9D-07029D3EC990.jpeg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 692 times
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

99.696% = ~1,006,240 dead Americans for anyone counting. We are 1/5 of the way there in about 6 months.

It would take the flu about 33 years to reach that total.

Return to “POLITICS”