Baltimore: A Shining Star

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Baltimore: A Shining Star

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:15 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am From Baltimore FOP: https://www.facebook.com/Baltimore-City ... 346093760/

What are the great large Liberal progressive cities—Currently burning and defunding the police.

Our liberal progressives here take it as a badge of courage that 6 decades of democrat local and state control has resulted in total chaos.

Babies and adolescents shot in the head in broad daylight. Civil authority under fire and budgets busted.
So you boys are back to wanting more government?

At some point----some point----you guys are going to make up your minds as to what the heck it is you want your government to do.

Sounds like....today anyway....you both want more unions, more spending, and more government. Do I have that right?
Where does this post mention MORE government.

How about this. Give us good government.

Protect and defend the constitution so to speak.

a fan keeps receiving the gold medal in the 'Best Strawman Argument' contest at Fanlax. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am From Baltimore FOP: https://www.facebook.com/Baltimore-City ... 346093760/

What are the great large Liberal progressive cities—Currently burning and defunding the police.

Our liberal progressives here take it as a badge of courage that 6 decades of democrat local and state control has resulted in total chaos.

Babies and adolescents shot in the head in broad daylight. Civil authority under fire and budgets busted.

At some point----some point----you guys are going to make up your minds as to what the heck it is you want your government to do.

Sounds like....today anyway....you both want more unions, more spending, and more government. Do I have that right?
They made budget cuts in Baltimore. That's what this guy---and you and Pete and YA---are complaining about.

You're upset that they did that. You're asking that they INCREASE government services.

You boys are so completely lost as to what you even want anymore.

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm How about this. Give us good government.
That's now what you all are asking for here. If that's what you guys were asking? You'd be making fun of this Mancuso guy for Balitmore not making efficient use of taxpayer money.

Instead? You're all holding this post up as an example....telling us that you want Baltimore to spend MORE on policing the Marina.

It's why I keep telling you that right wing America is ungovernable. You literally can't tell your reps what you want.

So which is it you want here? Tell Manscuso to quit yer bitchin', and work more efficiently? Or do you want to hike taxes in Baltimore to pay for more police in the Marina?

You, YA, and Pete have picked "hike taxes and give us more police and more government".
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:00 pm

They made budget cuts in Baltimore. That's what this guy---and you and Pete and YA---are complaining about.

You're upset that they did that. You're asking that they INCREASE government services.

You boys are so completely lost as to what you even want anymore.

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:40 pm How about this. Give us good government.
That's now what you all are asking for here. If that's what you guys were asking? You'd be making fun of this Mancuso guy for Balitmore not making efficient use of taxpayer money.

Instead? You're all holding this post up as an example....telling us that you want Baltimore to spend MORE on policing the Marina.

It's why I keep telling you that right wing America is ungovernable. You literally can't tell your reps what you want.

So which is it you want here? Tell Manscuso to quit yer bitchin', and work more efficiently? Or do you want to hike taxes in Baltimore to pay for more police in the Marina?

You, YA, and Pete have picked "hike taxes and give us more police and more government".
Your straw man arguments, based on nothing we are discussing, must mean you simply enjoy the battle of banter. Show us anywhere in that article where they (police or unions) want to expand or grow gov't?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 pm Your straw man arguments, based on nothing we are discussing, must mean you simply enjoy the battle of banter. Show us anywhere in that article where they (police or unions) want to expand or grow gov't?
So you're all going to play dumb because I called out your hypocrisy? Okay.

From your own citation:

...."Unfortunately, the Baltimore Police Marine Unit was defunded, and the response time was greatly slowed....."

That's a complaint. A complaint about budget cuts, and making government smaller. It's the ENTIRE reason you posted the story, and now you want to play dumb, and pretend like you're not asking for MORE GOVERNMENT?

LOL.....I'm giving you a strawman. Lol. Riiiiight.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Baltimore homicides- 3 more than this time last year. Who said our City isn't great!

Pandemic, and surveillance planes can't slow us down, whoa no!

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:24 pm Your straw man arguments, based on nothing we are discussing, must mean you simply enjoy the battle of banter. Show us anywhere in that article where they (police or unions) want to expand or grow gov't?
So you're all going to play dumb because I called out your hypocrisy? Okay.

From your own citation:

...."Unfortunately, the Baltimore Police Marine Unit was defunded, and the response time was greatly slowed....."

That's a complaint. A complaint about budget cuts, and making government smaller. It's the ENTIRE reason you posted the story, and now you want to play dumb, and pretend like you're not asking for MORE GOVERNMENT?

LOL.....I'm giving you a strawman. Lol. Riiiiight.
So by your logic it would be like this... you cut all your employees pay and when they complain, you tell them "you all wanted more", then they reply "no we didnt, we were doing fine", and your argument will be...yes, because your wanted more I should therefore cut your pay.

Come on man. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:04 pm So by your logic it would be like this... you cut all your employees pay and when they complain, you tell them "you all wanted more", then they reply "no we didnt, we were doing fine", and your argument will be...yes, because your wanted more I should therefore cut your pay.

Nope. You can dance all you want. It won't get you, Pete, and 6ft out of it.

You cited a post from a Union----a Union---- complaining about budget cuts in Baltimore. You are siding with him. YOU want to eliminate cuts to government. You want more government, not less.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:04 pm So by your logic it would be like this... you cut all your employees pay and when they complain, you tell them "you all wanted more", then they reply "no we didnt, we were doing fine", and your argument will be...yes, because your wanted more I should therefore cut your pay.

You cited a post from a Union----a Union---- complaining about budget cuts in Baltimore. You are siding with him. YOU want to eliminate cuts to government. You want more government, not less.
Gotta love your determination to dig in. ;)
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:43 pm

I have given you multiple chances to give me a different reason for why you posted a pro-Union, anti-budget cut facebook post.

My feet are up on the ottoman, waiting for you to tell me how that's not what you were doing. I"m all ears. No one is stopping you from telling me that that's not why you shared that post, YA.

Floor is all yours....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:16 pm

I have given you multiple chances to give me a different reason for why you posted a pro-Union, anti-budget cut facebook post.

My feet are up on the ottoman, waiting for you to tell me how that's not what you were doing. I"m all ears. No one is stopping you from telling me that that's not why you shared that post, YA.

Floor is all yours....
Proof of the expected outcome. Because cutting law enforcement, ESPECIALLY in a city that needs it badly, is a very poor decision by the higher ups, ESPECIALLY without a back up plan.
~Livy
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Floor is all yours....
Proof of the expected outcome. Because cutting law enforcement, ESPECIALLY in a city that needs it badly, is a very poor decision by the higher ups, ESPECIALLY without a back up plan.
Let it go bud

He'll manipulate everything you say into Republicans are fiscally irresponsible. Even though we were talking about democrat mayors and city councils defunding police budgets to in fact make people unsafe. Unnecessarily bad governance. Not a wish for MORE governance
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Floor is all yours....
Let it go bud

He'll manipulate everything you say into Republicans are fiscally irresponsible. Even though we were talking about democrat mayors and city councils defunding police budgets to in fact make people unsafe. Unnecessarily bad governance.

My point isn't that Republicans are fiscally irresponsible. My point is that if someone put you in charge of Baltimore, nothing would change, because you don't even know what your own values are, or how to put those values into action in terms of governance.

The head of a Police Union is telling you in this post that he doesn't have enough money. Why the firetruck are you two listening to him? Isn't this the same government that's doing such a lousy job that there's an entire thread dedicated to how bad things are being run in Baltimore? So why aren't you questioning how the city is being managed? What are you doing instead? Telling them that it's insane to look to move those funds somewhere else.

I don't get it. YA, remember how you said Trump might be the man to fix these policing and public safety issues? What has he done? Where are HIS ideas? Where are the REPUBLICANS ideas to fix the problem?

THIS is why the Dems keep power. You team----the Republicans---have no intention of fixing the problems, either.

So yep, let's do what you two want, and simply maintain the status quo in Baltimore.

Case in point: how many times have you two talked about the lack of fathers in the inner city? So why don't we use the government to work fix that problem? Change where our money goes? Change what we're incentivizing? Fund contraception, for example, to get rid of unwanted pregnancies in the first place?

Naaaaaaah. Let's just point fingers at the Dems. That seem to be the smart path here. It's worked SO well for so long, right?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Hard to think of anyone else to point fingers at for Baltimore’s ruination than Democrats.

Has anyone else been in charge?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Marlo Stanfield and Mayor Garcetti
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:29 pm Hard to think of anyone else to point fingers at for Baltimore’s ruination than Democrats.
So then what do you care? Don't visit Dem cities, and ignore the issue. You're all set now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:29 pm Hard to think of anyone else to point fingers at for Baltimore’s ruination than Democrats.
So then what do you care? Don't visit Dem cities, and ignore the issue. You're all set now.

a fan seems to promote segregation. Hmmmm. Should any republican left in Baltimore also be forced to leave?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That’s dumb
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

According to many everyone in the Baltimore suburbs who had the good sense to run from the city are obviously to blame!

:lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 am

According to many everyone in the Baltimore suburbs who had the good sense to run from the city are obviously to blame!

People should not be free to escape violence and protect their families! Force them back to the city! We have privilege to correct!
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 am

You just explained why the Dems have run these cities for so long.

Republicans don't have one single solitary idea as to how to fix these problems. So their game----Pete's game----is to run away, and throw stones at anyone who tries to fix the problems.

Republicans don't know what to do, and have lost the battle of ideas. That's why no one votes for them in cities.

And laughably, I've been trying to explain to the board's Republicans that all the chaos with urban police departments is your chance to win back cities for decades: come up with solutions to these urban problems.

And what do the Republicans say to this opportunity to use their "superior" ideology to fix problems? Nothing. Turns out they don't have the first clue how to fix things in Minneapolis or Balitmore, either.

So yes, my answer to Pete is: you don't REALLY care about Baltimore. So ignore it, and stop pretending that you care. You're not fooling anyone.

Return to “POLITICS”